Username Post: Hi,scrapbook or photo album?        (Topic#1528041)
Katlady
Veteran
Katlady

I just got back from Michaels. I bought a 3 ring scrapbook. (choice of black,brown or red) As I was leaving I saw books in the corner and I asked if they more scrapbooks. Cashier said they were photo albums Are scrapbooks and photo albums interchangable? I'm fairly new at this stuff. So far just buy stuff but afraid to start on pages.

Why does it say member since 11/04 Joined this month.???

Edited by Katlady on 02-12-10 03:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Katlady

maybe you originally signed up in 04, I should hope that's the case, if not I have no idea!

Most photo albums of old weren't acid free but I'd say most now days are.

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to DivaDana

I have no idea about the '04. You could probably contact Megan the Forum Tech to figure it out. Is her official screenname MeganForumTech? Some of the other ladies could probably help me out.

"Photo Albums" usually just have slots/pockets where 4x6 photos should go, no room for decorating. "Scrapbook Albums" are generally albums with sheet protectors with one size per page and no specified spots for photos. Does that make sense?

Katlady
Veteran
Katlady
In response to ScrapperSara22

Yes, thank you.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Katlady

amSara has it right. However, many people use the 4x6 slots for decoration. It can make for a fast and easy scrapbook. You can put a picture in one slot, patterned papers and stickers in another slot, and so on. There are even D-ring albums that support different sized page protectors all at once, so that you can have 12x12 pages right next to a page of 4x6 slots.

Lisa1956
New Kid On the Block
Lisa1956
In response to Luvmyfam

question: I do not have any idea of the type of papers I have for scrapbooking. I got all of my card stock and lighter weight papers from a friend of the 12 x 12 size papers at JoAnn's. So what size or brand would I buy of page protectors. Lisa

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Lisa1956

You would buy books that hold 12x12. Usually the scrapbook albums come with 10 page protectors and most manufacturers sell refills. Refills are usually but not always interchangeable within an album type, ie post bound or d-ring. To be safe I always buy the refill recommended by the manufacturer but you can buy any brand. I love the K and Co and the Pioneer post bound albums. I do a lot of bulky layouts lately and so I've bought D ring albums for those..the D-ring albums and their page protectors are "roomier". They're like a binder with 3 rings.
There is a beginners forum here too and it is quite informative. I still visit there from time to time..always learning new things.
My profile shows member since '03..I must've purchased something from here back then but I didn't actually "join in" til Sept '08.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Katlady

Hi katlady---I love your name.
To start scrapbooking...don't be afraid....anything goes. Buy a magazine such as Scrapbook, Etc or Creating Keepsakes and they will give you ideas. Visit the gallery here at scrapbook. com. It is full of ideas. When you borrow ideas it is called scraplifting. (in case you didn't know)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics