Page 24 of 26 
Username Post: Cancer Sucks        (Topic#1529293)
bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to 2xblessed

praying for Dawson's family and friends as they adjust to life without him.

my latest bone marrow biopsy was clean, but they are starting "maintenance" chemo so I will be having chemo once a week for 4 weeks and then a week off...that makes ONE cycle..and I have to have 6 cycles. Not looking forward to this...started first cycle two days ago. already tired...

Diva
In response to bears99

I understand you. I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer in May 1st, 2012 which spread to my chesta and the back of my intestines. Going thru chemo treatments every other week three days a week for 6 months! Been tired more and want to sleep as well. WIth Avastin, high blood pressure and other issues. My chemo cocktail makes me sensitive to cold drinks or food and to touch cold things. I still have my hair but it is thinner and doesnt grow. Cannot complaints. Only God and the prayers of relatives and friends keep me in a positive attitude. Metal taste in the mouth makes eating boring!

ALready completed 8 cycles! Hope to make it work and overcome Cancer in the name of Jesus my Saviour!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to bayamonesa1

Cancer claimed another young boy in my area. He was the same age as Dawson and in fact, they played on the same ball team. His death makes the 3rd one of their age to die from cancer.
And now a friend of mine has Stage 3 cancer. The cancer is behind her ovary. She is taking Chemo 1x every 3 weeks for 3x and then will have MRI to see if it has shrunk enough to be surgically removed. If not, she will have 3 more rounds of Chemo. She lost most of her hair after first treatment. She is upbeat and determined to beat this thing. I am sure she would love to know you ladies are praying for her. Her name is Donna. Prayers for all who are touched by this dreadful disease that belongs in the pits of Hell!

Diva
In response to 2xblessed

I fighting colon cancer that spred to my chest and back of intestine and I am fighting like a girl!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Yellielynn

We just found out well two or three weeks ago that my uncle has cancer.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to babigirl

I was diagnosed and made a survivor of ovarian cancer all in the same day. Stay strong!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to angie girl

Awesome Angie girl!
I just found out that my uncle (Mama's only living brother) may have bone cancer. The doctors are still testing him but, are fairly sure it is cancer. Breaks my heart. He has been through so much, including a son committing suicide (some say he was murdered), another one he never hears from and does not know where he is most of the time. He has also lost 2 wives to cancer. Please say a prayer for him.
I hate cancer! It has taken too many people I loved!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to 2xblessed

praying for Donna.....

this week is my week off from the chemo and now I have a rash that is getting worse! gotta love what you can't control!! trusting in Jesus..

Diva
In response to bears99

Amen. this is my chemo week, but from last Friday to yesterday I miss work because I was feeling too tired! Dealing with Colon Cancer.

Diva

I know the feeling. Trusting God all the way. I was diagnosed with Colon cancer stage IV after emergency surgery. Same situation abdominal pain..

Diva

Praying for great meeting with his oncologist. He will be fine. Mine was found at stage IV and I have been doind so well with my treatment that it has shortern and I wll be done in five months instead of six!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Praying for you all.

My unlce had to stop his chemo for a week his white blood count was to low. He started back up monday. I hope you all keep him in your prayers

Diva

It is no fun and as I battle Colon Cancer, you always wonder why me?

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

My youngest son (in my profile picture) is a cancer survivor. He's been in remission from Ewing's Sarcoma, a bone/soft tissue cancer, for almost a year now.

My mom is dying from breast cancer!! It had already spread to her bones, lungs and liver by the time it was found. She's not doing well and probably won't make it through the week.

STUPID STUPID CANCER!!!

Diva
In response to JayAndXansMom

Glad about your son. So sorry about your MOm. Prayers are on its way for peace, love and strenght for you and your Mom during this process.

Diva

I am dealing with Colon Cancer and chemo treatments. Best to have faith and a positive attitude, plus family and friends around you!

Diva
In response to CommaHolly

So sorry! Keeping you in my prayers!

Diva

Same case more or less like mine. I am dealing with Colon Cancer Stage IV with chemo treatmern. had surgery to remove mass out side the colon. The cancer spread to my chest and back of intestines. Trusting God in everything!

girlscout333
Resident
girlscout333

Angie, my mom had soft cell sarcoma. It's mostly a childhood disease I am told. Adults who have it do not survive. If memory serves me correctly that's not true for kids. Blessings to you and your family as you endure parking lots, waiting rooms, and long hours in a chair.

My mom had the most cutting edge treatments that allowed her to have another Christmas and Birthday. We buried her the second week of June, a beautiful blue sky.

Thanksgiving was hard. Putting up the Christmas tree was hard b/c so many ornaments were from her or made for her.

I purchased a juicer last Christmas. Health is the one thing I keep pursuing. Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is a documentary about one man's journey to health. It's on Netflix and I recommend it.

I digress. Just wanted to stop by and concur with you all: I HATE CANCER!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to girlscout333

Thanks everyone. Mom passed away on December 4th. It's hard. She was such an amazing person. My heart hurts most for my dad, my siblings and my kids. My parents were married for 35 years and together for 40. My siblings are 10 and 12 years younger than me. My sister is only 23--you shouldn't be without a mom at that age. No age is 'good'..but 23 is just too young. My kids, ages 11 and 7, shouldn't be without their beloved Nanny. STUPID STUPID CANCER!!!

Page 24 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics