Page 1 of 26 
Username Post: Cancer Sucks        (Topic#1529293)
abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75

The more people I meet on here, the more people I know of that are dealing with cancer of a loved one. This disease is just filling our lives and it is not fair. I started this thread as a place where we all can come and vent and realize we are not alone in our struggles. We can laugh and cry and lean on each other as our loved ones fight this horrible monster.

My son is a five year cancer survivor and just yesterday my fiance of 7 years was diagnosed with cancer and starts radiation on Tuesday.

feel free to post as you are able. please know that you are not alone and we are here for you.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to abbynormaloh75

I am so sorry. CANCER SUCKS MONKEY BUTT!

I am going to a fundraising crop today for breast cancer and there will be several survivors there, as well as ladies in treatment.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

I saw your post on the other thread and my heart goes out to you. As well as my prayers.

I found out Thursday that I have breast cancer! OMG you couldn't have shook my world any harder since there isn't a single instance of in on both family sides. I need to tell my kids today and I am dreading that.

I must say that I have several good things going for me and I will beat this! I just wish I knew more at the moment~~~my first appt is Wed.

I know one thing was told to me by a survivor herself is that it's good to have network or group that one can talk to and relate with.

So I am here for you too....and anyone else!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to amandahugandkiss

My grandfather died of lung cancer in January, never smoked a day in his life. It was horrible.

Now a good friend and colleague had to leave work to go to her sister who is dying of cancer, she's only 50 something years old.

I am 31 and guess this is when it starts - losing loved ones.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scrapbook Queen

Terry, My prayers are with you honey,,,,,

cancer sucks,,,,,,,,it truly sucks,,,,,

My Father in law watched his sister slowly go downhill with cancer,,,,

just before her death, he was diagnosed with bladder cancer,,,,,,,the thought so terrified him that he took his own life January 6th rather than deal with the cancer himself,,,,,,,,12 hours later his sister died of her rare blood cancer.

We lost 2 the same day,,,,,,,one to cancer,,,,,,,,and the other to the terror cancer brings.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to Scrapbook Queen

Angi ~ Thanks for starting this thread.

A family member was just Dx with Intestinal Cancer on Thursday. They found the tumor during an appendectomy. We are all shocked and worried. He is still in the hospital but will start chemo soon. He is a very strong, healthy an active man. We are all praying for him. I think a trip to FL is in our near future. I may stay a prolonged time with my girls to help out as much as possible.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to ScrappyHeather

Terry I am so sorry for your Dx. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to ScrappyHeather

So sorry for the cross your fiance and you are about to carry...and yes, thank you for this thread.

It's probably rare for someone whose life has not been touched by cancer. To me it is the worst as my childhood was profoundly affected by it.

My prayers to you for strength and victory over this disease.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to RockStar

my fiance was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. never smoked, never drank, ran marathons, was as healthy as they came. he used to tease me and my children that we had health issues. now he is facing one of the worst. i am hoping that this is beatable. i waited so long to find him, to have him in my life. i don't want to lose him. we have become a family. my children consider him a father. this has just shaken us soo much. it just isn't fair. it really isnt. i know that sounds trite. but what do u say...when you have so much to say? does that make sense? its so hard because talking isn't going to fix this....

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
I saw your post on the other thread and my heart goes out to you. As well as my prayers.

I found out Thursday that I have breast cancer! OMG you couldn't have shook my world any harder since there isn't a single instance of in on both family sides. I need to tell my kids today and I am dreading that.

I must say that I have several good things going for me and I will beat this! I just wish I knew more at the moment~~~my first appt is Wed.

I know one thing was told to me by a survivor herself is that it's good to have network or group that one can talk to and relate with.

ABBY!!!! Hugs Hugs and more Hugs. I am soo sorry. We will be here for you. I know you can tackle this and beat this. we have to believe that don't we? I hope Weds brings good news.

lotsa love,
angi

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

For all of us who have either lost a loved one to cancer, have someone fighting cancer themselves or know someone who is fighting it, my heart and prayers are with you! I have lost several family members to cancer and it hurts. Right now, in my small parish in Louisiana, we have several fighting the battle. In my church we have a little 9 year old boy who is in treatment for brain cancer. His prognosis is grim at the best. In my same church, we have a lady who lost one young nephew ( 7 or 8 yrs.) to brain cancer and has another one who is only 2 in treatment for brain cancer. Another little girl has brain cancer. It is so very hard to watch anyone suffer with it, but when it is a child, it seems a 100x worse!

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:

I am sending you good thoughts!

Mama of a monkey
Mayor
Mama of a monkey
In response to amandahugandkiss

It's horrible just horrible.

I have had several family members deal with cancer some survived it some didn't...

My grandma survived Uterine Cancer, her son (my uncle) survived Testicular Cancer.

My great aunt died about 6 years ago -- I am still not sure which came first the breast cancer or the lung cancer... but either way she fought both but lost her fight.

And this past Monday my dad's brother passed away of Colon Cancer.

My mom has Chronic Lymphocydic Leukemia which has not been a problem for her - it was found routine blood work. The doctors have told her, that there is nothing really to do until it flares up... but that in all reality - old age will take her before the leukemia.

My heart goes out to you all that have cancer or have someone fighting it or someone who passed on because of it. Such a horrible disease that invades our lives

Kathy_in_wlsv
Pro
Kathy_in_wlsv
In response to Mama of a monkey

if any disease could be called EVIL it is cancer. It seems as though it has a face and a personality, which at leeast gives us a concrete enemy to fight.

Its EVIL I say again. Its cruel..

I lost my beloved older sister to cancer last May. How hard she fought until there was nothing at all left to fight with. She was also a runner, into clean eating, didn't smoke..
The week after her 50th wedding anniversary she was diagnosed with retro-peritoneal caancer.. a huge huge tumor in her abdomen. She had every treatment, but it came back over and over.

she died the day I was giving Ally's birthday pparty.. Boy it was hard to keep a good face.. Her funeral, a woncerful celebration of her life was held on Ally's birthday..

I wish every cancer could get the efforts that breast cancer does..

it's so EVIL

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Kathy_in_wlsv

Sometimes (as I have spent hours yesterday) we have to wonder "what did I do?" How did I get this? Wrong medicine, bad life style, bad enviroment?
With me, I want to blame something. I shouldn't have this~~it's not in my genes. But...I've come to the realization that it's nothing~~I did nothing wrong. It's just the way it is. Sad...

I've known people who've passed away with it and it's always shocking. My aunt, who was a Mormon, never smoked, active, etc died of lung cancer. And the list goes on....we even have a 35 yr old friend who just went thru breast cancer. 35!!!

Thank you all ~~I will need good thoughts and I plan to pass them out as well. I do believe keeping positive thoughts and mindset will help tremendously.

Holly---thank you so much! I remember reading about all that back in Jan and how devastated & shocked you were. My heart went out to then as it does now!

Angi---keep him close and give him the strength he will need. Like me the new mantra is : I WILL SURVIVE!!

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Abby0317

yes abby you will. so will ron. it just isn't fair. and i know that life isn't fair...but sometimes it should be. he is still pretty wiped out from the colonscopy yesterday and biopsy. i have never seen him like this. its soo sad. i try to stay smiley and positive around him and cry when he isn't around to see my tears. i don't think its working though. but i feel soo helpless. but i know that he can beat this. i know he can be one of the survivors. we just have to have faith and hope and pray.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Half my family I have lost to cancer. When I was a kid I lost my favorite cousin to cancer. And it escalated from there. Of my four grandparents, one I am sure died of cancer.

Jeremy's family is the same way. His grandma died of cancer three months before Lizzie was born. We named Lizzie after her, carried on her middle name. Lizzie is Elizabeth Louise after her, she was Mary Louise. His grandpa fought and won a battle with cancer, although I can't remember what kind.

Chrelaine
Expert
Chrelaine
In response to BlingQueenRia

It is a terrible disease and I agree that I don't think there is anyone out there who hasn't had cancer touch their lives in one way or another. I will keep you all in my thoughts. The only thing I can say is stay positive and don't ever give up . I believe attitude is everything when fighting cancer.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Chrelaine

Yeah. Terrible it is. I don't think I'm allowed to say WHAT it sucks on this G-rated board. I'll just leave it to your imaginations.

Yellielynn
Mayor
Yellielynn
In response to BlingQueenRia

My friend's FIL was just diagnosed with COLON cancer. He was brought to the hospital for stomach pains and they thought it could be his appendix from the pain and the blood work came back abnormal. They also found a mass. While doing the appendectomy they discovered the colon cancer. He is in good spirits and has had his loving family surrounding him during this time. Monday he has an appointment to see a oncologist and they will determine what treatment to start next. The cancer was caught early on and before it had any chance to spread. His wife is very shocked and shaken but she luckly has her son and daughter-in law to fall back on for support.

Page 1 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics