Username Post: Jetmax modular storage from Michaels        (Topic#1526729)
Resident

Has anyone purchased one of the Jetmax Modular Storage systems from Michaels? I finally have the go ahead from my hubby to get a shelving unit, and I want some reviews. I just wish they had a sale on right now-it'd be so much cheaper, but I really need to get my stuff organized-I'm running out of space.
Any comments from the scrapbook.com gallery?
creativeLaura

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to creativeLaura

All that stuff was just 50% off last week, i think! I bought 1 of the newer Jetmex desk organizers and then the MM carosel thingy- they were both 50% off. I have about 20 of the regular cubes- none of the parts to make the actual desk tho. I really like these cubes and would wait for the sale again- you'll get so much more for your money!

Scrappy_Angel
Resident
Scrappy_Angel

I've purchased a few but haven't set them up yet. My friend just showed me hers though and it looks pretty good. She said the only problems were with the drawer sets. If you place heavy stuff like the paper storage cubes on top of them then the drawers won't close properly.

eianevansmom
Veteran
eianevansmom
In response to Scrappy_Angel

I have had mine for a couple of years now, since then Jetmax has added new drawer combinations which is really neat because you can really customize to your needs. They are not difficult to put together, just a little tedious if you buy and try to put together several at once. You can always add on and expand, or even rearrange them as you please.

But I agree, I would wait for another sale to buy a couple of them. HTH

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to eianevansmom

I adore my Jetmax. If I had room I would buy some more.

sales and coupons are definately the way to buy them. As far as building them...it helps if you have an electric cordless screwdriver.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to moxiegirl23

I love my Jetmax! I don't have tonnes of them, but I have about 8 alltogether. I'm always impressed at how easily they go together- the holes are always exactly where they need to be so assembly really is a no-brainer. I like that you can change them around as your needs change or if you just want a change. The drawers take longer to put together, but are still just as easy, and the shelving ones can go together within 10 minutes. They look fabulous as well. I can't say enough good things about them!

SweetMelissa
Expert
SweetMelissa
In response to mercytiara

My best friend has them and has finally talked me into switching my system (umm just shove it all in the closet and as long as it closes and nothing falls and makes a LOUD sound then just walk away....) to the cubes. I'm waiting for the next sale too.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-30-10 06:31 AM
In response to SweetMelissa

I had a pretty good system going, but then I moved and didn't have room for them, so I sold them to one of the girls here.....I miss them so much!
I agree, to either use a coupon and buy them one at a time, or wait for a sale..they go on sale often. YOu will save a ton of money, so you will be able to afford nearly twice as many.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to rtay

I am setting up a scraproom and gradually am getting these. I got the revolving cube that also has a ribbon holder for Christmas and for my birthday this month my sister got me the four drawer cube. I LOVE them so far and hubby puts them together for me and he says they are easy.

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to cdjohnson

LOVE them. I only have four, but will end up getting more eventually.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to KCScrapDiva

I was wondering if anyone has a pic of theirs in use in their scraproom? I've been reading about you all *loving* them and would like to see them too. Thanks for letting me know if you do.

Okay, never mind, I found them in the gallery...and love them! Actually I have some shelves like them (or may be them?) that are just a little more shallow and I use them for a LOT of stuff in my space too. If those are are Michael's I know I stop everytime I'm there and eye them, just need to figure out exactly what I want before buying any more. Enjoy your day!

Edited by ScrappinMom4 on 01-30-10 08:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Somewhere in Time
Mayor
Somewhere in Time

I can't say enough about these cubes!! They are so easy to put together. I've done so many now that I can probably put them together with my eyes closed.....LOL. My husband built me a desk with these cubes...you can see a pic in my gallery. I love it! I agree with everyone.....wait till they go on sale. That way you can buy more!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Somewhere in Time

I have 14 jet max cubes in my scraproom and I love them, They allow me to have everything in order and neatly put away. I Bought all of mine on sale and was able to buy double because of the 50% off sales and 40% off coupons,,you should definatly wait for the sale, DOnt Pay 29.99 or more when you can get them up to half off. That's my opinion.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to armygirl

As I'm not familiar with Michael's coupons, can you use their coupon on an item that is already 50% off?

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to flintridgescrapper

• flintridgescrapper Said:
As I'm not familiar with Michael's coupons, can you use their coupon on an item that is already 50% off?

sadly no.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to miniscraper

I have 12 of these and love them, I got mine from Target and Michaels. I made a desk with mine, but bought a different top, matching my kitchen counters...because the desk is in my kitchen and I wanted it to look like it goes together. The desk has 4 cubes and the rest are in my closet under my stairs, love them! I have had them for 2 years and have never been more organized. They use to sell a wall shelfing system and I have that one too.
If you go to my gallery and look under scraproom, I have some photos in there showing it.

ctlyf
ctlyf 
Veteran
ctlyf
  • ctlyf on 02-06-10 11:40 AM

Ok, you've seen them in my room, and I still love them. I'll probably get a couple more when they go on sale again. I want at least one more with the shelves so I can store my completed albums, and one with both the horizontal and vertical shelves.

Also, I talked to Allison about the desk kit... what she did was got an old door (completely flat), painted it and uses it with the cubes. She said it's way more space than the shelves with the kit. But kind of a moot point... you have a fabulous desk already!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics