Username Post: Circle Cutter?        (Topic#1528043)
travln1
Tenant
travln1

Very green here. Any suggestions for a circle cutting tool...something hand held? There are so many out there, it's mind boggling. Local stores have a large punch with a lever and a Fiskers with handles. I'd appreciate any suggestions! Thanks.

Edited by travln1 on 02-12-10 03:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Katlady
Veteran
Katlady
In response to travln1

I was just watching a product demo video here on this site, It was for the EK circle cutter. Looked like a good one.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Katlady

I love the WeRMemory Keepers Circle Cutter! It's so easy to use!!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to SmartyPants

After buying alot of circle cutters that were junk, I discovered the EK Success Curvy Cutter.

Cuts like a dream!
Products Referenced in This Post:

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to moonpuff

I have several circle cutters -- the 1st one I purchased is the best. I love the Martha Stewarts circle cutter --- only drawback is that it only cuts up to 5.5 inches.

I hate the ek success one --- just my humble opinion. I find it extremely frustrating.

I would see if any friends have these -- and give them a whirl.

prlee 
New Kid On the Block
  • prlee on 02-13-10 06:27 PM
In response to travln1

I recently purchased the ek success cutter bee on sale and really like it. I cuts circles 1 to 6inches and just about all sizes in between. It took a few tries to figure it out but once you get it, it works great. Too get it to work right just make sure you hold the paper down firmly.....I am now looking for a self-healing cutter to use under it.

travln1
Tenant
travln1
In response to prlee

Thanks!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to travln1

My favorite circle cutter is the Fiskars Ultra Shape Express. It's particularly good when you are trying to put a circle in an exact place on patterned paper. A drawback, though, is it doesn't glide through heavy-duty cardstock. It takes a couple passes when cutting through that material.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to prlee

It actually cuts bigger then the 6 inches they say it does.... it put the cutter on the outer ring, and face it outwards. It cuts to about 11 inches this way.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to moonpuff

I have the martha stewart one but it doesn't cut more than 5 or 6" I use my cricut expression for larger circles but for the longest time i just used a dinner plate and an exacto knife

MLL2
MLL2 
Resident
MLL2
  • MLL2 on 02-15-10 03:10 PM
In response to travln1

I have the Martha Stewart Circle Cutter its hand held and not very costly it cutts from 1"-5 1/2". It's also very easy to find I got mine from wal-mart, i've also seen them at Hobby Lobby and Joans

travln1
Tenant
travln1
In response to MLL2

Thanks to everyone! I bought the EK Success-Cutter Bee-Curvy Cutter (the greenish one). Fingers crossed!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics