Username Post: What do you use to Doodle with using templates?        (Topic#1526615)
New Kid On the Block

I'm new to Scrapping, Can you please tell me what do you use to Doodle with using Crafters Workshop Stencils? I was lost at Hobby Lobby trying to figure out which pens to use and also Can you use Paper Chalk?

New Kid On the Block
In response to sweetness66

Thanks for your help!!

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to sweetness66

I don't think you have to worry about getting any special type of pen or ink to use with these templates. I have used mine with distress ink

Venice (1) By Kariyava

with versamagic ink

Christmas Morning By Kariyava

and (with less success) with adirondack paint dabbers

A Partidge in a Pear Tree By Kariyava

I thought I also used it with various different types of pens but I can't seem to find an example for you. Bottom line -- the templates are versitle and you can use them with tons of different mediums.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to kariyava

I use sharpies

The Crafters Workshop
Tenant
The Crafters Workshop
In response to SuperAllyFan

Great layouts Kariyava!
You can use gel pens or fine tip markers. For the markers, I like the ones with the hard tips (like zig millenium, Alvin Penstix, or the fine tip of the Zig Writer pens). For gel pens, many of them work well, the Signo pens and the Marvy Reminisce pens are really nice.
You can also use chalks and inkpads with a stipple brush or sponge brush. If you use "paints" make sure you use a "dry brush". In other words, don't let the brush get "gloppy". Get some color on the tip, dab a bit off and then pounce up and down through the stencil onto your work.
I hope this helps!!
-Jaime - www.thecraftersworkshop.com

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics