Username Post: Sharpie's        (Topic#1528087)
snap2scrap
Resident
snap2scrap

Are Sharpies ok to use use for journaling? I found some really great Sharpie colors with an ultra fine tip. I'm just not sure if they are acid free? does anyone else use them?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to snap2scrap

I use them. especially on acrylic pieces, because they don't smudge. I bought some for that specific purpose.

-Robbie-
Mayor
-Robbie-
In response to Tina scraps

I use them, but have no idea if they are acid free. If I journal by hand, you can be pretty sure that I used a sharpie.

Another fun thing that I do with Sharpies is color my crystals. If you have clear crystals and would like them to be a certain color, you can use your sharpies to change the color. I prefer the 'regular' size to do this.

Rebecca and the Pugs
Pro
Rebecca and the Pugs
In response to -Robbie-

According to the packaging and the website, they are acid free.

snap2scrap
Resident
snap2scrap
In response to Rebecca and the Pugs

thanks good to know! I am looking forward to using them, hoping it motivates me to journal more

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Tina scraps

Sharpie has a new pen, that doesn't bleed. I notice even with the thin tip ones, they would bleed a little.

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to Ms Jackie

The Sharpie pen is amazing!!! There is also a fine tip clicky sharpie that is great...but it does tend to bleed...I totally reccommend the pen!

snap2scrap
Resident
snap2scrap
In response to jenyjen3

I havent seen the sharpie pen yet. is it more of an ink or is it like a felt tip marker? I like the variety of color choices with Sharpie

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

While personally I love Sharpies I have seen them fade. If I am OK with the possiblity of a little fading I grab a Sharpie otherwise I reach for a Slick Writer.
Products Referenced in This Post:

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to Gelidy Gelato

The sharpie pen is more on an ink. When you write it looks like the fine tip sharpies...the best part is that it doesn't bleed!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

Thanks snap2scrap for asking about Sharpies. I've wondered about using them. Is a sharpie pen different from a sharpie?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics