Username Post: ink pads alternative...if any        (Topic#1525437)
chulisnaquis
Resident
chulisnaquis

hi,

I have many reinkers of different type of inks without the pads... I need to know an alternative for ink-pads.... I know I can buy dry ink pads.. I thought about non stick craft mat( I have the small one)anyone knows of another alternative?

thanks!!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to chulisnaquis

what do you want to do with the ink? If you want to distress with it, you can leave it in the reinker and use it with sponges or dry brushes.

chulisnaquis
Resident
chulisnaquis
In response to Here Kitty

I have archival, staz on, archival brilliance... not a specific technique ...just was wondering what to use instead of the pad.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

you could just put a few drops on a non-porous surface and then use a paint brush or aqua pen to apply the ink to your image

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Another way I add ink to a page is using Sponge Daubers.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Sponge Daubers, CLEARANCE (Discontinued)

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Rosita

You can use any of the below products. The ink blending tool, you could just put drops of ink on it and then use it. The felt & foam were on Tim's 12 tags of Christmas blog where he made an actual stamp pad with it. You can save them in a sealed container and use over and over.

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to StarsNSparkles

I use non-alcohol baby wipes as a pad alternative for multi-color techniques. You wouldn't want to do it if you were stamping many cards with it, because the ink absorbs into the baby wipe, but it works in a pinch!

chulisnaquis
Resident
chulisnaquis
In response to GreenDragonLady

Thanks!!! for all the ideas

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

You could recycle those metal CD cases(like AOL sends out) and put a (new, clean)sponge into the case and drops of ink onto the sponge to be able to use as an inker for stamps. The brand I have done this with is O-cello sponge cloth. It is thin, like a compressed sponge and when you dampen it it plumps up. You can cut it with a regular scissor to fit into the container. A plastic travel soap dish works well for the sponge too if you don;t have the CD case, helps keep it damp.

chulisnaquis
Resident
chulisnaquis
In response to catzscrapper

Janet... thanks for your idea... I like it!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics