Username Post: Punch Organization        (Topic#1526673)
Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps

I have the hanging punch holder and four plastic bins to work with at the moment. I would like to hear how other have theirs organized to get some ideas

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Kozy Scraps

I have mine hanging on the wall with towel racks from walmart. The closer to the wall towel racks work best. There is a pic in the front of my scraproom gallery of it.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Kozy Scraps

Last spring I came up with this...

28-Day Challenge - Paper Punches - After By KellyCali

However, when I moved, I outgrew this system. I've since moved my larger punches closer to my side.

- I keep my Crop-A-Dile, my hole punch, corner punch, heart, circle, square & border punches all in my daily tool box.

- As for the larger punches, they are on nearby shelf.

- Lastly, for the smaller punches (which I use the least), I now store them in one of my hardware organizers, with each drawer labeled.

Hope That Helps!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KellyCali

I have the clear pocket (over-the-door) organizers too. Mine are smaller (not the shoe organizers). I got them in the bath section of the Dollar Tree.

I don't have that many punches. The organizer is now hanging in the closet.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-29-10 03:18 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

I only have a few so I use one of the "Really Useful Boxes" from Office Depot (love these things!!). It's a flat one - like 9"x12" or something, by about 3" deep, so the punches all sit in one layer and are easy to identify. When I outgrow it I'll get another box exactly the same, but it'll probably be a while because now I have my die-cut machine I don't really need many punches.

But even if I had a whole bunch of punches (sounds like the name of a band or something, lol) I would use the same system, just a whole bunch of these boxes, because my crafting space is the living room and an over-the-door hanger would simply not work. All my stuff is organized in a cabinet with doors so I can close my mess inside. The Office Depot boxes stack really well, so I'd organize the punches by shape (circlese, butterflies, whatever) and label the boxes to find what I need.

scrapinmomof4
Veteran
scrapinmomof4
In response to stick

I have mine in several of the sterlite 13x13 drawers that come with 3 drawers per unit. Works great for me and easy to see what I need when I need it

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to scrapinmomof4

Mine are all in a chest.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to dotfree

I have 2 hanging shoe racks of them and 4 large baskets of them. I think punches are my addiction.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to 950nancy

I had a couple of spice rack type shelves that I used to keep my acrylic paint bottles on before we moved. Since being here I have put my paints onto a different shelf system, so use the small shelves in my 'craft closet' to hold punches. I have a card table in the closet to work on (when the table is more empty) and then the shelves hang on 2 of the 3 walls in front and to my left as I stamd at the table. I have easy visual on what punch I need and can easily reach if nobody has piled stuff in front of the shelves. I did get the shelves for just a few $ at garage sales, painted them the color I wanted and I like them alot. Inexpensive and easy!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to catzscrapper

Mine are in shallow drawers of a tall rolling cart. It's right next to my scrap table.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics