Username Post: I think it's called a flourished rectangle?        (Topic#1528417)
KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee

I've seen countless lo's using this page/die cut thingy that resembles a rectangle only using brackets in lieu of straight lines.

Where can I find this!!!

Thanks to you all!!!

beccacrouch
Veteran
beccacrouch
In response to KayMCee

can you link an example? i think i know what you're talking about but i'm not for sure...

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to beccacrouch

I use my cricut to make mine LOVE THEM!!!

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee

I wish I could figure out how to link the image...

Hope this works!
[image]http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries&u=4 76805&m=view&id=2 603597&type=-1&pa ge=1&f=1[/image]

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to Brandilynn

I was so hoping you weren't going to say the magic term 'Cricut'! I don't own this toy yet!!

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to KayMCee

oh well!! I think this is the only way I can get an example out...

{ } - but all around!

Thanks for helping!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KayMCee

You can make your own bracket/scalloped/flouris hed/framed/ornate/curved/ shaped squares simply by tracing the shape.

You can either find a template online, cut out your own (as seen on various blogs & or youtube) and or trace the shape from a single sheet of paper (which you can usually find over by the scalloped & shaped-type papers either here or at your LSS!)

Hope That Helps!

Products Referenced in This Post:

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to KellyCali

There you go. The post above linked quite a few. I'm pretty sure every cutting machine has a die/program which includes them.

I think most people call that shape a topnote. At least that's what its called on SCS forums. They have all kinds of cute things made using that basic shape, package toppers, cards, owls, gift boxes.

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to disneylisa

Thank you sooooo much!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to KayMCee

I started out by buying one piece and then tracing it on to chipboard (back of a paper pack) adn then cutting it out to use a template. Once I got the cricut expression (only had personal at teh time), I cut them on there now!

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to TripletMother

I just traced one sheet on chipboard and use that as my guide.

beccacrouch
Veteran
beccacrouch
In response to GaMtnScrap

I have a pazzles and wishblade but before I had a die cutter I'd hand trace them from a template and hand cut them. I used my fiskars fingertip blade but any one would work. The template I used was from an old sheet of diecuts, the leftover border works great for a template. =]

Sheila9447
Resident
Sheila9447

What Cricut cartridge has this shape?

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to Sheila9447

If you're not brave enough to trace & cut your own (or just don't feel like it) do a search on Etsy. Lots of sellers sell shapes they've made with a die cutting machine. I bought a stack of cardstock flourishes for about $2.00 + shipping - well worth every penny to me!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Sheila9447

• Sheila9447 Said:
What Cricut cartridge has this shape?

The Storybook cartridge has this shape:)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics