Username Post: Glittering stamped images        (Topic#1525439)
fiddlestix
Veteran
fiddlestix

I want to stamp my image then glitter the whole thing. It looks great if I use my VersaMark pad, but the glitter comes right off on light touch.

I bought a glue pad today, stamped the image, heated it and then glittered it. Glitter falls right off to light touch again or if it rubs against anything.

I'm so frustrated. Any ideas?
Thanks!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to fiddlestix

I'm confused why you are heating the glue before glittering it??? do the directions on the glue pad tell you to do this???

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 01-16-10 08:49 PM
In response to CommaHolly

Hmm, I'm not sure why the glitter isn't sticking (it should). I'm not sure why you're heating the glue, either. You might try using Glossy Accents to outline your stamped image, then put the glitter on.

Other than that, Stickles are your friend.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ami G

I'm thinking that heating the glue might be making it less sticky,,,,,try NOT heating the glue before glittering it,,,,,you can then SEAL the image with glossy accents or some other type of decpoupage sealer.

fiddlestix
Veteran
fiddlestix

I heatead it because that's what the directions said. It said it would make it more sticky. I'll try not heating it first.

I like stickles, but I want the entire image evenly glittered.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 01-16-10 09:39 PM

If the directions said to heat it, then I would think that maybe you didn't heat it enough.

Also, Glossy Accents has a very fine tip that you could use to outline the stamped image. GA acts as an awesome adhesive as well as a sealant. It's great for glitter and microbeads, among other things.

Good luck! Sorry you're having such a hard time with it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

hum,,,,,,,,the only glue pad I ever used didn't say to heat, but admittedly I've only used the one,,,,very interesting. I'd think the directions would be correct. What did you heat it with??

CourtneyLee
Resident
CourtneyLee

You could also try a spray sealant to hold the glitter. That usually works for me.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to CourtneyLee

Or maybe use a sparkly embossing powder?!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to catzscrapper

I was thinking of a glittery embossing powder too. I have a few of those. They come in all kinds of colors.

There is a product that Stampin' Up makes which will work...I don't remember what it is though, let me pull a catalog out and see if I can find out.

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
There is a product that Stampin' Up makes which will work...I don't remember what it is though, let me pull a catalog out and see if I can find out.

Were you thinking of Dazzling Diamonds? I know that needs glue, but pretty sure they hold to the glue well. Love that sparkle!

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to KCScrapDiva

Heat & Stick powder...it totally rocks! You stamp your image in versamark or pigment ink. Sprinkle the heat & stick powder, tap off the excess and heat just until shiny (don't overheat or it will lose some of the stickiness). Sprinkle your glitter, tap off the excess and reheat just briefly.

Looks awesome and holds like iron!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to GreenDragonLady

The VersaMark glue pad I have doesn't say anything about heating. I haven't used it in ages though so can't remember how effective it was.
I wanted the same effect on some cards and had used glittery embossing powder. It was very pretty.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to CourtneyLee

• CourtneyLee Said:
You could also try a spray sealant to hold the glitter. That usually works for me.

Yep...sealing the glitter is your best option. I bought a clear acrylic spray from WM for a couple of dollars and just spray over the glitter to hold it in place. You can also you glossy accents or crackle accents to seal for different looks.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to StarsNSparkles

ZING!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics