Username Post: Scrapping for Wishes        (Topic#1524905)
Tenant

Hello everyone! I had a brilliant idea to organize a scrap benefit with proceeds going to the Make-A-Wish foundation, in honor of my son, Levi who passed away.

I am very excited for this idea. You see, I have been waiting over 2 years trying to find a way to help. My son, Levi, who was 16 months, died in 2007. It was not terminal illness, however, it was a careless driver. Right before, we spent 10 magical days in Disney World. I know not all wishes are Disney- related, but many are. And it is my memories of Levi there that a treasure most, that time we had together. I want to help other children have that sparkle of something magical happening, be it a dream job for a day, a much loved animal, or a fabulous vacation. And I want other mommies to be able to look back and remember the magical memories that will have to last forever, as I do now.

I am in the beginning stages, but I need support and any help I can get. I started a FB group, please check it out and stay awhile!

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=240114243175&am...

Tenant
In response to rosethorne7

Hello all!!!

I have officially set a date for Scrapping for Wishes. Please see my Facebook page for more news!

1st Annual Scrapping for Wishes, Evansville National Guard Armory, July 31, 2010 from 8AM-8PM.

Bring your best scrapping girlfriends and spend a day catching up for a great cause!

Tenant

I had a great meet with Juli from MAW today! I took Levi's album and what I have done on our Disney 2007 Album to introduce her to Levi. I wanted her to feel like she knew my story well enought to share at her other meeting tonight. I think she liked them. I went over the plans and concerns I have. She took notes. She gave me a folder to look through, but I wanted to share first. We chatted like old friends. It was very nice! She, too, is having a baby boy, due in May. So we were able to chat about life in general, Levi, Scrapbooking, getting sponsors, and other great info! She is going to try to get me a commitee to help out, which is great! All in all it was a wonderful meeting and I can't wait to work with her more!

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

Alicia, it sounds great! Wish I could be there. Maybe next time.

CreativeScrapper
New Kid On the Block
CreativeScrapper
In response to ScrappinMom4

Hi Alicia,

I'm not sure if this was a one time event or if you are planning to do it annually. But, I thought I would let you know about the Make-A-Wish products that you can get from Creative Memories. The company partners with the Make-A-Wish foundation and every year comes out with new products to promote this. They are really nice things and a portion of the purchase price is dontated to Make-A-Wish. I am a consultant for Creative Memories, if you would like more information about this please contact me through my website:
www.mycmsite.com/nicolenewcome

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics