Page 25 of 26 
Username Post: Cancer Sucks        (Topic#1529293)
Diva
In response to JayAndXansMom

I agree. Cancer is not nice to any one..and losing loves one is worst! I am battling Colon Cancer Satge IV. Completed my chemo treatments. Will see what will be showing on my next body scan. I am trusting God in everything and I declare healing over my body as well over those who are like dealing with this mean disease!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

My prayers go out to everyone fighting this awful disease and all their families and friends who support them.
2 years ago cancer entered our lives. In December 2010 my mom found out she had ovarian cancer. One month later I flew home when she had a hysterectomy and stayed with her through her recovery for a little over a month. After the surgery she learned she was at stage 4, with a very aggressive type of ovarian cancer. Her recovery was very painful but we made the best of it and spent the month hanging out, reading side by side and watching hours of TV and movies. During this time we decided as a family that she should go out to Memphis to stay with my sisters family while she recieved chemo (the 2 main reasons are she lived alone my dad passed in 03, and she lived in a very remote area).So in Feb '11 her and I made the drive to Memphis. I stayed with them for another few weeks while we met the new doctor, while she got her port in and went to her first chemo. At this time we tried to put in a compassionate reassignment with the Army to be relocated back to Colorado so she could move back home and we could care for her. In April we found out we were denied and being assigned to Germany. I was devestated and telling her was awful, but knowing she was with my sister and had an awesome doctor eased my mind. She was responding well to chemo and everymonth her count was dropping we were very encouraged. Right before the move we were able to take her home to Colorado for a month and had alot of great family time. For the rest of '11 and early '12 things were going great. So great that in May her levels were normal and her scan showed no signs of cancer. Every one breathed a huge sigh of relief for the first time in a year and a half and she was able to move home. Then just 2 months later she was having troubles breathing and was admitted to the hospital. After tests our worst fears happened, the cancer was back and in the lineing of her lungs. This time my other sister who's husband was deployed picked up her family and went home to be with my mom. It took a month before she was "healthy" enough for chemo again, but was only able to recieve a few treatments as things were not going well. She was having many issues and finally the doctors decided she had gall stones but at the time surgery wasn't an option becuase of meds she was on. So both chemo and surgery had to wait for a month. Things were going downhill fast and she couldn't keep any food down so it was back to the hospital for more tests. In Sept. I got the worst call of my life, with the news that there was another massive tumor on her intestines and there was nothing that could be done. 2 days later my children and I were on a plane home. The doctors said 2 weeks. All my siblings came to take her home for hospice. I was able to spend 3 weeks with her before we had to go home. They were the 3 most treasured weeks of my life. We talked, we laughed, we sat, we cared for my mother in ways I never fathomed. The day I left nearly broke me because I knew it was the last day I would see my mother on this earth. We didn't say goodbye though, we hugged and said we'll see eachother soon. I was able to talk to her on the phone a few more times after I got home, I had so much guilt I wanted to badly to be there with her. One week later all my family back home gathered to pray with her and at 4am on Sept 18th she left this earth to be with my dad again. I miss her terribly and the last 2 years were so hard. However the last 2 years were filled with so much love and some pretty amazing memories.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to BoBecca77

BoBecca! I have no words. Just

Diva
In response to 2xblessed

May God give the peace aof mind that you have been such a great daughter to her. You know you will see her in Heavens one day. I am battling Colon Cancer and having my daughters and family support means so much to me. I am done with chemo and started the second stage of my treatment with Avastin. Stage four of Colon Cancer. I keep a positive attide and trusting God in everything. I ahve declare healing over my body in Jesus name AMen!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to bayamonesa1

Thank You ladies I had a theraputic day SBing with Moxxies road to recovery pps. Cancer does suck, but I refuse top let it define my memories of my mom.

Bayamonesa...keep up your positive attitude, it is awesome to see!!!

Diva
In response to BoBecca77

Thank you..I need to stay positive! Good thoughts about keeping the best memories of your Mom and don't let Cnacer mess them up!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

:hugs: to you all. I've had a 'pity party' kind of day today. It's been exactly 8 weeks today since mom passed away. My day started with a text from a friend which included a picture of my mom that she found while cleaning out her house. I'm SO glad that she sent me the picture and I'm glad that she's still remembering my mom..but it made me sad just as much. I've cried on and off all day. It's just been 'one of those days'. I'll be better tomorrow!!

Diva

Hang in there..it is part of the process. Not easy to let go those who have been so special in our lives.

Bobbecca77 - The prayers, and positive attitute must stay with me if I want to win this battle in the name of Jesus! I really don't let negative thoughts to come to me...I can afford them! I want to live a long live cancer free to see my grandsons...and to make the best with my daughters. I wish I could see them settled and happy.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

It must be said again, cancer sucks Just talked to my sister and my 78 yr old grandma has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She has some testing to do tomorrow, then surgery next week. After surgery they plan on doing hormone replacement therapy instead of chemo because of her age.... Don't know anything about that, so I guess it's time to do a bit of research.

Diva
In response to BoBecca77

Prayers are on your way. Please keep us post it. I hate Cancer!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

Well just talked to my grandma, today is her 79th bday and wow I'm so happy to say her spirits are high. We had a great chat, she says she's not scared...just wish I wasn't an ocean away from her.

Diva
In response to BoBecca77

So good. Praying for you and her and the rest of the family!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

An update on my grandma. The surgery went well, and she only stayed 2 days after, never took any pain killer other then tylenol. I was amazed how well she did. Biopsies of lymph nodes showed nothing so it hadn't spread. She starts hormone replacment therapy this week. Thank You for the prayers.

Diva
In response to BoBecca77

So happy for you and your Grandma!

New Kid On the Block

December 9, 2012 was 12 years since I lost my dad to cancer. I still have days where memories or thoughts of him can trigger a river. I don't try to stop it though, I just work through it. I am just glad I have such great memories to do that. I miss him each and every day as if it were yesterday. He wasn't here for so many special things, especially walking my sister or I down the isle. But in my heart I feel he is always with me. I never thought at the age of 27 I would be burying my dad. He was only 50 and after losing him I realized just how young 50 is. Cancer Sucks!

Diva
In response to cnc33007

So sorry for such a loss. Cancer sucks! Living thru and having to worry about if I would see my grandsons grow up and be ther for my daughters is no fun either. I am trying to stay positive for them, but I can see the fear in their eyes. I wish they will have the sam hope and faith that everything will be fine in God's Name. Amen!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Just found this thread its so sad to hear all these terrible stories to you all. I was diagnosed what will be 10 years in September with Saliva Gland Cancer. I had one gland removed and then 20 sessions of Radiotherpy I'm one of the lucky ones and was given the all clear. This is my wish for all of you xxx

Anne

Diva
In response to Besneys

SUch blessing! I feel blessed as well. AFter chemo treatments, I have had two bosy scans showing no tumors! I believe in the power of prayer so I feel that I can say I am healed in the name of Jesus! Amen!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Thats wonderful xxxx

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Besneys

I haven't been around lately...life has been crazy. We just found out a few weeks ago that my son's cancer is back. sigh. Please pray for him. He just turned 8 years old and has been battling for 2 years. He was in remission for a while. The cancer was found in his lung and he had surgery on March 4th to remove it but he still has to have chemo again. We are trying to get him through the school year before we start treatment again.

Page 25 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics