Page 1 of 603 
Username Post: FULL AND CLOSED~Secret sisters: April-June 2010        (Topic#1528911)
thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

*Welcome to the Secret Sisters Swap!
Rosita and I will be co-hosting this swap again~and I hope it continues to be so much fun each and every round!

RULES/GUIDELINES:

1. In order to join this swap, you must have 1000 posts or be a sister with us already in good standing, or have another swap member that will vouch for you. If you don't have these things, contact Rosita or me and we will decide. We want new people to sign up and have fun in our swap, but since this is a 25.00 minimum, we have to make sure everyone who participates will complete the swap! Thank you for understanding!

2. This swap will begin on April. 1. I will match up the sisters on March 20 and send them out to you right away. Feel free to start teasing your sister, sending her e-cards, and/or shopping for her anytime after you receive her name!

3. You will send her a package (examples would be some scrap supplies, candy, a favorite item (precious moments figurine, a willow tree decoration, etc. etc., depending on what your sister collects or likes) You will also be required to send her at least one message ON THE THREAD with an alternate id each month and you should feel free to send messages/cards online or through snail mail!

4. This round, we have a price MINIMUM of $25.00. You are required to spend at least that amount each month on your swap partner for three months NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING COSTS!

*just a little note, PLEASE look at your sisters wish list and get some general ideas from your sister about what she likes. You can pm her directly through your alternate id and ask her what her likes/dislikes are. If your sister doesn't have any children...she isn't going to want a bunch of kid items. It is just nice for your swap sis to know that you purchased these items for her...they aren't just stuff you threw in a box and hoped for the best

5. You would not put your name on the package/envie so you will remain a secret. It's a good idea to use a family members name as the return address, a trusted neighbor, or you can put your hubby to good use and use his name!

6. You can look up your partners profile to get some ideas of what to send. They have also been instructed to update their wish list. Scrapbook.com will actually ship your item out to your sister if you include a note to block out your name and address information because it is for a secret sister exchange. This is often an easy and cheaper way to send your sister items directly from her wish list...and who doesn't like getting things from their own wish lists?

7. You must check into this thread at least once a week. Communication is vital in this swap because the purpose of this swap is to get to know your fellow swappers! You'll get more out of this swap the more you post, and your ss can get more ideas as to what to send you.

8. Secret sisters will end on June 15, 2010 and shortly after we will host a reveal party here online!

9. Never hesitate to pm me or Rosita if you have any questions, or need to know something specific from your SS. Rosita and I are here to help you!

10. Please mail your RAKS/gifts/cards out no later than: April 5, May 5th, and June 5th. That should give the package time to arrive before end of the month. *THIS ROUND, IF YOU HAVE NOT SENT SOMETHING TO YOUR SISTER IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED AND REMOVED FROM THE SWAP...AND WE WILL SWITCH IT AROUND SO THAT EVERYONE RECEIVES! I am not playing around with this! I HATE to see someone getting flaked on when they are faithful and send to their partners. I will NOT TOLERATE flakers in this swap...you will be removed and not able to participate in any future swaps with us. If I contact you and you can provide a tracking number, that is acceptable. I understand mail issues happen too, so this will make the swap more organized.

11. Have fun, chat, share lo's, anything goes in this thread!

12. You must have at least 1000 posts in order to sign up. If you have fewer than that, Rosita and I will need to pre-approve you joining. If you have someone who will vouch for you or you are referred by someone, let us know that too. Do not bother signing up if you have flaked in this swap before! You will be removed immediately!

13. To sign up, send me a PM with this information:
Screen Name
Name
Address
Email address
Phone number (This will not be given out, but is for my records in case something happens to you)
Birthday
Do you collect anything?
Favorite snack
List of things you would like to receive (or a link to your wishlist which you will keep updated).
Are you willing to send to an international sis this round???

Secret Sister Basics:

1) Create an additional ID to log on to sb.com (so you can communicate with your ss on the thread and send PMs, etc.)You do have to contact your sister on this thread AT LEAST once a month (preferably more!) A good idea is to post when you mail out a package and "tease" them about some of the goodies included!

2) Send a card. (a snail mail card or an e-card are always great to receive!)

3) Type a letter or note to your sis. Be sneaky and devious.

4) Remember, it doesn't have to be scrap stuff only but should include some scrap stuff too!

*****Also, I must reiterate: DO NOT SIGN UP for this swap unless you are prepared to make a commitment to it. People have had their feelings hurt in the last swap, and I do not want to see that happen again. If something happens during the swap that affects your ability to keep participating, please contact Rosita or myself...we both just want EVERYONE to enjoy this swap, get to know each other, and enjoy spoiling someone and getting spoiled in return!

So let's have some fun and get started!!

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS (*I have received your information)

1. Rosita*
2. Thinkpink22*
3. sdenison*
4. donnalynneRNC*
5. scrapbrarian*
6. nikilynn*
7. jackie9635*
8. scrappy grandma*
9. krissyclarkmckee*
10. tina scraps*
11. twinkletwinklestarr*
12. ladycraftcrack*
13. RachelUK*
14. Msnickers2*
15. Lavona
16. faithscrapper*
17. Charlena*
18. Deb-doodle*
19. Scrappin kitty*
20. Scrappiepammie*
21. youvegotmel*
22. scrappintastic*
23. avpinky327*
24. trishaLouise*
25. JMorales*
26. Lydbug*
27. fortunes fool*

RECEIVED APRIL PACKAGE:

Challenge #1 by Melody (youvegotmel)
Here's my challenge:
There are two requirements:
1. I want to see you ladies do a mostly black and white layout... at least 80% of the layout should be in black and white. (Shades of grey are acceptable too)and
2. Include a quote. It could be your favorite all time quote, or a quote that seems to go well with whatever pic(s) you're scrapping, or a quote from someone that you know...any kind of quote!

Edited by thinkpink22 on 03-26-10 12:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sdenison
Expert
sdenison
In response to thinkpink22

I'm first! Wooo hooo!

I sent my info to you, Pink!

Edited by sdenison on 02-23-10 12:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

donnalynneRNC
Queen
donnalynneRNC
In response to sdenison

I would like to join again, please. Thanks

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to donnalynneRNC

I'm in!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

In rule number 10, do you mean if you have NOT SENT rather than NOT RECEIVED?

Mayor
  • 888 on 02-23-10 06:13 AM

I'm in !!!! Good morning!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to 888

Im in again for sure! Ill send my list later.

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma
In response to jackie9635

hello me too, i am in,
hugs joan

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to scrappy grandma

You know I am in. I sent my info to you already, Pink.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to krissyclarkmckee

of course I'm in, you can't get rid of me

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma
In response to Tina scraps

hello everyone , hope you are having a wonderful day,
have a question,
do i have to do a new question ad answer thing , since we did one already.

also have a very full wish list too.
he,he,
god bless you all.
oh don't want anything international.
two far ro sed, sorry about that.

hugs, joan

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

hi pink , well i don't know how to do a ss new advar or secret message place. . could use help to do it, then hope i don't forget either.

hugs, joan

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-23-10 11:14 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm in again!!!

LadyCraftCrack
Guru
LadyCraftCrack

I want in too. I already pm'd you my info and I'm working on the 1000 posts, (almost there).

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to LadyCraftCrack

Hi there Kimberley! Please count me in too - I already sent you all my details as requested.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

Pink, had trouble PM'ing you my info, let me know if you didn't get it.

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

can;t wait to see who i have this time around.
so excited.
hope we are doing a spring and easter theme. this time.
tired of snow and snowmen. he,he, hugs, god bless love to all joan

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

hey there . i hope i sent my survey in, don't remember! hugs. god bless and love joan

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

O.k. I can't resist! Sign me up! I love this swap!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to LadyCraftCrack

• LadyCraftCrack Said:
I want in too. I already pm'd you my info and I'm working on the 1000 posts, (almost there).

Michelle, you're exempt from the 1,000 post rule.

Page 1 of 603 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics