Page 1 of 2467 
Username Post: The ORIGINAL Rockin Scrappin Grans & Friends Thread        (Topic#1525163)
annscraps
Queen
annscraps

02-28-09 10:42 AM - Post#10046325

Sorry we are now closed. **If you've been a member before and are thinking of re-joining, again, please contact me **

When you put up your first post, please answer the following questions so we know a little bit about you.
1. Your first name
2. Your date of birth (Nope, year isn't necessary)
3. How many, if any, children? Tell us about them.
4. How many, if any, grandchildren? Of course you'll tell us about them!!
5. How long have you been scrapping? Paper, digi, hybrid?
6. Where do you live?
7. Any other hobbies?
8. And anything else you'd like to tell us!!

MEMBERS:
Annscraps - Ann (Annie) - (BD 7-25) NEBRASKA
JustLori - Lori - (BD 1/27/1962) - OHIO
scrappin 2 - Cathe (3-18-1948)- ILLINOIS
chark - Char (10/3/1956) - WASHINGTON STATE
Sunnydi - Di - (BD 3/3/1947) - WASHINGTON STATE
bears99 - Jo - (BD)3/17) - NEBRASKA
GrannyTeeTee - Tee Tee (BD)2/22/1963 - INDIANA
Claggy - Nancy (BD 2-10-1961 - OKLAHOMA
Teia - (BD 3/21) - OREGON

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

And NOW -- if you've gotten here you are in the right place!!!!!

So start babbling ....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-13-10 09:18 AM
In response to annscraps

I know you did this just to lead me astray...here I am all by myself......blab, blab, blab.....

Geebaw
Geebaw 
Diva
Geebaw
In response to Tishd

No, Tish.....not alone....I am here, lurking as always!!! LOL

Soooooo...I missed an entire month of everyone's life....Betsey gave me a condensed recap that has me mostly caught up....but, for one thing....what kind of surgery did Ron have, and what were the complications??? All I had to do was read NG Tube and I got woozy!!! Been there, done that, twice in my life.......NEVER want to go there again!!

As for self-sufficiency.......My husband was an over-the-road trucker for 35+ years......I had 3 kids, a house on 2 city lots, vehicles, pets, bills....and was, for all intents and purposes, a single mother....so.....I know only too well about doing it all. I was always soooooooo envious of my friends who had husbands who actually parented and participated in day-to-day life!! My sons are those kinds of husbands/fathers....and it makes me very proud of them. They certainly did not have that modeled for them growing up...at least not by their dad. Ahhhhhh....enough whining....... LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Geebaw

OK......I am here......and what else do I have to do????? do I add this to my favs, and then delete the other one????? or what??????? Or do I just do nothing......you see how I complicate the simplest of things on a computer!!!!!! ROFL

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to Geebaw

Gee. Annie, is this what you did to your kids???? They leave home to go to scholl and you up and move???? LOL!!! Well, at least you did give us a forwarding address!!! Just doing a drive by!!!
Grandmother By Sandiesea

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Hi Pam....glad to see you are up to your old tricks.....and are lurking out there......ahhhhhh now life is good. Things are almost back to normal.....!!!!!!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

Ladies, this is where I will post any challenges and entries...keeping on page 1, just not at the TOP of the page any longer!

Edited by JustLori on 01-05-12 07:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to JustLori

• Lori...ProudArmyMom Said:
Yeah, yeah, I'm here, nag, nag, nag!

Betsey, what you do is swill down 7 beers...follow that with smokin' a pack of whatever...burp and scratch...then add this to your favorites, lol!

OK......OK......I just wanted to be sure I was doing the right thing!!!!!! I can smoke and scratch, but coffee will have to be the beverage of choice for me!!!!!!! ROFL!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Sandie.....love that new LO....it really is just lovely.......The photo is awesome!!!!!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

So, the challenge is to scrap about

FRIENDSHIP

Let's see some journaling! What does friendship mean to you? Who has picked you up, time after time after time, or handed you that football helmet when they found you banging your head against the wall? Who has taken the shotgun out of your hands and hidden the shells from you? LOL

You have two weeks to complete this challenge, and the prize is the satisfaction of knowing you scrapped, lol!

And, what good is a challenge, if there's not a twist, right? The twist is this (optional, of course)....somewhere on the layout I want a yard gnome, lol! Hidden, "yard gnome" spelled out, whatever!

Hey...at least it's not a chainsaw!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
OK......I am here......and what else do I have to do????? do I add this to my favs, and then delete the other one????? or what??????? Or do I just do nothing......you see how I complicate the simplest of things on a computer!!!!!! ROFL

I'm BACK --- lord how I love to shop --- NOT!!! AND while I was gone my work came in so I don't get to help rearrange the furniture in the new place or hang the curtains :+) DARN!!!!! And yes Betsey -- add this to your favorites --- I had to put the word "thread" on the end of Rockin' Scrapping Grams so it wasn't the same name as the other. You might as well erase the other just so you don't get confused

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

Yeah, yeah, I'm here, nag, nag, nag!

Betsey, what you do is swill down 7 beers...follow that with smokin' a pack of whatever...burp and scratch...then add this to your favorites, lol!

Awe geesh -- I forgot those instructions Betsey --- I get confused too -- thanks Lori!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to sandiesea

• sandiesea Said:
Gee. Annie, is this what you did to your kids???? They leave home to go to scholl and you up and move???? LOL!!! Well, at least you did give us a forwarding address!!! Just doing a drive by!!!
Grandmother By Sandiesea

You're RIGHT Sandie -- SEE how slow I've gotten with not being in here for two weeks --- I need all of you and your bad habits to keep mine going :+) NEXT time you have to come find me!!! LOL--- LOVE your layout. I'm going to get my work done and SCRAP -- you and Lori have inspired me

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Geebaw

• Geebaw Said:

Soooooo...I missed an entire month of everyone's life....Betsey gave me a condensed recap that has me mostly caught up....but, for one thing....what kind of surgery did Ron have, and what were the complications??? All I had to do was read NG Tube and I got woozy!!! Been there, done that, twice in my life.......NEVER want to go there again!!

As for self-sufficiency.......My husband was an over-the-road trucker for 35+ years......I had 3 kids, a house on 2 city lots, vehicles, pets, bills....and was, for all intents and purposes, a single mother....so.....I know only too well about doing it all. I was always soooooooo envious of my friends who had husbands who actually parented and participated in day-to-day life!! My sons are those kinds of husbands/fathers....and it makes me very proud of them. They certainly did not have that modeled for them growing up...at least not by their dad. Ahhhhhh....enough whining....... LOL

HI HI HI HI --- ok -- I'll tell you about Ron and you tell me about YOU!!! I know they found a tumor, large with you -- benign thank God --- where was it, and how long were you in the hospital? Are you working yet or not???

I will make no smart a remarks about people who can't handle NG tubes as I've NEVER had one and God will get me good when/if I ever need one -- but ******** (the surgeon, my client, a friend) who worked on Ron said -- after I asked -- that he had never had a patient in 40 years who had such a time with an NG tube. Maybe you and Ron can compare stories --- I mean it nearly drove him nuts -- well actually it DID -0- he called me a MIDNIGHT one night wanting me to call ******** at HOME to TEL

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

continued --- to TELL him (********) to get up to the hospital and take that tube out --- RIGHT and while I'm at it I'll have a talk with God about how he should straighten out the world.

NOW what IS it with this sb.com -- does it think it's become Twitter? That's TWICE it's cut me off --- only 140 characters or some such thing? Or it's just being stubborn?

Anyway Pam -- Ron had a subtotal colectomy ... so nearly all of his bowel was taken out -- left enuf so he wouldn't have to have a colostomy. He had polyposis on his last colonoscopy and while those aren't really termed PREcancerous, there as close as you can get without being there. PLUS he had one precancerous lesion (tubulovillous adenoma) --- so he (Ron) immediately said "take it out" -- which IS the smart thing to do but so few people accept the idea. Then the NG tube was the culprit in him remaining in the hospital for a second week --- after they pulled it, he got sick -- so had to have it put down a second time and pump for a few days.

AND I did not bi*ch or anything around Ron or ******** or the nurses --- acted like the sweet gentle loving wife, GLAD to be doing everything of mine AND Ron's --- but I have a strength-o-meter I'm going to be secretly using on him and as he gets stronger, the household duties shift REALLY fast :+)

GADS it let me use more than 140 characters!!!!! OK I gotta go type

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to JustLori

So, the challenge is to scrap about

FRIENDSHIP

Let's see some journaling! What does friendship mean to you? Who has picked you up, time after time after time, or handed you that football helmet when they found you banging your head against the wall? Who has taken the shotgun out of your hands and hidden the shells from you? LOL

You have two weeks to complete this challenge, and the prize is the satisfaction of knowing you scrapped, lol!

And, what good is a challenge, if there's not a twist, right? The twist is this (optional, of course)....somewhere on the layout I want a yard gnome, lol! Hidden, "yard gnome" spelled out, whatever!

Hey...at least it's not a chainsaw!

PERSONALLY THIS SCARES THE BEJEEZUS OUT OF ME BECAUSE I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING WHILE WANDERING AROUND WALLY WORLD -- it's time we had a challenge I had not, however, come up with a topic ---- VERY good topic Lori --- and two weeks so we have until -- what day is this? the 27th to get it done? I think that's right. And as we get 'em done (as Larry the CG would say) make sure you allow me to get into them so I can put them all up at the top ---

Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go --- trust me I'm not whistling or dancing!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-13-10 11:39 AM
In response to Geebaw

• Geebaw Said:

Ah ha....you are all here! Hello, hello. I watched a bit of CNN and then took a nap with the cats! What an exciting day I have had thus far with hubby gone. He just called to tell me that he and his friend arrived and checked in and he will call me back tonight.

Pam I do think my husband was from the "old school" Was not ever really what I would call a hands on dad when the kids were growing up. He was a good dad, but wasn't what a call a hands on dad.( didn't do diaper duty etc) My son's on the other hand, they are wonderful and have always been hands on....Perhaps it is just the times, I don't know! Anyway, sigh....

So good to see you lurking and stopping in...

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-13-10 11:41 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:

Ok Betsey, when you find out what you have to do, you let me know. You are older than me, so I follow your lead!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-13-10 11:42 AM
In response to JustLori

Ya know...I think it's time for a friendly lil challenge! It's been too long...

I do agree Lori...just don't be making it too difficult!!!

Page 1 of 2467 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics