Username Post: Xyron advice        (Topic#1527485)
Resident

I got my Michaels shelving units for my scrapbook room and want to make labels for all of my drawers, etc. I am wondering which Xyron machine you'd all recommend to get so that I can make stickers/laminate the labels? Also can I get the Xyron machine at Michaels?
creativeLaura

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to creativeLaura

I have both the 9" that I use at home and the 5" that I take to crops.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to dotfree

i would just use my label maker by brother to label my drawers and such. much much cheaper than a xyron. i although i have the x the three inch and the 5 inch that i use quite often. none of mine laminate though. i have to use my laminating machine for that.

Resident
In response to abbynormaloh75

What laminating machine do you have? I would love to have one-but want an inexpensive solution.
creativeLaura

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson

I ditto the label maker. I have a Brother P-Touch and it's very easy to use.

nancyhyland
Idol
nancyhyland

you may want to consider the new creatopia... as with the 9 and 5 in machines, the creatopia uses interchangeable cartridges of repositionable and permanent adhesive, magnet and lamination, one sided lamination (one side laminated, the other sticky), and two sided lamination. I have the 1, 2.5, 5, and 9 in my recommendation is skip the 2.5 barely use that one, but use the lamination with the 9 in and have never had any problems or bubbles. The cartridges for the 9 in run about $35 and with coupons you can do a bit better than thant...

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to nancyhyland

I have the 1, 5 and 9 inch Xyron. My preference is the 9. I take the 5 to crops and use the 1 if I have cut out something using the Cricut.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to dotfree

for labeling stuff (my scrappy space is ALWAYS changing) I like to use label holders made for binders and then make inserts that I can change out when I redo stuff. MUCH less mess than trying to peel stickers off!

Resident
In response to nancyhyland

Where can I get a Creatopia? Michaels? About how much do they cost?
I am very interested.....Thanks
creativeLaura

nancyhyland
Idol
nancyhyland

They carry it here at scrapbook.com see below for all the cool stuff this thing can do. I believe there is also a demo video available to watch to see what all it does...
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics