Username Post: Anyone use Crafter's Workshop Templates?        (Topic#1524317)
twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme

Hi, I have been looking at the "Crafter's Workshop Templates" website. I have been trying to find a way to cut pretty shapes in my 12x12 paper for layouts. I saw someone's layout, with a beautiful shape to it, like the type you would buy pre-cut with scallops or curvy design. It mentioned these templates.

It seems they are a "trace it out, and cut with scissors" type of thing, but I don't know? Anyone out there ever use these? They look really interesting. Or, does anyone have other suggestions? I haven't found a way to use my "nestibilities" this way (too small) or the Cricut. I do have a Gypsy, perhaps there's a way with that? Thanks in advance, Stephanie

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to twoboysforme

I have them, they sell a bunch here in the superstore. they're a thin acrylic. they're fun. you can probably cut some of the shapes with various die cut systems, but this is a low-key way to do it if you don't have those systems. and they're useful if you want to make the shapes with pens or glitter, etc not cut out of paper. you do have to be careful what medium you use though, because some paints/pens smudge easily, so you may want to trace lightly with a pencil and then go over it.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-03-10 11:58 AM
In response to Tina scraps

I have a few, they are flimsy, but still fun to use.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to KimKV

I use them, but never for cutting. I use them mostly to poke holes in a pretty shape for brads or stitching.

Good luck!

Cindy

Robinzberdz
Diva
Robinzberdz
In response to cindy312

I use the circles n circles one for all my circles. I have used other circle cutters, but they ALL leave something to be desired!! With this one, you have to hand cut it , but you do get a perfect circle without screwing it up!!!!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Robinzberdz

I use them for doodling around but have never cut around them but you can do that, no problem!

twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme
In response to SuperAllyFan

Hi, this is the shape I want to do to my 12/12 paper at home, for a scrapbook layout, with a die, or the cricut, or a template, or anything else you all can advise me on. Anyone know how to do that? I would be most grateful!! Thanks for the great info so far!

twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme

• twoboysforme Said:
Hi, this is the shape I want to do to my 12/12 paper at home, for a scrapbook layout, with a die, or the cricut, or a template, or anything else you all can advise me on. Anyone know how to do that? I would be most grateful!! Thanks for the great info so far!

By the way, it doesn't have to be this EXACT shape but along these lines - tia!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
I use them, but never for cutting. I use them mostly to poke holes in a pretty shape for brads or stitching.

Good luck!

Cindy

ooooooh that's a good idea - mine sit unused so I'll have to remember that!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to peenut_23

besides the crafter's workshop template, you could use the technique tuesday chipboard shape below.

I used the technique tuesday chipboard for the layout below.

I am a work in progress By Tina Scraps

twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
besides the crafter's workshop template, you could use the technique tuesday chipboard shape below.

I used the technique tuesday chipboard for the layout below.

I am a work in progress By Tina Scraps

Ooohhh I hadn't ever seen those! Thanks, what a pretty layout!

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1

Before I found the Crafter's Workshop template I wanted I found a piece of 12X 12 cardstock cut in the shape and I just used that for a template. But now I have one CW template and I love it.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to sweet1

I bought a pack of pps and one was a shaped pp, so Idrew round it on to cereal box card and I use it for my templates every time

twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme
In response to SuperAllyFan

Great ideas, thanks all!!

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper

craI have several of the Crafter's Workshop Templates, and I like them. I've traced and cute out as well as draw around them on my paper. It can be time consuming, especially for something with lots of scallops. The design you mentioned (Orchid) is pretty easy to cut out.

Here's a few pages I've done with the templates:

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to Castle Scrapper

Total Joy By Gigikay" title=" Total Joy By Gigikay"Link

This background circle was done on Stroybook cart.

Kinsey at bat By Gigikay" title=" Kinsey at bat By Gigikay"Link
This one was done from Graphically Speacking

Christmas Toys By Gigikay" title=" Christmas Toys By Gigikay"Link

This is also from Graphically Speaking.

There on some like the ones you have posted on Storybook pages 66 though 77. You can go to the Cricut site and under information look for the libary and see the different pages of the handbook there.

twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme
In response to gigikay

Wow this is so great!!! Thank you all.

twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme

Gigi, one question, how did you cut those out so large? Was that on a 12x12 mat? I don't have graphically speaking, but wow, those two layouts are fantastic! Thanks for such great ideas.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics