Username Post: Embossing Machines        (Topic#1527171)
Nathan*s_Mommy
Veteran
Nathan*s_Mommy

Hello! I was wondering, what is the best machine for embossing? I have a cricut so I really don't want anything that cuts, I'm just looking for a good embosser for a good price. The brand escapes me right now but has any one tried the boutique that is shapped like a purse? TIA!! :-D

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Nathan*s_Mommy

cuttlebug is my fave

snap2scrap
Resident
snap2scrap
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I love my cuttlebug
Products Referenced in This Post:

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to snap2scrap

I too have a cricut and wanted to emboss ......my dh got me the sizzix texture boutique(the one you mentioned) ........I LOVE it! .......works wonderful with cuttlebug embossing folders! .......I highly recomend it!

Sizzix - Texture Boutique Embossing Machine Only, BRAND NEW

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Nathan*s_Mommy

• Nathan*s_Mommy Said:
Hello! I was wondering, what is the best machine for embossing? I have a cricut so I really don't want anything that cuts, I'm just looking for a good embosser for a good price. The brand escapes me right now but has any one tried the boutique that is shapped like a purse? TIA!! :-D

Yep, they sell it here in the superstore I hear that it's perfect for those who just want something to emboss. I have a Cuttlebug and love it, but if I just wanted to buy a machine that embossed I suppose I would go with this.
I'm too addicted to spellbinders dies to give up my bug though

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to Here Kitty

great question! I was wondering the same thing, and now I REALLY want the sizzix texture boutique. Kicking myself for not getting it when they had it a Michaels, now I can't find it there! And, I had a 50% off coupon! DOH!

Dictionary
Expert
Dictionary
In response to JediScrapToo

Another vote for Cuttlebug. It's so cool the way it creates a suction on my desktop when I unfold it. Kind of locks it in place so you don't have to worry about it slipping or anything.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to Dictionary

yup I am going with the sizzix texture boutique as soon as my fav online store gets them in stock on friday I also have a cricut and scal dont have a need to cut so at half the price of a cuttlebug and so much cutier this is what I am going for. I have seen video reviews and it seems to work well. Cant wait!!!!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Here Kitty

My all-in-one machine is the BigKick and I love it! It's strong/sturdy enough to cut fabric and chipboard as well as paper. I can use the Spellbinders dies, and all sorts of embossing plates, too. However, if all you need is embossing and you don't mind not being able to use the bigger Texturz embossing plates (the folders fit, but the plates don't), the Boutique looks like the best bet, pricewise.

Lisa

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to Brandilynn

I've been trying to get the texture boutique for more than a week now. I just don't want to pay shipping and none of the Ms in my area have it. I was told they brought it in as a Christmas gift idea and wouldn't be carrying it regularly. Shoot! Js looked at me like I was nuts when I asked for it.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to sweet1

I love my BigKick! I think the best part about it is the multipurpose platform. I love that I don't need to figure out what type of "sandwich" I need for a specific type of die, because all the instructions are already on it. And it works with any die out there on the market. I did get the Texture Boutique on black Friday, and I adore it. I have the Pazzles Inspiration, so I own mostly embossing folders, and this is just perfect - not too heavy, and absolutely adorable sitting on my desk. It takes all the standard size embossing folders, but probably won't fit the newer 5x7 ones. So if there's a possibility that you may use that size in the future, you should look into the BigKick/BigShot or the Epic 6 if space is an issue.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to traceyjean

I would go with the big kick because you can also use the fiskars embossing plates in it. I don't know if they fit in the texture boutique.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Seaexplore

btt

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics