Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: NEW! North Georgia Scrappers Group!        (Topic#1528393)
New Kid On the Block

I've seen a few of us talking about starting a new scrap group for North Georgia, so I thought I'd start one!

My name is Bonnie, I have a daughter who is 14 months, and I live with her and my husband in Jasper. I have been scrapping now for 6 or 7 years (hard to keep track!) and absolutely LOVE scrapping with friends. I just love sharing new ideas and seeing everyone's creativity! I am a CTMH consultant. I joined after I got hooked on their acrylic stamps - it was the only way to support my 'addiction'!

So what about everyone else? Who are ya, where ya from, how long have you been scrapping? What's your favorite tool or product?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to thebonmama

Hi, Bonnie! My name is Tish and I live in Ball Ground (Canton-Cherokee County). I'm married, have 2 stepsons, 1 stepdaughter, and 1 son, and 7 1/2 stepgrandkids (the other 1/2 will be finished by June ). My stepkids are older and already flown the nest, and my son is 18 yrs old and is a Senior this year. So, just one more to go! (Either or , kind of have mixed feelings about that fact!)

I have been scrapping since 2003 or 2004, I think. Kind of stumbled into it and it was a gradual process, so not exactly sure when I started. But, it's only been the last three years or so that I've really thrown myself into it, and I love it! It's my stress reliever, and it's cheaper than therapy!

I'm what I call a 'budget' scrapper. I mostly use whatever I can find in clearance bins, on great sales, can be bought with coupons, or I can repurpose from something else! LOL! I don't really have a favorite line of products or tools, I kind of love it all!

New Kid On the Block
In response to GaMtnScrap

Nice to 'meet' you, Tish! You've got quite a family! Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby - that's awesome!

I love your way of scrapping, and I'm a bargain bin shopper myself. I LOVE getting stuff on a deal, and like you said, if I can repurpose it, I absolutely do!

You're just around the corner from me, it sounds like! You'll have to come to my house one night for our monthly crops sometime! Let me know if you're interested... They're just $10 for a Friday night, and include dinner, drinks, snacks and a welcome scrapping gift (plus I have lots of ways to come for free!).

I'd love to meet another local scrapper - that's the most fun of it to me, making new friends and sharing ideas! (I probably said that in my last post, didn't I? I'm a little sleep deprived today - Hayden's had a cold and kept me up for the last couple nights). Forgive me if I'm redundant!

Again, nice to meet you!

Any other Georgia scrappers out there?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap

Bonnie -pm'd you!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Hi. My name is Betsye, and I live in the north west corner of GA.

I've been scrapbooking since...let me go check my profile...October of 2005.

I have lots of tools I love, coluzzle, tweezers, ink daubers, punches, glue gun...

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Hi, Betsye!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Hi Tish.

I went over to a friend's house to scrapbook today, and before I left I asked myself if there was anything I was leaving behind I HAD to have in order to scrapbook, and when I looked I realized I had not packed my FAVORITE tool (which made me realize I had a favorite tool)
Products Referenced in This Post:

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Wow, Betsye, that's a neat tool! That goes around your finger? Is it easier/better to control it like that? How does it do around curves and such?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

yes, it does fit around your finger. It's best used with a glass mat, and instead of moving your hand, you move the paper.

My scrapping scissors were missing for a few weeks in the abyss of dd's room and I didn't mind that so much because I had this tool.

I learned about it at the GASC year before last, and had to buy one.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Oh, and yes, it is so much easier to control than a regular knife, and better than scissors at cutting those hard to reach places.
I used it to cut out these scallops: Catching Waves By Rosita

and I used it to cut out the background pp on this one: Castles in the Sand By Rosita

New Kid On the Block
In response to Rosita

Hey Betsye! So glad you joined us! LOVE the cutter - I may have to get one of those - it did amazing on those layouts of yours (very impressive work, by the way).

We're a small group so far, but it's a start! I'm just tickled to have found some other NGAS! (north ga scrappers!)

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

So, where is your favorite place to scrap?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Wow, Betsye, those layouts are great! You did a great job on the cutting on those, that scalloped paper on the first one especially, it looks store bought made that way!

My favorite place to scrap is at home! LOL! But mostly just because all my stuff is there and easy to get to, plus I scrap mostly at night when everybody else is asleep or at least vegged out for the evening. But, I'm going to Bonnie's monthly crop this coming Friday night (see her post above and her separate thread on this forum) and I'm excited about it. Turns out she lives just a few miles "up the road" from me, so it's very close. I'm excited to meet other scrappers and maybe get into a regular meeting group. My sweet husband tries, bless him, but he just doesn't 'get it' when it comes to sb'ing stuff!

But, I'm horrible at packing to go to a crop. I try to take EVERYTHING!! I start out good, making myself my own 'page kits' and trying to keep things simple, but then as usual start throwing everything but the kitchen sink in there! Then I think, "Oh, I'm packing too much and getting too complicated here," so I start taking things back out. Then, I think, "Oh, wait, I might need that though," and things start going back in. It's a vicious circle! No wonder it takes me a week to pack to go somewhere!! LOL!!

How about you? What's your favorite place to scrap?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap

• thebonmama Said:

We're a small group so far, but it's a start! I'm just tickled to have found some other NGAS! (north ga scrappers!)

Me too, Bonnie!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

in my room. Like you, I have everything here...but I also love going to crops.

One of the boys in my son's scout troop just earned his eagle, and his mom has had good intentions of making him a scrapbook, but has not done anything, and wants to at least have some of it scrapped to give him at his Court Of Honor ceremony at the end of THIS MONTH! so I told her that everyone who can just needs to come over to my house Friday night to work on HIS book...and then there will be some Wednesday nights thrown in there too.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Where is your favorite place to shop?

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

Wow, that's nice of you to help her! That's quite an undertaking for such a close due date! Good luck! Has she ever done sb'ing before?

And Eagle scout? Wow, that takes a lot of hard work. My oldest stepson made Eagle. It really helped his military career, too. When he went into the Coast Guard, he started out one level higher than the others simply because he had made Eagle. The whole scout experience was really good for him, actually. And the CG only helped.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Where is your favorite place to shop?

I mostly shop at Michaels and Hobby Lobby because of their close proximity and easy access. Of the two, I visit M's the most, only because it's next to the grocery store and I'm there every week! LOL! Of the two, though, Hobby Lobby is my favorite. They just have better selection. But, no matter which of the 2 local HL's I go to, it's at least a 40 min drive from my home, so takes a little more effort and therefore is not a weekly trip. Sometimes, though, when I'm running errands for my company, I'm within spitting distance of HL, and sometimes I swing by. Shhhh...don't tell my plant manager-although he probably already knows! I've worked with him for 22 yrs, so he probably knows me well enough by now to know! LOL! But, when I do that, I have to know exactly what I'm going for and get it and get out. I don't have time to look around and really enjoy it. So, I usually just do that when there's something very specific I want and/or is on sale. (Hey, they don't pay me for my gas or use of my personal vehicle, so I figure the 15 mins I spend in there equals it out, right?) Otherwise, I'd rather just plan a trip on my own time when I can look around.

I've bought online before, but that's not the normal for me. Usually I have to be able to pick it up, look at it, feel it, etc. Although I say that, I did order some CTMH cardstock from the online catalog before actually seeing it. But, I'm confident I'll like it. It was a such a good deal and the colors looked too great, I just couldn't pass it up!

Where do you like to shop? Do you have any favorite lines?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I usually shop at HL and M's too, but my favorite store is in Pigeon Forge. Have you ever been to the Scrapbook Superstore there? It has a so much stuff!

I like to see stuff in person too, but sometimes seeing it on several layouts I like is enough for me. And of course, M's and HL have a limited supply. If I have to see some of the new stuff in person, I go to Archiver's in Atlanta.

There are websites I order from, and I like the daily deal sites.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
I usually shop at HL and M's too, but my favorite store is in Pigeon Forge. Have you ever been to the Scrapbook Superstore there? It has a so much stuff!

I like to see stuff in person too, but sometimes seeing it on several layouts I like is enough for me. And of course, M's and HL have a limited supply. If I have to see some of the new stuff in person, I go to Archiver's in Atlanta.

There are websites I order from, and I like the daily deal sites.

No, I haven't been to the superstore in Pigeon Forge. (Goodness, I haven't even been to Pigeon Forge for that matter in something like 15 years?!?) There used to be a Scrapbook Superstore down around Town Center mall that I kept wanting to go to, but never did, and now I don't even know if it's still there or not. And I know it's almost scrapbooking sacreligious, but I've never been to Archivers! I know, bad scrapper, bad scrapper! (smacking myself on the back of the hand!) But again, that's down there near **the mall** which is somewhere I don't go often. I did go to the new HL down there a few weeks ago, but I snuck in the back way and then got the heck out of dodge when I came out (I had an appt to get to back up near home anyways). I just HATE the traffic down there! I am soooo seriously spoiled that I work 12 miles from my house and just have to travel on back country roads to get there. It makes me traffic-intolerant-lazy!! Ha ha! But, I really should go to at least Archiver's. I've heard such good things about it.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics