Page 22 of 26 
Username Post: Cancer Sucks        (Topic#1529293)
fablady
Queen
fablady
In response to Hev

Morning we had to put my grandson Lennon on hospice last week,he can no longer walk,talk and now can't see,and he gets a feeding tube on Mom,my heart hurts so,cause he is the sweetiest little boy,and I adore him so. Pray for my dd Amanda,she has been a pillar of strength and love for him,thanks!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-14-11 05:48 AM
In response to fablady

I am so sorry, Karen. Prayers being said for your family

fablady
Queen
fablady
In response to Huskymom

thanks Deb

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-23-11 07:17 AM
In response to fablady

Hev, are you around???
I've been thinking of you

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to fablady

• fablady Said:
Morning we had to put my grandson Lennon on hospice last week,he can no longer walk,talk and now can't see,and he gets a feeding tube on Mom,my heart hurts so,cause he is the sweetiest little boy,and I adore him so. Pray for my dd Amanda,she has been a pillar of strength and love for him,thanks!

My heart goes out to him and your family. I will pray for him.

fablady
Queen
fablady
In response to Just G

thanks Glenda

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to fablady

wondering how things are going for Lennon and Karen's family? and Hev???

My checkup on July 25 went well. Cancer still in remission. Praise God!!! Pain from everything somewhat being controlled with oxyicotin (not spelled correctly!) and another drug for nerve pain. hopefully they work better soon.

fablady
Queen
fablady
In response to bears99

Thanks for asking Granna Jo,Len is pretty ill and so we know he is at home,mom and hospice taking care of him.
Glad ur in remission still too!

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher
In response to fablady

Said a prayer for everyone. Today my friend a breast cancer survivor found out she has colon cancer and my sister is waiting on biopsy results for uterine cells.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to scrapbookingteacher

I am so sorry to hear about Lennon....a child should not have to suffer that!

I haven't been to this thread in ages and in fact it seems a lifetime ago I went thru my chemo/rad and surgeries. Not last year.

I am sorry too Patty for the news that you received. It is hard on everyone to bear that news.

Hugs to all....

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to Abby0317

My prayers and thoughts to all on this thread. I was diagnosed in January with Thyroid cancer and just had my first radiation ( hopefully last) treatment a few weeks ago. I have been incredibly lucky and I feel so incredibly blessed because there are so so many others who are not as lucky as me. My older brother is a 10 year survivor of brain cancer and I know how ugly his fight was, and I count my blessings because I know mine was not a fraction of what his was. Serious prayers to all.

fablady
Queen
fablady
In response to Heather4859

ladies praying for u all too!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to fablady

I am not sure if I have shared about my friends who are fighting cancer as a son and mother team. Dawson is a sweet 10 yr who loves baseball, hanging out with his big brothers and cousins. He was diagnosed with brain cancer 2 years ago. He has had 2 surgeries, chemo, gamma knife and an experimental chemo. His last MRI showed 3 new tumors. The doctors told her to stop the chemo (he was taking it at home). The doctors don't know what else to do and have suggested St. Judes which has another drug but, have no case studies and don't know what it will do (good or bad) to Dawson. Dawson has told his family that he is "tired and doesn't want to see anymore doctors". For now the family is honoring his wishes and just trying some natural remedies. I admire them for honoring his wishes. The treatments have given him some horrible side affects. Recently his mom Annette was diagnosed with breast cancer. She opted to have both breast removed and is now taking chemo. Please pray for this precious family. I love them so much and it breaks my heart what they are going through. I have a picture of them in my gallery if you would like faces to go with names for when you pray. My heart breaks for any child to hear the word cancer.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to 2xblessed

Karen--your email came today and I pray that you and your family have the strength to make it through this time.
For everyone else...Lennon passed Sun and I'm sure Karen & her family could use all our support right now.
Crying tears but you were right...he's flying free with angel wings!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Abby0317

Just got word that Hev is losing her battle.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
:(

Just got word that Hev is losing her battle.

So sad

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to ScrappyHeather

So I have been debating on posting or not but I am so upset about this that I have to talk about it.
I found out, about a month ago, that my daughter's Godmother has Stage IV Cervical Cancer. IVS not IVB (spread but is contained within the pelvic region).
It is such an aggressive form of cancer that they cannot do the hysterectomy or remove the tumor, yet. They fear that if they attempt surgery it will aggravate the cancer and make is spread like a wildfire.
Right now she is doing radiation 5 days a week for 5 weeks. Within that is one day and a chemo/radiation mix. She is so young. It's scary to know that a woman in her 30's, who had a clear pap, less then a year ago now has this.
We are such wonderful friends, heck, family and I just want to cry all the time but I am trying to be strong for her. We all pray daily for her and I am, please asking that you keep her in your thoughts and prayers too.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to ScrappyHeather

Just G (Glenda) is taking up a collection for Hev and her kids. She's waiting to hear back from Hev's mom about what would be best to send: flowers or something for the kids' future. If anyone wants to donate, PM Just G.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to moxiegirl23

Cancer sucks monkey....uh....er....testiculars.

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to BlingQueenRia

Karen, I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are w/ you and your family.

My best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery for everyone on here going through treatment or has a loved one going through it. Stay strong.

Page 22 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics