Username Post: Embossing with Cricut?        (Topic#1528613)
craftygirl77
Idol
craftygirl77

So I found in the Superstore a folder that you can emboss using the cricut. I've never seen it before. Anyone know how it works? Can you use any embossing folder? Like one that's for the Big Shot???
Products Referenced in This Post:

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to craftygirl77

I believe you use the kit to cut out your design and create an embossing folder that you can run through your BigShot. I don't think you can emboss with the Cricut, but I could be wrong. In which case someone will be along soon with a better answer. (I have the Pazzles which does emboss up to 12x12 directly unto the paper)

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 02-19-10 05:24 AM

My understanding of this item is that you cut the design you want to emboss out of the material with the cricut and put it the blank folder and then run it through your, cuttlebug or sizzix. That being said, I have heard that neither this nor the stamp material they have works very well.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Hev

The Cricut is a cutter not an embosser.

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to dotfree

Oh! I have the stamp material and even though I haven't used it too much, the first few times I tried it it worked GREAT! But, like I said, I haven't played with it too much.

And, the cricut is only cutting but yes, like everybody has said, they have material to cut using the cricut to be used in an embossing machine.

craftygirl77
Idol
craftygirl77
In response to JediScrapToo

Thanks everyone! Im looking to get a maching for embossing. Stuck between the bigshot and the pazzles.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie

Cricut is a cutter not a embosser. You can use their kits to make embossing plates. Haven't tried it, but once again, you are stuck with all the plates, as with the ones with cutterbug.

Mira Luna
Resident
Mira Luna
In response to Ms Jackie

Thanks. I had been wondering about this embossing folder for use with my Cricut too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics