Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Sad News        (Topic#1529197)
Matthews Wife
Expert
Matthews Wife

I was so excited! I watched this video by the scrapbookspeedway called "Color Your White Paper Flowers" I was all ready to color my own flowers, I ordered two of the Ranger Ink Perfect Pearls Pigment Kits and some White Flowers. Then I get an e-mail from scrapbook.com saying that the white flowers had been put on the Superstore website by mistake and they aren't sending them! So now I have spent $24.00 plus shipping for this paint and I don't have anything to use it on! Any ideas? I really wanted to paint some white flowers. I am so disapointed!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Matthews Wife

Ask for a refund!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

so sorry. that just stinks.

pm'd ya where you might be able to find some.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to scrappercaz

Perfect pearls are awesome! You can use them to color non-white flowers to give them great color, shine and depth. You can stamp an image (with any color and any type of ink) and then swipe a small dab of perfect pearls across the image. I just did this on a tag with a little butterfly...GORGEOUS. If you have the perfect medium pen you can write something or doodle something and swipe with the perfect pearls. You can use them to hightlight, painted/inked grungeboard/chipboard...If you have any Ranger re-inkers you can make your own glimmer mist with them...you can do stamp resist techniques with these...

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Nancy Keslin

There are all kinds of stuff that you can do with the perfect pearls. You should look up some utube videos for some demos...beautiful results!!! Why don't you buy different white flowers? There are lots of choices out there.

queenofstash
Expert
queenofstash
In response to StarsNSparkles

Order some white flowers from someone else????

Matthews Wife
Expert
Matthews Wife
In response to queenofstash

Yes, I will have to order flowers from somewhere else. I am retired on disability so my funds are limited and it is the shipping and handeling that does me in. I live 40 miles from the closest scrapbook store. I was taught to scrap by a Creative Memories Consultant, so I am just now starting to "dip my toes" in the water and try new things. I wish that scrapbook.com had just sent me different white flowers and saved me the shipping cost. They did say they would give me a 10% discount on my next order, so that will help. I will go on Youtube and look at Perfect Pearls. Thanks!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary

You can buy white daisies at the dollar stores on stems. I just pull them off and repurpose them! All the stores will be carrying their spring flowers now, so white shouldn't be too hard to find.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to kanary

oriental trading has good shipping costs, and white paper flowers

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to Scrappin Kitty

call scrapbook.com up and ask if they can send you other white flowers and skip the shipping costs. Explain the whole situation. They are really very nice if you call them on the phone.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Try these. I saw Tim Holtz distressing them the other day with Perfect Pearls, distress inks etc and they looked fab

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to SuperAllyFan

You can def use the Perfect Pearls for TONS of stuff!! Like Scrappingbliss said, there are loads of uses besides flowers...use the powders on chipboard, stamps, grungeboard, etc...

OhioManScrapper
Resident
OhioManScrapper

You can use mini-misters and mix with water to create you own Glimmermist.

CarrieBH
Veteran
CarrieBH
In response to scrappercaz

• scrappercaz Said:
Ask for a refund!

I've done this before (not here, but other online places) before something was shipped. People totally understand!! Besides, no one can MAKE you buy something you don't want...

If it's already been shipped, don't open the package. Call and ask for a pre-paid shipping label to send it back. It's not your fault they messed up!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to CarrieBH

Do you have flower punches? You can make your own white flowers. There are lots of tutorials available on making lovely flowers.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to dollscrap

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my perfect pearls! I have ALL of them in fact! I use them on embossed card fronts- emboss thru the sizzix, rub front with perfect medium pad, add perfect pearls, mist with water to set. I like to use different colors of perfect pearls on the card front and then mist with self made "glimmer mist" to set.

I like dollscrap's comment about making your own white flowers- you've GOT to have flower punches kicking around- use tissue paper or coffee filters.

Ummm..... what else? Use them in BLACK paper- VERY beautiful!

My only problem is getting anything to STICK to them after I've applied. I've heard zip-dry works but I don't know of a brick and mortar store to get it at.

Good luck! I think you'll like them once you play a bit.

cherrier2
Diva
cherrier2
In response to Seaexplore

I got my tube of white flowers from Hobby Lobby With a 40% off. if you dont have a H.L. in your area they have a on line store......

cherrier2
Diva
cherrier2
In response to OhioManScrapper

That is good to know. I wont to give this a try....

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Seaexplore

• seaexplore Said:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my perfect pearls! I have ALL of them in fact! I use them on embossed card fronts- emboss thru the sizzix, rub front with perfect medium pad, add perfect pearls, mist with water to set. I like to use different colors of perfect pearls on the card front and then mist with self made "glimmer mist" to set.

I like dollscrap's comment about making your own white flowers- you've GOT to have flower punches kicking around- use tissue paper or coffee filters.

Ummm..... what else? Use them in BLACK paper- VERY beautiful!

My only problem is getting anything to STICK to them after I've applied. I've heard zip-dry works but I don't know of a brick and mortar store to get it at.

Good luck! I think you'll like them once you play a bit.

J's brick and mortar stores,,,,,roughly 4.50.

It's not WITH the scrapping glue,,,,,,,don't ask me why,,,it's over with the other crafting glues,,,,,in my store it's with the glue sticks that go in glue guns,,,,,,,

you got me, but in all the J's (and M's occasionally) that I have EVER purchased Zip Dry in, it has NEVER been with the scrapping glue,,,,

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to CommaHolly

thanks for the tip on zip dry. i havent been able to find it either.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics