Username Post: The ORIGINAL Rockin Scrappin Grans & Friends Thread        (Topic#1525163)
cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to annscraps

Hope everyone in the storms and tornado paths are ok this morning.

Betsey - Hope you feel better by tomorrow.

Getting ready for church then after lunch I am definitely scrapping/crafting this afternoon and evening.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to scrappin 2

Ann: I just got out of the Costco site. What you have to do is choose Prints, then I choose the 4x6 size.. go onto uploading them and put them in the album... then you get the page which you can choose the size on.

Cathe: doesn't look like any scrapping today. Dale wants to go somewhere... so off we'll go about noon.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to annscraps

• annscraps Said:
  • bears99 Said:
Annie...why are The two of you not sleeping in the basement tonight?? I know you cannot see out, but it is dark out anyway....so there is nothing to miss and a lot tO gain....just sayin'....

We will be in winteR storm watch after 3 am......expecting snow!

Josie -- because RON won't sleep downstairs --- BUT I did make him lie down on the couch for a while till the sirens ended --- don't ask me -- you could crawl inside his head and see what he's thinking but that could be a frightening journey Anyway --- up at 8 on a Sunday, off to buy fabric and hopefully to add more to my shop, AND take some out to be re-done -- soon I will have nothing but handmades in there :+)

AND Josie did you guys get hit very bad? Windy here today is all --- we had 5" of rain![/quote

Annie...don't take anything out....you have already paid for them to be listed......leave everything as it is, and just add to it. Trust me, many, many, people have not found you yet.....PATIENCE......PATIENCE......!!!!!!! There are many who have over 300 ietems in their store...leave it alone and just move on. ]

Edited by memex9 on 04-15-12 08:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-15-12 10:58 AM
In response to memex9

We are home! It is always such a good feeling to walk in after being gone for a few days! First thing on the agenda was to give Alpo attention and love!

Tim is outside raking in his shorts! It is beautiful outside today!

I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight!

Annie, you asked what station I was listening to regarding the weather? Just bits and peices here and there! Last night was spent with the family (dinner) and then lots of just family fun, talk, and laughter around the kitchen table!

I am in hopes to get back into my regular routine later!

Cathe, you asked what i bought at the consignment store. I bought a funny rooster that sits in some wrought iron, and rocks back and forth, and i bought a rooster on canvas print. Country items!

I hope everyone is safe.....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-15-12 11:04 AM
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Cathe - Yes, all the tutorials I watched today were for paper scrapping. I want to try my hand at quilling. Karyol took me out for dinner after he got home from work and then we went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby neither of which had quilling kits and/or supplies and nobody working there even knew what I was talking about. FRUSTRATING. So I am going to look it up online.

Annie - STAY SAFE!!

Cheryl, i had the pedi done, at a place right in colchester that does manicures, pedicures, waxing, etc. it appears to be run by some Vietnamese people! I was quite impressed! This is something I swore I would never have done due to my ugly feet! My dil insisted, and i am so glad she did!
Di - glad you got some yard work done. It never rained here today but was EXTREMELY windy.

Tish - sounds like today was a fun day for you. I have never had a pedi before. Where did you get it done at?

Char - Where do you usually get your pedi done? I have no idea where to even look here. It sounds like something I would enjoy occasionally.

Betsey - Some programs do strange things to computers. I totally understand about only using Yahoo since you are already familiar with it and no problems with it.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to annscraps

• annscraps Said:
  • Tishd Said:
Good morning! We are getting ready to head back to Maine, so if I have any energy left tonight, I will catch up!

it sounds like Oklahoma got hit hard by tornados! Hope You are ok Nancy!

Hugs to all!

Yes they did -- and so did Nebraska -- what station are you listening to woman? Also Kansas got blasted big time -- hope Sue is okay

The storms on Sat. hit the western to central parts of the state. Tulsa is in the NW part, so we got rain and wind. There was some talk of small tornadoes sighted, but they have decided it was straight winds. Doing fine, nothing serious and the watches are supposed to end this afternoon. Kansas looked pretty beaten up though. Thanks for the concern, we are safe here.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • cdjohnson Said:
Cathe - Yes, all the tutorials I watched today were for paper scrapping. I want to try my hand at quilling. Karyol took me out for dinner after he got home from work and then we went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby neither of which had quilling kits and/or supplies and nobody working there even knew what I was talking about. FRUSTRATING. So I am going to look it up online.

Annie - STAY SAFE!!

Cheryl, i had the pedi done, at a place right in colchester that does manicures, pedicures, waxing, etc. it appears to be run by some Vietnamese people! I was quite impressed! This is something I swore I would never have done due to my ugly feet! My dil insisted, and i am so glad she did!
Di - glad you got some yard work done. It never rained here today but was EXTREMELY windy.

Tish - sounds like today was a fun day for you. I have never had a pedi before. Where did you get it done at?

Char - Where do you usually get your pedi done? I have no idea where to even look here. It sounds like something I would enjoy occasionally.

Betsey - Some programs do strange things to computers. I totally understand about only using Yahoo since you are already familiar with it and no problems with it.

Usually, I find the quilling things in the scrapbooking area, either with the stamping or the aisle with all the flowers and brads and such. I'm sorry you didn't find them. There isn't a great deal of stuff, the tools/kits and sets of paper strips. If you really want them, I'll buy them and send them to you.

I have half a mind to create a HL map to use when friends have these difficulties. Or maybe I could offer my services as a HL Guide and give tours. There have been a number of times when I could tell someone where to find an item and the actual store worker didn't know they had it-LOL! If they were publicly owned, I'd buy stock.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • annscraps Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:
There is a coupon to take to store for the 9 cents. Don't think it'll work for mail order.

Morning Di -- I went in but saw NO place for 12 x 12 prints in the on line Costco -- Char isn't that where you get your 12 x 12????? Or is that only available at stores???

TISH --- can you remember where you and I ordered those 12 x 12 prints?????

I order 12 x 12 there. After you upload the pics you will have a page where you can choose sizes. That's also the page where it'll ask you to check the cropping they want to do.

Thanks Di --- I will try it then ----

LOVE your new avi!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Announcement -- we have another new gran coming in Just got a PM from her -- I told her I'd tell everyone to behave -- yeah, RIGHT -- like everyone is gonna listen to ME.

I have five new items in my shop ladies -- would LOVE your take especially on the pillow --- I'm about half done with another one --- very unlike the first one.

AND so etsy goes on and on and on LOL

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Tornadoes are so scary!!
Hope we hear from Nancy that she is ok.

Annie I'm glad that you have your answer all ready when reporters ask why Ron wasn't in the basement with you. Men!!! I'm glad you can hear your sirens.

Cheryl-nice that Karyol took you out.
We ended up with some bean soup that my bil gave us.

Tish sounds like your trip was fun...and a new experience too. (the pedi)

Betsey how do you feel?

Char I imagine you are getting ready for the girls to return.

Josie Winter storm watch??? ICK!!! UGG! hope it doesn't snow.

We had rain and a storm last night. I woke up once and saw lightning. It feels like stormy weather out there now. Rum went golfing anyway.

Di-Are you scrapping the Tulip field with Dori in them? I hope to scrap today too. Sorry you overdid it yesterday.

Man is it hard to navigate in Etsy! drives me nuts!

Good morning Lori, Kathy, TeeTEE, Ann

Well Cathe -- for all the years I owned Resumes by Ann I was always getting interviewed and I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT -- so I figured this time I'd have an answer prepared ahead of time! :+) Today we are getting 45-50 mph winds but it is sunny out!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Ann: I just got out of the Costco site. What you have to do is choose Prints, then I choose the 4x6 size.. go onto uploading them and put them in the album... then you get the page which you can choose the size on.

Cathe: doesn't look like any scrapping today. Dale wants to go somewhere... so off we'll go about noon.

Will do, Di --- I've got about five 12 x 12 scrapbooks still laying here from when the place I bought 12 x 12 from quit --- and would like to finish those up -- especially since it seems I don't have THAT much time for scrapping these days -- when I do I could finish them and they'd be good to go for Christmas :+)

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • annscraps Said:
  • bears99 Said:
Annie...why are The two of you not sleeping in the basement tonight?? I know you cannot see out, but it is dark out anyway....so there is nothing to miss and a lot tO gain....just sayin'....

We will be in winteR storm watch after 3 am......expecting snow!

Josie -- because RON won't sleep downstairs --- BUT I did make him lie down on the couch for a while till the sirens ended --- don't ask me -- you could crawl inside his head and see what he's thinking but that could be a frightening journey Anyway --- up at 8 on a Sunday, off to buy fabric and hopefully to add more to my shop, AND take some out to be re-done -- soon I will have nothing but handmades in there :+)

AND Josie did you guys get hit very bad? Windy here today is all --- we had 5" of rain![/quote

Annie...don't take anything out....you have already paid for them to be listed......leave everything as it is, and just add to it. Trust me, many, many, people have not found you yet.....PATIENCE......PATIENCE......!!!!!!! There are many who have over 300 ietems in their store...leave it alone and just move on. ]

Yes'mam --- gads --- as far back as I can remember --- never EVER EVER have I had patience. Rosemary thinks I'm doing well --- three sales --- and where is our little Lorikins today -- hiding somewhere so she doesn't have to listen to us -- yes US???????? patience, patience, patience, grumble, grumble, grumble --- ok --- when I get more big stuff in there I will re-organize my shop ---- new departments -- I will not take anything out!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
We are home! It is always such a good feeling to walk in after being gone for a few days! First thing on the agenda was to give Alpo attention and love!

Tim is outside raking in his shorts! It is beautiful outside today!

I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight!

Annie, you asked what station I was listening to regarding the weather? Just bits and peices here and there! Last night was spent with the family (dinner) and then lots of just family fun, talk, and laughter around the kitchen table!

I am in hopes to get back into my regular routine later!

Cathe, you asked what i bought at the consignment store. I bought a funny rooster that sits in some wrought iron, and rocks back and forth, and i bought a rooster on canvas print. Country items!

I hope everyone is safe.....

Well I've already welcomed you home -- but welcome again --- waiting for your opinion on my skills as a seamstress :+)

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • annscraps Said:
  • Tishd Said:
Good morning! We are getting ready to head back to Maine, so if I have any energy left tonight, I will catch up!

it sounds like Oklahoma got hit hard by tornados! Hope You are ok Nancy!

Hugs to all!

Yes they did -- and so did Nebraska -- what station are you listening to woman? Also Kansas got blasted big time -- hope Sue is okay

The storms on Sat. hit the western to central parts of the state. Tulsa is in the NW part, so we got rain and wind. There was some talk of small tornadoes sighted, but they have decided it was straight winds. Doing fine, nothing serious and the watches are supposed to end this afternoon. Kansas looked pretty beaten up though. Thanks for the concern, we are safe here.

Norman got hit though didn't it, but the day BEFORE the storms that were so far ranging???

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • cdjohnson Said:

Annie - STAY SAFE!!

Usually, I find the quilling things in the scrapbooking area, either with the stamping or the aisle with all the flowers and brads and such. I'm sorry you didn't find them. There isn't a great deal of stuff, the tools/kits and sets of paper strips. If you really want them, I'll buy them and send them to you.

I have half a mind to create a HL map to use when friends have these difficulties. Or maybe I could offer my services as a HL Guide and give tours. There have been a number of times when I could tell someone where to find an item and the actual store worker didn't know they had it-LOL! If they were publicly owned, I'd buy stock.

You and me both Nancy -- the gals know I LIVE at HL --- today though I went to Joann's and must say they have WONDERFUL paper stuff and I did get some -- for the teen book I'm going to put on etsy. They are having a week long sale -- nearly everything in the store is 40-50% off --- sigh -- another place to shop! LOL!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

OK almost supper time then sewing time ---- BETSEY GET BETTER AND FAST --- I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO BE SICK --- GOT IT?????????????

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

Oh yes and I saw a small Cricut today at Joann's and they had it on special for $99 --- so I think my $50 is fine --- will put it on the garage sale --- IF we have time for one this year!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to annscraps

I have ordered my 12 x12 digi layouts from a place on line. They were on 2.99 per print...very nicely done. I will lookup the site and post or pm it to you.

All safe here..windy and rainy this am...no snow

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to bears99

Thank you for adding me to your group. I have some pages done that I have done recently and only one project I finally finished (photo up)I like challenges and since there are no crops close to me this may get me to finish things quicker and be fun also...
1. Your first name
Teia

2. Your date of birth (Nope, year isn't necessary)
March 21st

3. How many, if any, children? Tell us about them.
I have 5 children 4 girls and one boy. Oldest lives in Mexico with her hubby and 5 kids, 2nd oldest lives in Texas with her hubby and 3 kids, Middle child is here in Salem, OR single but she has 3 kids (those are the ones I am fostering) 4th child is in the Navy she is stationed on the USS NIMITZ up in Everett, WA single no kids, my youngest is my only son. He is a Jr in High School so soon I will not have any kids at home. (that makes 12 grandkids)
4. How many, if any, grandchildren? Of course you'll tell us about them!!
I have 12 grandkids... They range from 12 to 2yrs old. More girls than boys. I had a great time babysitting my oldest ones for 4 years then they moved to mexico last year. Now I foster 3 (two girls one boy) grandkids so I do not have much time on my hands anymore.

5. How long have you been scrapping? Paper, digi, hybrid?
I have been paper scrapping since 1994. I have 13 albums started but none finished cause I am always adding to them all.

6. Where do you live?
I live in Salem, OR
7. Any other hobbies?
I love ceramics and sewing (again when I get the time)

8. And anything else you'd like to tell us!!
I am also a full time student (on line) to be an Elementary teacher and math teacher. My husband just came home last December from Afghanistan and my daughter is getting ready to be deployed to who knows where (wont know till she gets there).

Edited by tneal40 on 04-15-12 02:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-15-12 02:17 PM
In response to annscraps

• annscraps Said:
Announcement -- we have another new gran coming in Just got a PM from her -- I told her I'd tell everyone to behave -- yeah, RIGHT -- like everyone is gonna listen to ME.

I have five new items in my shop ladies -- would LOVE your take especially on the pillow --- I'm about half done with another one --- very unlike the first one.

AND so etsy goes on and on and on LOL

Well I love your steam punk pillow, Annie! The price was just for the pillow cover itself, right?
I like the design!

I am glad we have a new Gran coming in!

Where is our new Ann???????

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics