Username Post: 12 x 12 trimmer        (Topic#1528965)
Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

Quick QU I need a new trimmer, my 12 x 12 MM one is distressing everything I cut with it,even though I've cleaned out the track, and made sure it was on there corectly. Do any of you have a recomendation? I've tried the cheap fiskers one and didn't like it, but loved this one till it started acting up. I'm not wanting to get another MM one however since this one is just 2 years old and already not acting right.
Products Referenced in This Post:

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Try one of the fancier Fiskars cutters.

Fiskars - 12 inch Portable Rotary Paper Trimmer - Blade Style F

Fiskars - 12 inch Desktop Rotary Paper Trimmer - Blade Style F

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to runzalot81

I've used the Tonic Trimmer for years. It works great.. have to change the blades every so often, but they have refills here in the superstore.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to raindancer

I'm with Alissa on this one. I have several Fiskars trimmers, and I love their 12-inch rotary blade trimmers.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to Luvmyfam

I have the MM 12x12 trimmer and I really liek mine but I am love the Fiskaers 12x12 rotary trimmer. I think that may be my next purchase. I also haave the smalled cutterpede trimmer for when I travel to scrap. It's not that bad but its not the best.
Cutterpede Trimmer (Discontinued)

CourtneyLee
Resident
CourtneyLee
In response to ScrappyHeather

I'm in the same boat! I love my MM trimmer but the blade is no longer cutting smoothly. I haven't had good experiences with the Fiskars trimmers, but I was thinking about the Tonic one. I can't tell from the picture-is it as wide as the MM trimmer?

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 02-24-10 01:40 AM
In response to CourtneyLee

CUTTERPEDE hands down. I will never buy another V-Bladed trimmer, the rotating blades are much better.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to raindancer

• raindancer Said:
I've used the Tonic Trimmer for years. It works great.. have to change the blades every so often, but they have refills here in the superstore.

I just had my Tonic out yesterday, doing some trimming at work, LOVE ii so much

cardsister
Tenant
cardsister
In response to riverroadrn

I would highly recommend the Tonic trimmer. I have the Fiskars (which I really like) and the Tonic (which I love). Both are good, but I think the Tonic is just a bit better.

Edited by cardsister on 02-24-10 06:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to cardsister

lol....i just gave up my rotary for the old reliable fiskars again. the rotary one that i had kept slipping off the track and it would cut all crooked. went back to the fiskars and no problems. replacements blades are cheap.

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
In response to abbynormaloh75

I LOVE my MM one! I've had it for 2 years and it's still working like a champ! It gets a little squeaky at times but I'll just spritz some WD-40 in there and it'll be fine!

Before ditching your MM trimmer, try contacting MM to see if they have suggestions for repairing it (or if they'll replace it). Their customer service is AMAZING! I had troubles with the ruler pulling apart and they sent me a new one and some "goodies" (rub-ons, stickers, etc) in a very quick manner.

LRMemorylane
Resident
LRMemorylane
In response to ScrapHappyStArLIGhT

I have used The Creative memories 12" trimmer for years. It's very accurate, light weight and It fits nicely into my CM Tools tote when I leave for a weekend crop. Good luck finding one you like. Lori

MortyK
MortyK 
Resident
MortyK
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I have a Fiskars but I'm looking at getting a different one. This one doesn't cut straight - I mean that the cutting line isn't exactly at a 90 degree angle to the edge the paper rests on. It's only out by a tad, but it's enough so it never gives me a proper square or rectangle. I have to measure all sides, a bit of a pain when I want to do lots of cutting.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to MortyK

I like my seven year old Fiskars for traveling and the 10 month old MM to use at home. They both work with no problem for me.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to dotfree

the ragged cutting happened to my first MM trimmer, and they replaced it,,,,,

frankly, I think someone cut way too many pieces of paper/cs with it,,,,they looked guilty,,,,,but MM replaced it for me anyway,,,,,,

If you go on their website, there's a link for replacement products,,,,it can't hurt to try,,,,

did you cut more than 2 pieces of CS or did you try and cut something extra thick with it??? Or could someone have done so who didn't realize that you can not do that with the MM trimmer???

That's about the only complaint I have with that trimmer,,you can't just buy ONLY the blade replacement part,,,,,,which is a HUGE bummer,,,,

I think they lose otherwise loyal customers that way,,,

mizzgreenjeanz
Resident
mizzgreenjeanz
In response to CommaHolly

My favorite at home trimmer is my X-acto 12x12 wooden base laser guided trimmer. I got it at Office Max. It cuts straight every time.

Other than that I have an "as seen on tv" Craft-lite trimmer and it is excellent. The blades trade out for different edge cuts (pinking, stamp cut, and it perforates and/or folds too). I've had it 8 or 9 years and it's still going with no blade replacement. It's my portable now but used to be my main tool. It's relatively cheap.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics