Username Post: 1st and last page ideas        (Topic#1524515)
tnb 
New Kid On the Block
  • tnb on 01-05-10 11:23 AM

Hi.. this might have been done before..
and maybe some one can point me in the right direction.. but can you all please share what you do for your first and last pages in your scrapbooks? maybe even post pictures of them.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to tnb

For my annual albums, the first page is usually a synopsis of the year (journaling with maybe a photo or two). The last page just ends with whatever photos I took at the end of the year. When I did my husband's memorial album, I did a dedication page as the first page, with one pic of him and a quote. Then the last page was a multi-pic page with bunches of photos from his adult life and the years of his birth and passing.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Here's an example of a first page for my annual album:
Busy Year By Siameseplease

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I don't do anything.
My scrapbooks are not static, so the first and last pages change.

tnb 
New Kid On the Block
  • tnb on 01-05-10 12:04 PM

thank you so much for sharing!!!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to tnb

I understand what you mean by this. I too have a hard time deciding on the first & last pages. I guess this would also depend on the way you arrange your album. I do mine chronologically by year and the first page is usually "happy new year". the last page either finishes out Christmas holiday or I put a just a sheet of patterned paper with no pictures.

If you arrange your album opposite mine(put the end of the year or most recent first), you could start your album with a summary page of the year or even a calender page depicting the months with important events penciled in.

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal
In response to wilbur

For DD's albums, the last page isn't anything specific. I figure I could always be given pictures later and add to the album so it just ends.

The first page however is done with some thought. I generally use it as a title page. She's only 17 months old some I'm only on her second album. I think I may begin it with a picture from her 1 year portrait session. For her baby album, I did this page with a picture taken when she was just a couple minutes old. It's not fancy but I wanted something really simple for this first page of her life.

Welcome to Life By LilacGal

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to LilacGal

I love your first page!!!!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to LilacGal

Beautiful title page!! I don't have a problem with baby books and such, but my yearly albums, I do. Coming up with a title page is tough for me. I usually pass over them til something hits. Which means alot of them are blank for a while!! I end my books with Christmas or New Year's Eve.. depending if we did anything for NYE or not. I should do a Year in Review page like some of the others I have seen here do!

Jesseka
Expert
Jesseka
In response to momma paparazzi

I dont have a picture, but for my baby album I used my ultra sound for the first page and a single big shot lay out of my 1st bday for the last page.

Tenant
In response to Jesseka

For the first pages, I left them all blank for YEARS.

I recently started going back & making some first pages for older albums. I discovered that since I'm a "plain jane" kind of scrapper, that when I had zero pix to use on the cover page, I could just go crazy & really decorate & make it look pretty. I didn't have photos that I was worried about competing with!

Also, I enjoyed those cover pages so much that I've now saved a few to work on later when I'm "blocked" or not "into" scrapping. Hey, wait a sec, I'm not "into" scrapping these days. Maybe I should do one of these cover pages tomorrow

Don't have many suggestions for a back page. Maybe just "the end" or "see you next year"?

sankie1987
Pro
sankie1987
In response to Susan-GA

the last page i cut 1x1 squares from the pics i have left and kinda put them together as a grid its really interesting that way its not empty and still interesting to look at i find people look at it more closely then the other pages bc you notice the smaller details that you missed on the other pages

klawsonrn
Guru
klawsonrn
In response to sankie1987

A lot of times I do poems or quotes...sometimes just a nice photo that encompasses what the album was all about at the end. HTH

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to klawsonrn

When i'm working on my albums of years...I save the first page for until I'm all done. Any pics that I didn't use throught the album get put together in a collage as a peek as what is to come in that years pages. The last page is sometimes Christmas cards or simply photos from New Years Eve. If I'm working on an album from a trip or something I start off with a simple title page and end it with all the memories that I forgot to journal or thoughts that just didn't fit.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics