Username Post: Really bummed        (Topic#1525637)
mollydog
Veteran
mollydog

I bought a cutter bee circle cutter and tried to use it a couple times. It is useless. Has anyone else had the problem of not getting a whole circle cut?? I wanted something that I could cut larger than the 5.5 inches that my baby bug cuts. Now I need to get rid of it and find something new. I think I will wait for that e-craft coming out at the end of the month.Any one else thinking about an e-craft? Thanks for listening!!!!

happyscrapper23
Tenant
happyscrapper23
In response to mollydog

Hi,

I have the fiskars circle cutter & had an issue at first but the issue was me... i was pressing way to hard. good luck!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to happyscrapper23

What sort of problem are u having? I found that if I tape the paper to the glass it holds its steady.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 01-19-10 10:02 AM
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I have it and I think there is a bit of a learning curve with it. It takes practice to be able to hold down the paper, the track and move the cutter along without anything shifting.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to CASBa

The eCraft has intrigued me considerably.

I have the Creative Memories cutting system and like it a lot. They have large circle templates and you might be able to find a cutting system on Ebay for a good price if you don't want to go through a rep.

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to Legomom

I have the Fiskars cutting tool and I can't stand it! Not sure if I just don't "get it" or what, but despite repeated practice, it doesn't cut well. Been very disappointed in it.

Not that that helps you, but it's always nice to see someone else as frustrated as me! ((hugs))

-Robbie-
Mayor
-Robbie-
In response to KCScrapDiva

I love mine!! It does take some practice to get used to it and it requires a bit more pressure than I expected. I just practiced a few times on some ugly cardstock that I had on hand. Another super cool thing about it is that you can pull the plastic blade holder out, put it back in on the opposite side, and use the circle to cut bigger circles. So versitile! Love that I can cut a circle the size of my pages!

The other thing I found is that you really do need a glass mat. I just went to Home Depot and purchased a pre-cut piece of glass, covered the edges with masking tape and it works like a charm.

Hope that you get it figured out!

pipitastro
Resident
pipitastro
In response to mollydog

Did you use glass mat? That was my problem before of not using glass mat. Recently I bought one and tried it, it was perfect.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to pipitastro

Totally agree ... You need a glass mat, and use removeable adhesive or regular old scotch tape to tape your paper down. The Cutter Bee works great if you do those things. Only problems I've ever had were when i didn't tack the paper down very well.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics