Page 7 of 2467 
Username Post: The ORIGINAL Rockin Scrappin Grans & Friends Thread        (Topic#1525163)
annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

OH and Char ----

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-14-10 07:16 PM
In response to annscraps

Fishy toes By CharK

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-14-10 07:18 PM
In response to charK

Annie are you trying to be the BOSS of ME???!

I hate PT and I will not go...so there! You can't make me. Anything else infantile I can add? I am now stomping away from the computer with a pouty lip.

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Annie are you trying to be the BOSS of ME???!

I hate PT and I will not go...so there! You can't make me. Anything else infantile I can add? I am now stomping away from the computer with a pouty lip.

BUT sweet Char --- stomping carries a MUCH greater impact if you aren't limping!!!! And ME, trying to boss YOU????? BOSS you?? Heavens no -- I'm only making suggestions -- very strong, meaningful suggestions

OH and you are a show off with your toes -- mine are about as bad as Tishie described her's earlier -- Ron calls them monkey toes --- and no they are NOT hairy -- they are just ugly. SOOOO -- be a show off and show your pretty feet -- now I shall stomp away from MY computer with a pouty look on my face ------- but ------ shhhh --- I can stomp without a limp!!!!!

annscraps
Queen
annscraps
In response to annscraps

And I got another one done --- not sure if I like it --- and maybe that's a sign I should stop for today. BUT --- I just opened one (of about 25) of our old albums --- those lovely magnetic ones --- I feel like I need to sit here and scan and save pictures without even taking a break ---- forever ----

Misty By Ann Marie

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

If anyone is still up over there I just want to say I found my way here after 2 days offline whilst down in Hobart.

However, as I was a couple of pages behind on the old thread I just posted on that in reply to some of your posts, so if you wouldn't mind checking in on the old thread for those that would save me repeating it so thanks for that.

I caught up on the old thread but have to go get dinner and won't be able to start the new one till a little later, probably still before you are up anyway.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to JustLori

Lori that's great that Jai will have the girls and that will be at your place right? that is really great news that she saw the sense in putting the girls first.

Betsey, what a bitter/sweet outcome, what can you do but be happy about the 2 month only stint and hope all goes well, will Matt be near you when he comes home, not sure whether you said where he is posted?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to JustLori

• Lori...ProudArmyMom Said:
Yeehaw! Ok, I just checked the download count on my new kit! I'm up to 205 downloads, which is double what I expected. But the kicker is, I got 10 comments on 4shared! THAT has NEVER happened!

Well done Lori, its a great kit so deserves all the accolades, bet the hits are far from finished yet also.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Good morning all you good people! Coffee is ready! Smells so good too!

Lori, do you have to join 4 Shared to leave comments? I tried to leave you a comment on your blog itself, but I don't think it took! Hooray on all your comments and downloads! That was a great kit by the way...

Betsey I can't imagine what our electric bill would be if we had electric heat in this old house! The oil is bad enough. I hope you warm up today! I hate being cold. When our kids were growing up, they slept upstairs (no heat up there). They love to tell stories of getting up in the am and seeing their breath!!!

Looks like Annie was on a roll last night cranking out the layouts. I am going at my usual snail pace.

Allen was gone last night and I tossed and turned all night. I woke up once to the sound of a bunch of coyotes howling. Now that is a very eerie sound in the middle of the night! Actually at first I thought it wolves.

Coffee is ready so I will grab a cup and veg for awhile.

Oh I am so glad to hear that CC heard from Jojo!!!!

Eeek!! coyotes! are they that close to you, think I'll take our big spiders any day. Main thing is you got through the night alone right? I'm always so glad when the morning arrives when I'm alone.

And talk about working at snail pace, I haven't been motivated to do a layout for so long, so much for setting goals, think I jinxed myself, got 3 started and just look at them...mmm...hopefully I'll get going tonight or tomorrow.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to memex9

How sad is the Haiti disaster, had to turn the news off, those poor people. It brought back memories of our trip to the Caribbean, Grenada specifically, they have been hit by so many cyclones they just can't afford to repair things anymore, we were taking pics of their homes and feeling so sad for them, but you know, they were such happy and humble people, they didn't want anymore than what they had. Guess when the cyclones hit it was major devastation like in Haiti only on a much smaller scale, but they just moved on.

As in all disasters you think that the aid relief would be able to get things organised a little more quickly, but guess you would have to be in a situation like this to see how horrific it all is and how impossible to get things organised with no power or communication, just saw where planes were coming in from around the world with supplies but couldn't land because of the chaos without an air control tower which is now lost. Feel so sad for them all.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Tishd

Betsey, pleased to hear it is warming up a bit, still shocked at the temps there, just hope we don't get a severe winter also, our summer has been amazing so far but only 1 1/2 months to go, don't you just hate the thought of summer ending? you will now also after the winter you've been through.

glad your friendly saleman helped you out with transferring your pics, everything is really coming together with your new computer now isn't it.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Char, I know how you feel about the Physio, it really is a pain having to travel so often for a little relief each time, this time with mine for my neck I have to do it all at home, she shows me the exercises and I just have to be diligent, better than going down to Hobart as often as I would have to if I didn't do as I was told, it would help you you know and maybe they can also give you exercises.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Tish I have bunions also and psoriasis under my nails, the nails always have to be painted so you can't see how awful thy look and the bunions stop you from wearing nice 'fashionable shoes, have to pay a lot more to get 'daggy' ones. Have to remember the bunions came in the first place from wearing all those ill fitting stilletos and high cork soled shoes in the 70's and 80's so self inflicted all in the name of fashion, if only the young would listen to you now, I shudder when I see them in those stilletos much higher than when we wore them.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Well as you all can no doubt see by my thread jacking, I did find you ok, and boy have you all been chatting up a storm, and creating pages at a rate of knots....boy, was it the new thread, or just that I've been away 2 days...think I'd better push the laptop higher up my list of priorities so I don't have to catch up again.

Well...I didn't go get dinner after catching up on the last thread like I said, sooooo now 2 hrs later I am really hanging out for something so I'm off, don't chat too much while I'm sleeping.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to slywalker

Morning, ladies!

Lesley, glad to see you found us!

Chark, I thought about sawing off the shotgun...but do you have any idea how cold a weapon like that can get, stuffed in your pant leg? NO THANKS! lol

Well, Miss Maddie's computer is all set up and ready to go! She'll be so thrilled when she gets here tonight! Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll get my dining room table back, lol! We'll have to come up with another computer desk and chair for Lil Miss. Also, I'm going to scour craigslist to see if I can find a flat panel monitor, so we don't have to deal with the huge boxy one she's got now...that thing is big as my car, lol!

Interested to see what work is going to be like today. Everyone was uber nice to me yesterday after the chit hit the fan. I do know that it'll be Brittany (stand-in) as manager again this morning, and that Paul was closing manager last night. Britt will go out of her way to TRY to make things right. And Paul knows I'm "on the edge", and neither of them wants to see me leave, so we'll see. No matter, though...if I'm set up right today, it'll be back to stupidity next week...it always is. HOWEVER...if something doesn't change soon, I have decided I will go over their heads to the DM before I leave. I WILL tell him why they have such a high turnover rate. Playin' faves doesn't do anything but piss people off, and 2/3 of mgmt still doesn't get it.

Ann, I had to laugh...came in and saw there were EIGHT comments on the lo I uploaded last night. Then, to see that SIX of them were yours...LMAO! You know, you can go in and delete the duplicates. Silly, silly lady!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

Oh, and by the way...it's a "blistering" 37 degrees here! YAY! No scraping the car windows today! LOL

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

And, and, AND...I'm going to try to catch the guy who owns the house across the street this weekend. Wes is still looking for a place, and the house is now vacant....so keep fingers crossed! Having Anna and Lizzy right across the street would be tolerable, at best...but having Wes and Reese there? Well...you know!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

WAKE UP! Are you really going to make me drink all this coffee by myself??? SHEEESH!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

I guess no one wants to talk to me. Oh well.....

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Lori that's great that Jai will have the girls and that will be at your place right? that is really great news that she saw the sense in putting the girls first.

Betsey, what a bitter/sweet outcome, what can you do but be happy about the 2 month only stint and hope all goes well, will Matt be near you when he comes home, not sure whether you said where he is posted?

Answering your questions about where Matt will be and it NOT near us. His home base in the US is Ft. Bliss Texas, which is El Paso........far, far, far, but not nearly as far as Iraq. Karen is concerned that he will come back to the US, get off of a flight in Ft. Bliss with no one there to meet him as his whole unit will still be in Iraq so he will be coming back alone. She is trying to find a way to drive to El Paso to meet him at the airport......and of course again, $$$$$ is an issue......long trip driving.......just across Texas alone is almost 800 miles........and from here it is 8 hour driving just to get out of Florida!!!! Then through Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana before you even get to the Texas border.......Where he is stationed in Texas is as far as you can get from here and still be in Texas..... Anway....I don't care where he is as long as he is in the U.S.!!!!!!! I think he still gets a 30day leave at the end of May, however.......so we will look forward to that!!!!! I also wish someone would be there to meet him, but I am pretty sure that drive would be a bit too long for me at this point......!!!!!

Good moprning all.........I have to go to Dade City today, to clean out my space......I am quitting the booth rental business as I have been paying rent for the last three months, which I can no longer afford!!!!!! So, again, I will have all that stuff back in my garage. I am soooooo over it!!!!! I am going to try and find a decent antique auction and unload all this stuff. That is easier said than done in this part of Florida.

Page 7 of 2467 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics