Page 2465 of 2467 
Username Post: The ORIGINAL Rockin Scrappin Grans & Friends Thread        (Topic#1525163)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-02-12 12:12 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Di, do you have a special shirt for the fourth of July? Red, white and blue?

And you are getting to meet the young lady your son is dating! That will be fun! I hope you like her. I know you were very sad to lose your dil (divorce) My son is taking his friend Suzanne to Tony's wedding in New Hampshire July 14th. I noticed he was very quick to e-mail all his siblings and cc me as to their relationship!!!! Just a good friend, and someone who enjoys life and is fun to be with he says. She is a great girl, and is actually my daughter, Julie's best friend. Her name is Suzanne. We like her a lot, but I do not look for anything to come of this.
Famous last words, huh!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-02-12 12:15 PM
In response to Claggy

Nancy, yes, that is the very reason I don't especially want to take the car anywhere, I don't want to pay some whopping service fee. Someone told us to pull the radio and it should be on the radio. If all else fails, maybe Tim can do that for me!

When I drive, I love my radio on!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-02-12 12:17 PM
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
Getting some of my 4th of July cooking done today. Jello mold and cake balls. Temps are only in the 90's today so I'll heat up the oven! Our son and gf are coming over. A friend and her son as well as my DH friend and new gf. Perhaps two others but unsure. Looking forward to a day of games, eating and maybe fireworks. I just hate the crowds on July 4th and often we just watch the Boston Pops! How sad is that?

Nancy, not sad at all. We have nothing planned for the 4th this year! It seems odd to have it right in the middle of the week! But as of right now, not a thing planned. We used to go to the fireworks, but I have no desire to put up with crowds.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-02-12 12:19 PM
In response to Tishd

Nancy! I forgot again...RECIPE, RECIPE, RECIPE!!!!!! MARKED IT DOWN HERE BY THE COMPUTER!

CHARLENE KAI wherefore art thou?

Teia!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

We join the ranks of those with no plans for the 4th. Don't like crowds or tolerate heat well enough to attend fireworks. Since it is in the middle of the week, the two kids (and their families) who live away will not be traveling here. Will probably have dinner with dd and dsil who live next door. Their dd is off to Tennessee to meet her boyfriend's grandparents and some cousins.

Don't remember who asked...but we did not have to pay for a service call. The repairman is a friend and knows we will be calling him again one of these days for some other problem that he can make up for this with!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to oakhills

Ann I asked about the service call. ...It is good to have friends in high places. lol Glad you didn't have to spend your money.

Betsey I pictured the birdies in the water at your house. It was a wonderful scene. At Devil's Lake Chateau (where they sell treats, some food, souvenirs. etc) the mother bird has built a nest in the corner of the eves. Everyone was stopping to see the 4 little birds bobbing their heads waiting for their mom.

Tish I'd be really upset if I didn't have my car radio. Hope you don't have to pay $50 like Nancey did to have the code put back in.
Is it Tim who is taking Suzanne to the picnic?

I will go to the 4th of July parade. Rum won't go. I'll meet up with Doug and family and his neighbor and friends. Charity's sister and family meet there too. Casey said she's not going!!! That makes me really upset. Rayn loves the parade and getting the candy. I hope she changes her mind. Then I found out that she's not coming to swim either or for dinner!!! What's with her???
I know she doesn't want to come with so many people here. I don't think she likes Annie's husband. He does act like a big kid at times. He's the one that was splashing Rayn in the pool so much that she had a hard time reaching the side. Casey is making her stay in the shallow end now. Kian is signed up for swimming lessons, but not Rayn. Kian jumps in and puts his head under. He will be 3 next Sunday.

Casey and the kids came swimming at noon. I went in with them. It was fun.

I worked hard today. The porch really needed attention....cobwebs, dirty grill, windowsills needed washing. I knew that room would make more work for me. oh well Rum loves it.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to scrappin 2

July 4th is my gs birthday party... its a tradition in our family now since his birthday is today. will be a small gathering since oldest daughter is in Mexico... she found out she has RA and cann't work. So she has applied for SSI. poor thing. She loves to work and do things but the poor dear is in so much pain all the time... her hands, shoulder and coller bone all hurt her. She does well if she just SITS.. but if she has to move to much she has to take some pills, wait for them to work then move. I hate that she is so far away and so young to have this.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to tneal40

So sad about your daughter. RA is so painful and limits ones abilities to do so many things. I was surprised to see she can apply for SSI in Mexico. There is so much I don't know about living outside the US.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Teia; sorry to hear about your daughter and diagnosis of RA.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
Ok question... why are we thinking of doing a new thread?

Annie, who was in control of this board via the first posting (creation of board) has left and so Cheryl has volunteered to head us up and needs to create a new board in order to have control... she'll give us all the link on Tuesday she said.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

CAhte; I hope Casey is not holding a grudge for any length of time...not healthy. Not fun for you if they don't come.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I too am cooking today for the 4th...only because we're going to be staying at a family members house for several days and driving from there to the 4th party in a small city 10 miles from there. I don't want to mess my relatives kitchen up by doing baking and cooking.

Our party is at my sil's parent's house on the bay..fabulous place to party. I get to see the new mil apartment my daughter/Dori/sil are living in until late September.

Funny to share about that mil apartment. My sil's dad has nicknamed it his "Man Cave"...fixed it up nice.. well the kids moved in yesterday and Dori's corner with a Princess house is there...she had on fairy wings yesterday evening and was playing in her corner... My sil's dad took a picture of her and texted it out to all his friends and family saying "My man cave has been taken over by a redheaded fairy." omg I laughed so hard over that text. Too cute and funny to us.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
I too am cooking today for the 4th...only because we're going to be staying at a family members house for several days and driving from there to the 4th party in a small city 10 miles from there. I don't want to mess my relatives kitchen up by doing baking and cooking.

Our party is at my sil's parent's house on the bay..fabulous place to party. I get to see the new mil apartment my daughter/Dori/sil are living in until late September.

Funny to share about that mil apartment. My sil's dad has nicknamed it his "Man Cave"...fixed it up nice.. well the kids moved in yesterday and Dori's corner with a Princess house is there...she had on fairy wings yesterday evening and was playing in her corner... My sil's dad took a picture of her and texted it out to all his friends and family saying "My man cave has been taken over by a redheaded fairy." omg I laughed so hard over that text. Too cute and funny to us.

Oh how cute that your sil sent that text. I sure miss those "fairy" days. Rayn is so past all that at age 7 well almost 8. She isn't into Barbie anymore either, or pretty ponies. Nada...all over. So enjoy your little princess. I know you do.

Sounds like a fun 4th being on the bay.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
CAhte; I hope Casey is not holding a grudge for any length of time...not healthy. Not fun for you if they don't come.

I don't think she is holding a grudge. I think she is concerned about so many people being here... That is when there are drowning accidents. Oh....I don't know what she thinks to be honest. lol

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

Teia so sorry to hear that your daughter has RA. Is there a chance she'll move back near you?

oakhills
Governor
oakhills

Dianna, love the text msg. about Dori. How funny! Sounds like fun to be on the bay for the 4th, too.

Cathe, a parade would be fun, too. The last 4th of July parade we went to was while on our 40th anniversary cruise to Alaska. It was in Skagway and was so much fun. The scrapbook page I did for that day was my favorite for that trip.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • memex9 Said:
Ann.,.....I just remembered that site I found was called Baby Super Mall.com in fact here is the link. I found this Tiger Lily set...that I just love, not to mention the fact that the baby is going to be named Lily! Anyway....here it is:

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/kli/kli 3908b...

Lots of things on here too. So....I am leaving it up to Allyson at this point......!

It's on sale, you better jump on it!!!!!

I would have already ordered it, but it is not my decision to make...and Ally is very slow to decide.......so, I am sure we will miss it. I try very hard not to get too involved with her and buying anything.......she can never decide, waits, waits, waits, and then gets mad when the thing is not still there, or the sale is off, or the color she wanted is gone!!!!! It makes me crazy....so it's better for me to just back off....LOL I almost just ordered it in case she decided that is what she wants and its gone or off sale....LOL But.........she is 21 and I am tired of trying to fix things for kids that need to grow up......and that includes suffering disappointments etc....soooooooo I have resigned myself to the fact that she will get what she gets and that is it. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Betsey, I went to Etsy and checked, and sure enough, we do have some of that same yellow ware in our favorites. One bowl, the one that I think was mocha ware was only $749.00. Now I am definitely going to own that! Seriously, I fell in love with that bowl. Are yellow ware and mocha ware one in the same? Why was the yellow bowl called mocha ware? Is it the pattern???

Oh we do have everything all together in a packet for our car, but for some reason the code for the radio which is supposed to be on a card, is not there. I do know how to reset the clock and radio by following the manual, but this is a case of a certain code for only this vehicle needing to be put in before I can even set the radio and clock. I have to find the card, or take it to a dealership and have them pull the radio to find it. Stupid huh? Since this car is 10 years old, Lord only knows where that one card with a code ended up. We probably put it in a safe place. Now wouldn't you think it would all be together with the VIN.# etc!

We have had thunder showers all afternoon. I certainly can't complain about lack of rain here this summer!

Tishie...when yelloware has that blue design on it itis then mochaware.......for what reason I have no idea! I am not an authority on yelloware, since I have never ownded any. That bowl was about $300 in the years I was do all the shows......I guess I should ha ve bought several, however, I couln't afford that then, and sure can't afford the price now. Ihad dealer friends from Mass. who dealt in nothing but yelloware, and the blue spatter type pottery, can't think of the name right now, but allllll of it is quite pricey!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • Claggy Said:
Getting some of my 4th of July cooking done today. Jello mold and cake balls. Temps are only in the 90's today so I'll heat up the oven! Our son and gf are coming over. A friend and her son as well as my DH friend and new gf. Perhaps two others but unsure. Looking forward to a day of games, eating and maybe fireworks. I just hate the crowds on July 4th and often we just watch the Boston Pops! How sad is that?

Nancy, not sad at all. We have nothing planned for the 4th this year! It seems odd to have it right in the middle of the week! But as of right now, not a thing planned. We used to go to the fireworks, but I have no desire to put up with crowds.

This whole 4th of July thing is just plain weird. We already had the big thing in the park down on the River, on Sat night, I watched some of the fireworks from my patio......which I have been doing for years now....since 2003......I have no desire to walk down there carrying my chair, find a spot, listen to and watch all the drunks.........to only see less than 20 minutes of fireworks......!!!! It used to be so much fun, and there were food carts, Greek, Italian, Seafood, etc......lots of desserts......and it was so fun.......but I think now that there are no more little kids in this family....its just not worth the effort. That, and the fact that the population has changed and the big thing is staying out of the way of the drunks and fools!!!!! No Fun anymore!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Nancy, yes, that is the very reason I don't especially want to take the car anywhere, I don't want to pay some whopping service fee. Someone told us to pull the radio and it should be on the radio. If all else fails, maybe Tim can do that for me!

When I drive, I love my radio on!!!

Well don't ever lose your key or hang it too close to the microwave......getting a new key or your key programmed when it loses its combination is over $100. This is why I only have one car key and it makes me crazy.......I would love for Karen to have a key to my car...but........$139 for another key. Can you believe it???????

Page 2465 of 2467 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics