Username Post: Cuttlebug or Wizard or Epic Six        (Topic#1525517)
craftchica
Tenant
craftchica

I'm planning to buy a manual die cut machine. But I can't make up my mind between Cuttlebug, Wizard and the Epic six. I need a machine that can cut dies from different brands. I'm keen on the embossing part as well. I love nestabilities dies! I don't have a LSS here where I live (Denmark) So I can't get a demo for any of these. Does anyone have one or more of these machines? what are your experiences? If's there is anyother machine that's better, please let me know. Thanks for your help!

Edited by craftchica on 01-18-10 07:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to craftchica

sizzix big shot/big kick. It will cut EVERY die out there. I LOVE mine! The cuttlebug has been said to not cut all the sizzix dies. I don't know since I don't have one.

I cut: cuttlekids, cuttlebug, sizzix (all the various types), spellbinders, and even ellison machine (school style) in mine. It will cut fabric, thin metal, thin wood, plastic, etc... too. It also accepts cuttlebug embossing folders, sizzix texture plates, and fiskars texture plates. IMO it's the best manual cutter you'll find.

If you want to spend a bit more at the get go but save LOTS of money down the line I'd go with a wishblade/silhouette/gaze lle type computer machine since you don't have to buy dies or cartridges, they cut files directly from your computer!

sew_crafty_girl
Expert
sew_crafty_girl

I second the Big Shot reccomendation. I've cut Quickutz, Spellbinders and Sizzix dies on mine.

I embossed some spellbinders yesterday on my Big Shot and found I needed to use the rubber embossing mat I had bought to do spellbinders on my Revolution and I also used the acrylic embossing plate from my Rev. I need to look into getting the embossing plate for the Big Shot since the Rev one is small.

Maybe someone knows of a different trick though.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to sew_crafty_girl

I use rubber from home depot- it's in the faucet repair section- it's in a clear package with a green label at the top and it's red. I think it comes with 2 sheets- it's gasket repair material.

It works for the fiskars plates and the spellbinders dies.

sew_crafty_girl
Expert
sew_crafty_girl
In response to Seaexplore

Thanks Tiffany!

craftchica
Tenant
craftchica
In response to sew_crafty_girl

Thanks Guys! So does the Sizzix Big shot cut and emboss the same shape like the wizard machine?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

NP Christine!

Craftchica- if you have the dies it will. I have the spellbinders butterfly dies and it cuts and then I have to add my rubber mat and it will emboss using the same die w/o popping it out. Is that what you were asking.

craftchica
Tenant
craftchica
In response to Seaexplore

Thanks Tiffany!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

I like the wizard, as it is metal. I love flattening bottlecaps in the wizard as well. I have a big shot, but don;t use it as often as I should. I still grab the wizard way more often.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to moonpuff

I'm a wizard fan for the embossing--not only the nestabilities, but all the others too--well, in fact, I'm a wizard fan for the cutting and crushing too.

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-15-10 03:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MOmommyscrapper
Veteran
MOmommyscrapper
In response to scrapperbee

I have a purple Wizard. How do I get it to emboss using the Cuttlebug embossing folders? TIA

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics