Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: WHICH EMBOSSING MACHINE DO YOU LIKE BEST        (Topic#1527677)
New Kid On the Block

I have a Cricut Expressions but am interested in an embosser. Which one do you like best and why? Also, is it worth getting an embosser that also cuts dies or should I just stick with something more simple since I already have a cricut?

Thanks
Shelley

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to coggie4556

I got this....since I have (mumble) die cut machines. Love it. It does Cuttlebug folders, too.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I just got the big shot for embossing and for the new TH dies...
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to StaceyE

Welcome.
There's a couple other very recent threads with the same question you should read.

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to Bxr-Linda

It's nice to have something that will use dies and not just embossing folders, just in case you want to cut something down the road that the cricut can't do.

I have the Big Shot and love it!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to GreenDragonLady

Another vote for the Big Shot. And I own a Wishblade and an Expression as well.

The Big Shot does great embossing, it also allows me to die cut materials other than paper and thin chipboard. I have had a great time cutting felt, fabric, thicker chipboard, velvet, denim, etc.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to GreenDragonLady

here ya go:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15271...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15271...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15198...

Edited by seaexplore on 02-08-10 02:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to coggie4556

CIM ME1000, ME2000 are good.
http://www.daviesenterprises.com/products.asp?Category=...

ShelleyD66
Veteran
ShelleyD66
In response to isaac71

I've just got a bigshot and LOVE it!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to ShelleyD66

I love my Sizzix Texture Boutique!!!! I have the Expression and Slice machines, so don't really feel I need another cutter.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to debby_westbrook

another vote for the sizzix big shot or big kick (same machine, different colors),,,,

the texture boutique is a great little machine, but it ONLY embosses,,,and once you discover the love of embossing,,,along comes the love of TH dies,,,,

and (whisper) nestabilities,,,,,,it's a sicfkness, I tell you,a sickness!

you need a diecut machine to use those, not just the texture bo9utique. so it really just depends on exactly what you what it to do.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to CommaHolly

I have a big shot pro. It will emboss and cut. It is the same as the big shot but bigger (it can do 12X12 size). I love that I can cut any die and embossing folders. I can't wait until they come out with 12X12 embossing folders!!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to binkiemonstermom

I couldn't craft without my Cuttlebug! It gets my vote for an embossing machine.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I the Cuttlebug too ...

inexpensive (with a coupon), not too big, easy to use, and very versatile

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to madmatter

The big shot is on sale for $59.99 at Joann's (online) w/ $10 shipping. I'm not sure if it's also on sale in stores....I know my store doesn't carry it. All die cutting machines are on sale for 40% off right now.

I'm having a *really* hard time not hitting "add to cart".

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
another vote for the sizzix big shot or big kick (same machine, different colors),,,,

the texture boutique is a great little machine, but it ONLY embosses,,,and once you discover the love of embossing,,,along comes the love of TH dies,,,,

and (whisper) nestabilities,,,,,,it's a sicfkness, I tell you,a sickness!

you need a diecut machine to use those, not just the texture bo9utique. so it really just depends on exactly what you what it to do.

I vote Big Shot. It has been on my wishlist for yrs. I finally got one on Mon. My son & his girlfriend bought it & 2 nesties for it for me for mothers day. Of course I had to buy a bigz die too. I now am addicted to these nesties.
You are so right Holly! I can think of much worse things to be addicted to. lol

Edited by anda11 on 05-11-11 06:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to anda11

I have a Texture Boutique and I really like it. But I also have a Cricut for all my cutting needs, so I didn't need another cutter. And you can use Sizzix, Cuttlebug AND the TH folders in the Texture Boutique. I just need to get more folders. They only carry 2 of them at Ms which is my local store.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
The big shot is on sale for $59.99 at Joann's (online) w/ $10 shipping. I'm not sure if it's also on sale in stores....I know my store doesn't carry it. All die cutting machines are on sale for 40% off right now.

I'm having a *really* hard time not hitting "add to cart".

Annnnnnnd, I just found a coupon code for free shipping. It's getting a little hard for me to breathe......

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to kelseymel

Woah girl - don't pass out! LOL

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-11-11 08:21 AM
In response to Smashley

I just recently bought a Big Shot too...I am loving it so far! I got the deal at J's online and also had a free shipping code so it was a great buy!

ETA: I also have a Cricut Expression for cutting, but loved the fact that the BS takes pretty much all dies/embossing folders available! To me, it also seemed a little more sturdy than the CB.

Edited by LeeLo on 05-11-11 08:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics