Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Which Glimmer Mist?        (Topic#1525079)
mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I just won $200 through a payroll deduction lottery! Woohoo! I just started a 6 month spending freeze, but thought I might spend half of it on scrappy supplies... one last ditch effort to get all my must-haves before I hanker down and do some winter scrapping!

I don't own a single glimmer mist, so one of the things I want to get is one bottle to try. I was thinking a brown or other neutral might be a nice start. I was eyeing the one below, but lookign for input. If you had to go on one glimmer mist for 6 months, what one would it be?

(ps, I'm also getting the first smooch collection pack and circle and scallop circle nesties!)
Products Referenced in This Post:

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to mercytiara

ONE GM for 6 months??!!! I die at the thought!

Personally, I would get blue. BUT if you want a good brown, hmmmm, Coffee Shop is good as well as Suede (but I don't think sb.com has Suede and I like Creme de Chocolate as well). Slate is like a really dark gray, it is also a good color.

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to Manda_K

Is this something of a "need" item?? I've never heard of it before, but the description on sb.com sounds pretty cool! How does one use it?

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-12-10 06:17 AM
In response to KCScrapDiva

I personally love patina, which is also a blue, but if I had to pick one......I'd go with coffee shop or latte.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to vawm

I think I would go with Coffee Shop or Sand myself.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to ScrappyHeather

By accident, I ordered two Coffee Shop... and I'm so glad that I did! It's a great coppery-brown.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to MommaSaid

So, it sounds like Coffee Shop is pretty popular so far. Now I'm wondering about the blue... I like the idea of adding some colour to a project, but the problem is that opens the door to so many other colours... and I only have $100 to spend here (or could I dip into the other hundred, lol?!). Any more opinions would be appreciated.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

Ok, ok, I didn't even need an enabler! If I were to get 3, which 3 should I get (slate sounded great, but it's sold out, boo!)?

Coffee shop sounds like a keeper, now what other 2? Maybe a blue and one other? Maybe a red? or a green?

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 01-12-10 07:18 AM

I have turquoise, tattered leather, and graphite and they are all awesome colors. I like the tattered leather and graphite because they are neutral and go with almost everything, but I use blues a lot so the turquoise comes in handy for me.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to CASBa

which colors in general do you use the most? I confess I don't use my glimmer mist much. I bought a gold and silver one just to have...and then I bought a few where I needed specific colors to go with specific projects, like purple for a particular album I was working on, red for christmas stuff, etc.

and hey - its "free" money, I say use it on whatever you want

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to KCScrapDiva

• KCScrapDiva Said:
Is this something of a "need" item?? I've never heard of it before, but the description on sb.com sounds pretty cool! How does one use it?

Just spray it! LOL...sounds easy yes?

I LOVE pretty much all the blues. Patina is AWESOME, it is sort of a greeny blue, Turquiose rocks, but ny fave blue is Sapphire. It is SO PRETTY!!!!

I love Candy Apple Red and Brick.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 01-12-10 07:33 AM
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
  • KCScrapDiva Said:

Just spray it! LOL...sounds easy yes?

I LOVE pretty much all the blues. Patina is AWESOME, it is sort of a greeny blue, Turquiose rocks, but ny fave blue is Sapphire. It is SO PRETTY!!!!

I love Candy Apple Red and Brick.

I am gonna have to get Sapphire and Patina now! I have a weakness for pretty blues. I do need to expand my colors a little and get more oranges, greens and reds too. Maybe some purples also. It is just so hard to make myself buy anything but blue.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to CASBa

I hear that! I still don't have a good purple GM. BUT Smooch Spritz makes a fabulous purple!

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 01-12-10 07:56 AM
In response to Manda_K

I got my first smooch ink this weekend. I got pool. It is awesome! I am going to have to get the spritz when I next order from here since they don't have it at Archiver's yet.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 01-12-10 07:59 AM
In response to Manda_K

I love Creme de Chocolat as a nice brown. If you want to try a color that won't "color" too much, just to get used to it, I also like Iridescent Gold. A lot. It adds just a hint of color and a nice, sparkly shimmer.

Seriously, when I got my Creme de Chocolat, I wanted to marry it. My husband said no.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to CASBa

I love Smooch so much! I have almost all of the colors.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to CASBa

It is SOOOOO hard to choose. But funny enough, the one i use the most is Pearl- which has no color!! I make alot of my own flowers and i spray it on them as a finishing touch and its so pretty IRL. It is the only bottle i have actually used to the point of running out. I also like Marshmellow too for this purpose. As for colors, they are all great! Guess it just depends on what you scrap alot of. I own everyone that Archivers carries! I cant wait till they get some different colors, cause you know i will own them too!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to ChansGram

Thanks for the input everyone! So this is what I got:

Can't WAIT to get it all! So nice to have a sudden winfall after thinking you'd be going dry for 6 months!! Now, back to no spending!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by mercytiara on 01-12-10 09:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to ChansGram

marshmallow

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to ChansGram

If you're wanting a pretty red candy apple is awesome, and is perfect for glamming up flowers.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics