Username Post: Circle cutters?????        (Topic#1524557)
KMLUVGOD
Guru
KMLUVGOD

Could anyone give me any advice on which circle cutter to purchase?

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to KMLUVGOD

I have 2 systems I like - the Creative Memories cutting system with circle templates. I like this for layering photos and mats. But for making larger circles, I really love the WeRMemory Keepers Magnetic Cutting system. It really works great!! I've also seen this at ACMoores and Hobby Lobby.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to SmartyPants

I too have the CM system and LOVE it!

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to Legomom

I have the Martha Stewart Circle cutter. It is really easy to use and I love it!

KMLUVGOD
Guru
KMLUVGOD
In response to livelovecreate86

Thanks ladies I was eyeing the martha stewart circle cutter at walmart so I'm thinking about getting it. Thanks for all of the feed back.

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to KMLUVGOD

I liked my Creative Memories one but it has definite size limits. I have the We R Memory Keepers set now and will admit it took me a bit to get the hang of it but I am very happy with it now!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to SmartyPants

• SmartyPants Said:
I have 2 systems I like - the Creative Memories cutting system with circle templates. I like this for layering photos and mats. But for making larger circles, I really love the WeRMemory Keepers Magnetic Cutting system. It really works great!! I've also seen this at ACMoores and Hobby Lobby.

I love the we r memory keepers set too! ....for smaller circles and cutting pics into circles I use the colluzzle system

RitaS
RitaS 
Veteran
RitaS
  • RitaS on 01-06-10 07:24 AM
In response to melissadam

I used to just say "get them all!" but am not familiar with bottom two. Like many i started with Creative Memories - I use them often, especially for circles under 6. I can see easily where I am cutting.
I needed larger - so I bought the COluzzle circle template (have to use a foam mat with this one, so I don't reach for it as often), both the large and smaller. I used these as well - and with this system there is no margin for error,so if I am cutting a photo I am confident I will not be cutting off a nose or such.

For larger circles, a base on many of my layouts, I reach for the EK Curvy Cutter ALL the time. Unfortunatey I never quite got the hang of figuring out how to cut an exact 7 or 8.25"c ircle if precision is needed. It cuts like a hot knife through butter on a glass mat. HIGHLY recommend a glass mat - will never go back to self healing. Worthy investment.

I use all systems often - because nary a one duplicates a circle size and they all have their uses and helpful moments. HTH!

Edited by RitaS on 01-11-10 09:48 AM. Reason for edit: adsdt'l info on coluzzle added

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics