Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Are you nice?        (Topic#1525449)
JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

I am feeling EXTREMELY nice today. So I thought I would share some nice with someone else who is nice too.

What have you done lately that would be considered nice? How did you go out of your way to help someone, what did you do that made someone smile, feel better, etc?

Share your story. At the end of the day, I will pick a random poster to RAK a nice package of ZVA Creative crystals/pearls to. No, I'm not on a design/creative team or a product pusher in any way...I won a prize from them and there is just way too much for me to use! There's approximately $30 worth of product in this package if I did my math right...

So...let's hear what ya got...how were you nice??

Products Referenced in This Post:

texasrnc
Diva
texasrnc
In response to JHAWKEYE

Wow, you are right, this is extremely nice of you! The latest nice things I have done are a giveaway on my blog and made a Red Cross donation due to the Haiti devastation. But really, I do not expect anything in return...

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal
In response to texasrnc

Wow! You are feeling very nice for giving away all those yummy goodies. I've been wishing for some of those things myself!

I think the nice thing I've done lately was help a friend at school. She's our music director and I don't think she always gets the help she needs, especially with the school musical. I volunteered to help her out. I helped choose the musical and do auditions. Now, it's rehearsal time and I'm at school until 8:30pm twice a week. It means I don't get to see my baby those two days which kills me, but I know how much help the director needs.

Everyone asks me why I do this when I don't have a child in the musical (let alone attending my school yet) and I don't teach middle school. I can only say that I love music and want to see my friend succeed. Knowing I've helped her and taken stress from her is my reward.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to LilacGal

Well that is a really nice thing of you to do. This weekend both my sister and her husband were laid off from their jobs. I went through my freezer and asked her to take some food that "we didn't like and would throw out" "(it was fine but I knew she wouldn't take it otherwise)

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to texasrnc

Wow, that is really nice of you.

As for myself being nice currently, I babysit a little girl everyday after school because her mom was having to pay $400 a month in daycare cost and it was to overbearig on the family. So I have taken this girl in every day after school like one of my own. I help with her homework just like I do my own kids, and have it checked and corrected for her mother, so that she can spend time with her mom when she goes home. I do all this knowing what I am saving the family and could charge 1/2 or something to that effect of what I know they are now saving in daycare money, but I do not, just so I can help a family not to feel the everyday economincal crunch.

I also am a Booster Club volunteer at y kids school.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to jennaroo

What a sweetie u are!

I want to put in a niceness for someone else...if that is allowed.

Abbey (inkedpink) has twice now, that I know of just given away huge amounts of brand name scrapbooking products! The first time, she put a thread in the g.s. forum and everyone was allowed to PM her the items they wanted. Then, just about a week ago, she made a list in a thread and everyone was again allowed to PM her. I got some of the 2nd list of goodies she made, and I was expecting a few items out of the lines she had listed...but I got a stack about 2" high...that is a lot of sb goodies!!! I tried to get Abbey to let me give her something for the items or at least let me pay for the shipping, but she wouldn't even consider it!! She even sent it express mail...and you know what postage costs now a days!!! I just want to put her name into the drawing or choice or whatever.

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to StarsNSparkles

You are too sweet!!

I walk my friend's daughter to school & watch her in the afternoon when she needs me to. She's a nurse and works two days during most weeks. I also just picked up three jugs of Pedialyte for them - their 3yo son woke at 3am yesterday morning throwing up. She was working, her hubby saw I was out, and he called me asking if I would mind. Poor kiddo also had it coming out the other end at that point in time, so dad really didn't want to take him anywhere. Little guy looked so pathetic when I went to bring it over to them! (They live right behind us.)

Stephanie, that is so awesome of you to nominate Abbey. I didn't know she did all of that - she's too sweet!

Madimom_04
Resident
Madimom_04
In response to KCScrapDiva

This is a great way to Pay if Forward!

My mother in law doesn't drive, so to give my father in law a MUCH NEEDED break, I take her shopping and such. Yesterday, she and I spent the day scrapping, and I took her to archivers and out to dinner.

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to KCScrapDiva

You are so sweet!

Friday night (about 11 PM) after having dinner with some friends, dh, one of our friends and I were approached by a woman in need with only $4 in her pocket. She had just gotten off work and her car would not start. She had lost a very worn belt and earlier the lights in her car were flickering. We were unable to help with the car, but all gave her $45 between the 3 of us for a cab. We had offered her a ride which she turned down, even though we did have a car seat for her daughter, since we were going in complete opposite directions. By the time we pulled around to the front of the restaurant there was a cab waiting. Hopefully she was able to get home okay.

Charlena
Idol
Charlena
In response to TexasMomOf4

I guess I would have to say this.
My cousin who lives in Ill. Is having a really hard time. He is actually step family but I do not care family is family. Is side of the family has been so mean to him. Long story short his 2 sisters took him for a house and $22,000 loan. Everyone just keeps taking taking taking. His girlfriend left him 3 days before christmas. So he calls me crying.
So with 3 teenagers in the house already what do I do but offer him to come live with me and get back on his feet here in Maryland. So That was Christmas and he will be arriving here tuesday morning. Woohoo for me. I love him and want to do everything I can to give him a safe enviroment to start a new life. So son had big room and rearraged it. We went last week and bought him a dresser and new bed so he will feel at home here. well thats my being nice story. I must say I am a great caring loving cousin to do this.

creativesoul_in_WI
Governor
creativesoul_in_WI
In response to Charlena

How generous of you!

I've been a cancer caregiver for 2.5 yrs now for my significant other. Right now he's in a rehab facility for his knee. I try to make sure he has everything he needs, yummy food to eat, his laptop so he can keep in touch, clothes, etc.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

That is really Nice of you!
This question caught me eye in recent topics so I had to come read it...
To answer the question I do feel I am nice, I think others are nice and I don't think it would be very Nice for me to try and take the prize from them..
That being said I love reading about the Nice ladies we have on here and it really makes me smile, so this thread is nice I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to ShaylaCreations

How nice of you!!! I am nice I would say, sometimes too nice. Recently I had a ex come to me although we were not on speaking terms and I gave him a nice warm sober place to stay & 3 meals a day while he found a new place to live as he could no longer live where he was living do to his falling off the wagon over christmas. He was a mess and just needed to know someone in this world cared about him, as no one in this world seemed to at the time because he made a mistake. I am a single mom on disability I could not really afford to do this but it was a mistake I have made mistakes havent we all???? Why did the world have to give up on him for a mistake???? I am sure we are not the only two people in the world that have made mistakes SAD!!!

Edited by Brandilynn on 01-17-10 09:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps
In response to JHAWKEYE

This Christmas my daughter and I decided to not have a big huge Christmas. Majority of our Christmas fund went to help a family (and dear friends of mine) who had lost everything do to a fire. We bought them, food, clothes and toys. We also bought them some air mattresses, card table to use as a dining table, cookware, silverware, dishes and toiletries. Oh and artificial Christmas tree with decorations.

Guru
In response to Kozy Scraps

My good deed is ongoing because I care for my daughter's younges who's 4 while her mother and oler sister attend school. I also pay the rent/ utilities where we live so my daughter can attend college without having to work even part-time. I've been with her since her ex walked out a few years ago. It's part of my job as a mother.

Memaoftwo
Idol
Memaoftwo

Awesome post(: I was just laughing to myself on the way home from the craftstore the other day "I am the Craft Whisperer" LOL Everytime I got to the craft store I find myself helping crafters in need. A lady had a confused I can't find it look so I asked what she was looking for and showed her where the adhesive was. Then a couple of ladies were going through the open stock of paper concerned about cost so I introduced them to the fabulous world of paper stacks and gave them a coupon. (I always print extras, no one should pay full price) Anyway I do this all the time and I don't work at the craftstore, LOL

Chrelaine
Expert
Chrelaine

You are all nice and very generous.

I consider myself a nice person and try to practice acts of kindness everyday. Nothing as extravagant as some of you due to our own money restraints..but I do my best: saying thank you to anyone who assists me, being patient with sales people, getting things off of high shelves for people in stores (I'm very tall), helping an older person work the registry computer at Target or Babies R Us, participating in Toys for Tots, holding the door for people behind me, offering my help to people I work with without waiting for them to ask...etc

I hope that in my own way I have a small positive effect on the lives I touch.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to Chrelaine

Thanks Kate! So nice of you! I host a free crop at my church once a month and this month I had confirmations from three people (yes we are small and just starting) so I made them small valentine baskets with flowers on them (made the flowers too) and personalized with their names. Nobody showed! So disappointing but I realize things happen, so I brought the valentine baskets to church this morning and told them individually (not so everyone would know I was the only one there) that I'd missed them Friday night and hoped they would come next month. Then I gave the die cuts I had cut for those who requested them (made into stickers of course).

I too do the random acts of kindness.... holding the door, helping the elderly/infirm, etc. Not for me but because through me, hopefully, people can see my Lord and Savior.

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer
In response to sweet1

I agree ~ You are a giver and that is nice! Not only for the receiver but also for you.

I print Hobby Lobby - Michaels and Archivers coupons when they are printable and have several of each in my purse.

When I am shopping I seek out people and ask them if they have a coupon.

Usually they don't have one and are first shocked and then extremely appreciative.

The feeling I get walking away is worth more than the coupon ever could be ~

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Im a Believer

Heartwarming stories ladies...I think each of you is very nice!!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics