Username Post: Original Sizzix Question        (Topic#1527297)
New Kid On the Block

Sorry if this has been asked before. This is my very first post here. I have the original red Sizzix and only have some of the original dies. I would love to get the dots/flower Sizzix embossing folder, but read on the Sizzix website that those will only work with the Big Kick or Big Shot. I do not own the converter, but if I bought one, would the embossing folders work? I also tried to find some 'sandwich' recipes for using the embossing folders with the original Sizzix but couldn't find any. TIA for any and all responses!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to drleomarvin

My understanding is that the embossing folders that are made for the Big Kick/Big Shot are too wide for the original Sizzix.

I'd suggest looking at the Cuttlebug embossing folders instead. All you need to make them work in your sizzix is the original cutting pad (the kind that came with the machine) and the system coverter. HTH!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

BTW, cuttlebug has a folder very similar to the Sizzix dots one. It is called swiss dots, I believe, and is not shown here in the superstore. However, you can often find it at AC Moore, Michael's or Joann's. There are really quite a few selections; I am sure you can see them all if you go to Provocraft's Website.

New Kid On the Block
In response to siameseplease

Oh my gosh, thank you! I actually didn't want the flowers folder so the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder is perfect! I'm going to Michael's after work.

Thanks again!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to drleomarvin

my J's is clearing out a bunch of the older cuttlebug folders.... We're talking for $2.50 each! Can't remember if the swiss dots were in that tho.

Wonder what they're going to add in there! New scrappy goodness?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics