Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Making Memories Customer Service...        (Topic#1527781)
m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

is HORRIBLE!

I have one of there 12x12 cutters and have only had it for 6 months, if that. I put off buying it because of the price. After reading MANY reviews on here about there customer service and how good it was, I figured I would buy it and if anything went wrong, they would make it right. Welp, they didnt! Since I have had it, it has made a god awful screeching noise when I would cut with it. It wasnt off it's track or rubbing on anything it shouldnt be. Today I got it out to cut with it, mind you, I used it last night and it was fine, and it was HORRIBLE! It tore my paper, kept getting caught and wouldnt cut smooth. I email the company and told them the situation. They emailed me back the instructions for putting it back on it's track. It wasnt off of it, so I told them that the blade was knicked in a few spots. I didnt even know the blade could be removed, so I didnt take it off and knick it. I asked what I could do about that and this was there response:

"At this time we do not have replacement blades available. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great day!"

I AM LIVID! I spent 50 bucks on the ******* thing and it is broken all ready! What the Heck?! They dont offer to replace it, give me a coupon for money off another one or, in general, make it right. Guess I will be buying a new cutter, that ISNT Making Memories!

Just had to vent
Products Referenced in This Post:

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to m.perk

I'm having the same issue with mine, it distresses EVERYTHING as it cuts.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Glad I am not the only one! That is a good way to describe it....It distresses EVERYTHING you try and cut! urgggghhhhhhhhhhh!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I thought the blade was supposed to self-sharpen? That's just terrible!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-09-10 04:57 PM

Mine doesn't cut straight. It just sits there collecting dust.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to runzalot81

it is supose to self sharpen And the ONLY thing I cut with mine is 1 piece of CS or pp at a time.

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe
In response to KimKV

OMG! I *almost* bought this yesterday because I found it on sale...Thank god I didnt! I had a horrible feeling the whole time I was carrying it around the store!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

It is supposed to self sharpen. That is why they dont offer replacement parts.

Kim - Mine will be collecting dust real soon to...if I dont throw it out the ****** window first!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to m.perk

LOL I still use mine, at least for the stuff I want distressed, that way it's only 1 step instead of 2

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22

I had the same problem... I took the blade and bar off and cleaned out the area where the blade runs through because sometimes smaller slips of paper get stuck. That helped for about, ohhhh... four sheets of cardstock, maybe until the edges started shredding again, and the screeching continued. I tried to bear with it for another week or so, but the plastic arm broke off at the top, now I cannot cut ANYTHING remotely straight. I also emailed their customer service three times and got NO response. My little green cricut portable trimmer works better than that peice of junk.

Sorry you've had such a bad experience with it, too. It is quite a disappointment for the amount of money it cost.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to ScrapperSara22

I have had mine for years and love it. I bought it when it first came out. I have never had a problem with it that wasn't solved by removing the track and resetting the blade housing, maybe pulling a few bits of torn paper.

For those of you whose cutters do not cut straight, you can not use the edges to line up the paper. You have to line it up with the grid on the cutter.

I am amazed that you are having problems with MM customer service. I have always had great service from them.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

Thank you everyone for sharing I was going to save up to buy it to go to CKC but I guess I won't buy it since their customer service sucks!!!
Sorry you gals had a bad experience!!!!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Nancy Keslin

can anyone tell me the easiest way to clean out the track? I've got the blade and plastic part off, but am having issues getting into the grove to clean it out

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva

Makes me so glad I didn't shell out the money and bought my Cutterpede instead!!! I love my cutter!! Even the wavy blade I bought as a fun cutting tool.

Sorry about the bad experience with MM. Sounds like a company to steer clear of. I am a STICKLER for customer service and if I don't get it, I am OUT of there.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Cutterpede Trimmer (Discontinued)

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

• Scrappin Kitty Said:
can anyone tell me the easiest way to clean out the track? I've got the blade and plastic part off, but am having issues getting into the grove to clean it out

I just kinda blow on it...hard. I have never stuck anything into it for fear I might make it worse

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to Nancy Keslin

I'll use another scrap piece of paper or cardstock to try and work the other pieces up.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to ScrapperSara22

I got it cleaned out, and it cuts a little straighter now, but still distresses everything

CourtneyLee
Resident
CourtneyLee

I am having the same problem and I was going to contact MM about it! I have taken the blade off and used a spray duster a few times to clean it out, but my blade has nicks in it so it is not making clean cuts. I heard from someone that they had the same problem and they said that MM sent them a new trimmer! I guess they have decided not to deal with it anymore, LOL.

New Kid On the Block
In response to m.perk

My trimmer does the same...screaky noise, cuts rough. Actually, i was stupid enough to buy another! Now it cuts crooked even if i use the grid to line up straight. The print on the grid is wearing off as well.

How do I reset the blade? I don't have any directions to take it apart...Thanks
Scrappymo

cherrier2
Diva
cherrier2
In response to scrappymo!

I got mine when it first came out about a year ago, and I love it. I use it all the time. Mine cutes great. Maybe there first ones were better. Sorry for all that have had bad luck with theres....

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics