Username Post: The ORIGINAL Rockin Scrappin Grans & Friends Thread        (Topic#1525163)
charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-03-12 07:03 AM
In response to bears99

Good morning!

Add me to the toss and turn group. I finally went to bed around midnight......I am so mad at my brothers 2 girls. I find out on facebook my brother is very ill. FACEBOOK! Then I have to message them and get no response so I text one of them and she tells me her dad called her yesterday...he NEVER calls....does not even have a cell phone. Lives in a tent for God's sake. Finds his way to a phone to tell her he has cirrossis of the liver and does not have much time left. I am frustrated and sad and livid with those girls.

So neither one thought to call any of his sisters?

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-03-12 07:03 AM
In response to charK

Have my sick kid home again today.

My bursitus hip is killing me too. Probably all that time on the cement yesterday.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 07:39 AM
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Oh my gosh Betsey....they burnt down the house??? ....probably. Surely the fire Marshall will find the cause.
As for the "kids" not cleaning up....shame on them!

I made myself get up at 8:00. I think Annie's "old self" came over to Illinois and jumped in my brain.

Why is it that we have such horrible sleep patterns? According to tv the entire female population of the US is like that.

Tish I feel so sorry for Alan with his knees and legs hurting him. Did he go to the Dr. and make sure he doesn't have a blood clot? I'm so NOT medical, but that came to mind.

Rum left to golf...he kept yacking to me as I tried to read the posts. lol I was ready for him to GO.

Di as you can see I have figured out how to change the avi. YHEA! I've done it twice now so what I do must work!! You can kind of see the highlights. I used this picture of my eyes shut just in case I deleted the better photo while trying to make it smaller.

Garage sales. my friend is having one today that starts at 4:00 thought that an odd time to start. She has about 600 books for sales. She said I could come over early.I hope it doesn't rain.

I think it rained last night, but didn't storm as predicted.

Have a good day everyone!

Cathe, no it's not a blood clot...it is a combination of arthritis and weight I believe. Doctor said she would give him a shot of cortisone in the one that bothers him the most, but he hasn't had the shot yet. Men!

Cathe he is at Foxwoods with his friend that is legally blind since Tuesday, and will be home this afternoon.

Your hair looks nice. I have most of the red out of mine now!

I have to meet my friend Vi for lunch shortly so will be back to catch up with

Char and Josie when I return!

Edited by Tishd on 05-03-12 07:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

Morning ladies.... West Coast is wet and a bit dreary.

Went to a meeting and found that I can put the grandkids in a DHS approved daycare for when I need a break... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.. there is one 4 houses down from me.

Been working on school work more than scrapping. I found a cinch bind it all but it makes round holes...and you can use chipboard on it. I like the square holes but may have to deal with the round ones.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to tneal40

Cathe...I like your hair! Now I want to see the picture with your eyes OPEN. lol

Teia...glad you can get a break every noe and then...and that the daycare is so close to you! Yea!!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:

Went to a meeting and found that I can put the grandkids in a DHS approved daycare for when I need a break... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.. there is one 4 houses down from me.

Been working on school work more than scrapping. I found a cinch bind it all but it makes round holes...and you can use chipboard on it. I like the square holes but may have to deal with the round ones.

check out Zutter bind it all here on sb.com there is a video but I didn't watch it. It is on sale!!!
...and what is DHS? glad you can get a break, it must be hard taking care of such little one every day.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 05-03-12 08:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Good morning!

Add me to the toss and turn group. I finally went to bed around midnight......I am so mad at my brothers 2 girls. I find out on facebook my brother is very ill. FACEBOOK! Then I have to message them and get no response so I text one of them and she tells me her dad called her yesterday...he NEVER calls....does not even have a cell phone. Lives in a tent for God's sake. Finds his way to a phone to tell her he has cirrossis of the liver and does not have much time left. I am frustrated and sad and livid with those girls.

oh my gosh Char. So sorry to hear this news about your brother. This is the brother you are always so concerned about? You only have the one brother right? Prayers for him for sure.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

mms.......work to do.

but

Josie; saw your post about your dad....so sorry, so so sorry. I hate C

bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 09:21 AM
In response to annscraps

• annscraps Said:
Well no one needs to start worrying about Tishie -- I just called and woke her up --- I really was getting worried since she fell asleep on her ipad last night --- so all is well in Maine and Bat Woman is in bed at 7:00 AM her time!!!! Ohhhh Tishie!!!

Annie, I really didn't fall asleep on my IPAD last night, I feel asleep knitting! Now how one can fall asleep knitting is beyond me! Anyway, I am wondering if I sat up in the living room all night I might sleep? It seems to be when I actually get in my jammies and into bed that I can't sleep!

Is it still raining? I am back from lunch with Vi and about to take a nap! That's the problem...I nap during the day!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 09:22 AM
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:

Wonderful that you can get a break! We all need a break every now and then!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 09:23 AM
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Cathe...I like your hair! Now I want to see the picture with your eyes OPEN. lol

Teia...glad you can get a break every noe and then...and that the daycare is so close to you! Yea!!

Josie, I am glad you checked in. I worry about you when we don't hear from you! I am sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers for him.

We need photo's of you chasing cows!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 09:25 AM
In response to charK

• charK Said:

My bursitus hip is killing me too. Probably all that time on the cement yesterday.

Char, I would be absolutely furious with your neices for not calling to tell you that your only brother has been sick! I am so sorry to hear this. Keep us posted when you find out how he is doing.

Sorry your hip is bothering you. Maybe we all need to go to a sleep clinic! (those of us who have problems sleeping!)

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 09:26 AM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
mms.......work to do.

but

Josie; saw your post about your dad....so sorry, so so sorry. I hate C

bbl

Hi Di!!!!!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to Tishd

Char and Josie, thinking of you both....

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
  • tneal40 Said:

check out Zutter bind it all here on sb.com there is a video but I didn't watch it. It is on sale!!!
...and what is DHS? glad you can get a break, it must be hard taking care of such little one every day.

DHS = Department of Human Services. They are the ones that took the kids from my daughter. Kindo of like child protection services just one notch lower. Will check out the Zutter.... ty

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:

What is DHS?????? Why do they have to approve of a daycare for kids you have custody of????? I am not quite understanding this situation....aren't they your grandchildren?????? Very confusing!!!! Where in the world do you live???? I have a friend who has custody of four of her dd's kids, and is raising them........but I don't know of such regulations of having to use an "approved" daycare.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I guess I should have kept reading.....Cathe beat me to it asking what that was. Dept of Human services of what? The State???? Who took the kids from her.......????? The state??? You???? I am just curious!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • charK Said:

Char, I would be absolutely furious with your neices for not calling to tell you that your only brother has been sick! I am so sorry to hear this. Keep us posted when you find out how he is doing.

Sorry your hip is bothering you. Maybe we all need to go to a sleep clinic! (those of us who have problems sleeping!)

To Char.......I am also sorry that they did not think to inform you.....after all the time you have spent helping him over the years......what in the HELL is the matter with kids these days.......are they all without the least bit of common sense???? common courtesy?????? I hear this stuff all the time, and now this....and the way Karens kids are behaving just astounds me really! I am sooo sorry!!!!! I guess we should not be surprised about his diagnosis.....he has had a drinking issue for a long time....isn't that right!????? I really am sooo sorry! I truly hope that you can educate your grandgirls about alcoholism and its genetic propensity. When is runs in families, it is truly dangerous for them to ever drink. I would think with all the education today, and the openness about addiction, that kids would get it! But they sure don't seem to! I am just sooo very sorry for this sad news......you and your family are in my prayers, Char. So very sad!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-03-12 12:09 PM
In response to memex9

Betsey! You missed your chance! The painting you wanted,
The Scream, sold for $119 million Wednesday night at Sotherby's auction in NYC.

Can you imagine spending that much for a painting???

Or was it Annie or Di that wanted that painting??????

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Good morning!

Good reason to be furious... sorry Char. Is he local so you can visit him?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics