Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Scrapbook Albums        (Topic#1528025)
lojay7
lojay7 
Veteran
lojay7

Hello, I don't know if this has been talked about on here or not, but I would like to know what are some of your favorite scrapbooks to use. Do you like a certain brand or style of book?

Lori

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to lojay7

I like the 12X12 three ring binder type they hold so much more and you can easy rearrange the order of pages. I dont scrap in order so this works best for me.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Brandilynn

I love...love...love the 3-ring (D ring) albums!

stephkruse23
Tenant
stephkruse23
In response to flintridgescrapper

I agree with everyone above...the 3 ring binders have worked best for me.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 02-12-10 11:44 AM
In response to lojay7

American Craft or making memories d ring albums!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Hev

Creative Memories has excellent quality albums. They are all I will use.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to johnsusan8

honestly i don't have a favorite brand. i like the post bound albums best. maybe because that is what i started with, i don't know. the binder type just don't look as good with all the two page layouts i tend to do. and the one CM memories album i bought, was the strap hinge and i didn't like the way the page protectors slip on. i think CM has redone this though, so they may be better.

honestly, i tend to spend my money on paper and embellies and photo developing and not worry too much about the album as long as it is post bound. i can always alter the front of a cheaper album to make it look better or themed. IMHO

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to abbynormaloh75

I also am generally a post-bound fan. My favorite brands are K & Co. and Making Memories. If I had to advise as to what kind of albums to NOT buy, I don't suggest purchasing Heidi Swapp's wire albums... All of mine have fallen apart!

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 02-12-10 05:20 PM
In response to ScrapperSara22

Another CM user here. I use 8.5x11 for everyday albums and 12x15 for heritage. They look as new as they did on the day I bought them years ago. You have to get used to the strap-hinge way of taking it apart and putting it back together, but, that will come. I love how they lay flat and fit on a regular shelf, the 8.5x11 anyway. The 12x15 can be a pain to "wallpaper" because there are basically only two sizes of paper, but, I make due because I like the size for my larger heritage memorabilia.

Edited by Judes on 02-12-10 05:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to Judes

I have used just about every kind of album. I really like the ease of the 3 ring binders. It makes it much easier to put pages in. I just finished some pages that I had to put in the middle of about 20 other pages and it made it much easier to just click open the rings and slip an extra page protector in.
I have used Creative Memories too and I like the albums but they are a pain for me to put back together. The post bound are fine too but not as easy to mess with as the rings.

Resident
In response to keliloves

I am also a Creative Memories user. They have great quality and great warantee. I have tried others but I still like the quality these give. In fact, I became a consultant just to support my habbit!!!!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to eyescrapp

I prefer 3-ring because they hold so much more than postbound. They're also easier to use if you scrap out of order. I went through a postbound phase for a few years. I got tired of having to take the album apart just to add more pages. What a chore!

Right now I'm using these albums by American Crafts. I haven't bothered to alter the covers because it would never survive in my house. The downside of this album is the fabric binder attracts cat hair. Otherwise the album is nice, holds a lot and the price isn't bad if you pick it up on sale (my LSS carries them and accepts competitor coupons).

lojay7
lojay7 
Veteran
lojay7
In response to Judy_Scraps

Thank you all for your input. I have only done 2 albums one was the strap kind and the other was postbound. I didn't like the strap. So far I am liking the postbound. I would like to try the 3 ring. Thank you all again. Lori

Rebecca and the Pugs
Pro
Rebecca and the Pugs
In response to lojay7

I LOVE Collected Memories scrapbooks. I only purchase those now.

TeriScraps
Governor
TeriScraps
In response to Rebecca and the Pugs

This is a timely thread as i need to decide on albums for my kids and family. I used to love post bound, but several are falling apart and are hard to find page protectors for. Or the back binding is cheap looking once you add extenders. Even my Chattterbox one is yucky, you can see the holes! Anway, I am contemplating 3 ring hoping they'll hold together better.

fishdc
fishdc 
Veteran
fishdc
In response to TeriScraps

I feel the best ones are Creative Memories, however, they keep going up in price and are very expensive. I also use Pioneer, less expensive but good quality as well. I hope this helps.

CarrieBH
Veteran
CarrieBH
In response to fishdc

I used to be a Creative Memories snob. I am if the book is thick, but I don't like to make any books too thick or I hate handling them! As long as the book is a strap-hinge (or post-bound converted to strap-hinge) then I'm fine with it!

I'm glad I've discovered this BEFORE buying too many albums...there are some cute ones out there!

CarrieBH
Veteran
CarrieBH
In response to fishdc

• fishdc Said:
I feel the best ones are Creative Memories, however, they keep going up in price and are very expensive. I also use Pioneer, less expensive but good quality as well. I hope this helps.

Ditto!!!

CarrieBH
Veteran
CarrieBH
In response to Judy_Scraps

• Judy_Scraps Said:
I prefer 3-ring because they hold so much more than postbound. They're also easier to use if you scrap out of order. I went through a postbound phase for a few years. I got tired of having to take the album apart just to add more pages. What a chore!

Right now I'm using these albums by American Crafts. I haven't bothered to alter the covers because it would never survive in my house. The downside of this album is the fabric binder attracts cat hair. Otherwise the album is nice, holds a lot and the price isn't bad if you pick it up on sale (my LSS carries them and accepts competitor coupons).

I love 3-ring for heritage albums. When my mother or grandmother sends new info or pics, I can add it without messing up the rest of the book!

beccacrouch
Veteran
beccacrouch
In response to CarrieBH

I agree, D ring albums are the best and hold so much... Post bound albums seem like such a pain to expand and it's impossible to add anything to them and not expand them.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics