Page 3 of 26 
Username Post: Cancer Sucks        (Topic#1529293)
scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to ScrappyHeather

• ScrappyHeather Said:
I am not here to try to argue. But I will say that Danielle is talking about someone in my family. He is a ver private man and I highly doubt that he gave HER permission to put his every move on the Internet. I doubt she even talked to him. I know for a fact that 2 o his son's are extremely irate that everything that has gone on as well as is going on with him is on the Internet and a public forum such as sb.c.
It is one thing to say that a friends family member is sick or has cancer and ask for prayers and thoughts but to tell of his every move should not be posted by her or anyone for that fact. They are a VERY private family and has already made I know yesterday that they do not want anything else, in detail posted on the Internet. This is a FAMILY Issue and only a family issue.
If your friend shared it with you then it should stay with you. As you said he gave his family premission o shre with loved ones and close friends and not for his every move to be posted on the Internet.

And none of us, well at least not me, I would not have known this if it had not been for YOU telling us.

I am a very private person. I've not even shared that I am a survivor with many people. If my friends had shared my story when I was dealing with cancer or even now that I am C-free, I would be glad to know that they reached out when they needed support, that they shared my story because it could help them or others.

I hope that you can see that Danielle meant no harm. And in the case of me personally, because she shared that info about a man even though he is unknown to me, I lifted a prayer for him.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75

well he managed to put in a full day. i told my younger children tonight. surprisingly they all seemed ok. i think it helps them that their brother is a cancer survivor. they are young and do not know anyone who has died from cancer. i think it is best for them to stay positive and optimistic. maybe i could learn something from my children. thanks for being here.

Reets
Reets 
Veteran
Reets
  • Reets on 02-28-10 09:39 PM
In response to abbynormaloh75

I totally agree with scrappycath. The man's name was not mentioned at all.. I told quite a few friends of mine too to keep him and his family in prayer through this time. Being a cancer survivor myself and walking my mom and dad through cancer, I was very appreciative that there were prayers going out from perfect strangers. No one knew who she was talking about until Heather said something. Heather, you need to let this go and just keep him in prayer. He, His family,and all of you dont need this drama. I think its great that she cared enough to post it, to get prayer going for him, without mentioning any names. She respected his privacy, it you that didnt, sorry to say.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to Reets

This is the last thing I am going to say about this. All I said is that the person is a family member of mine, so I too have kept his amonminity. As I have said, for her to come and say her friend's _______tfill in the blank) has cancer and please keep him in their prayers and thoughts is one thing for her to put his every move is wrong. I am not the only family member that has seen it nor am I the only one that is upset and angered by it. You can stick up for her all you want. I am saying to her from me and the rest of the family that everything happening with this man does not need to be broadcast on the Internet. This has been stated to others in the family that have done it to and it was clearly stated to the others. I am not the only person in the family or family friend that comes to this site. There are some here that know the 6 degrees of separation and it was really disturbing to get calls from people asking questions about this person. There are many of us that decided to keep it between ourselves until we found out a little more before we went to close friends.
Say what you will to me and about me but this is not just coming from me, it is coming from other family members too, a few other members.
We don't want things broadcasted on the Internet especially from someone who does not "know" him. She may have met him but she, by all mean, does not know him.

Reets
Reets 
Veteran
Reets
  • Reets on 03-01-10 04:54 AM

Well I can see that you just arent going to give it up. NO ONE KNEW WHO IT WAS.. dont you understand that part? She mentioned no names and stop making this all about you. THis is about a person who is dealing with cancer right now, and can use all the prayers that he and his family can get. YOu have NOT kept his anonimity.. you are the one who said who it was. You need to get off the soap box and perhaps just start praying for his full and complete recovery. THe time you waste arguing over who is right or wrong, and blaming other people could be spent praying for him.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to Reets

As I said in the last post, I am not saying anymore on the topic so you can keep talking all you want. (Sometimes I wish others would heed there own advice!)
I will say that I am praying for everyone of you that are going through cancer and/or have a loved one going through it. It is such a horrible disease; and it seems that no one can escape it these days.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Reets

Who remembers waaaay back when people just said 'taking it to pm...bbl'?

What a shame....anyway, I'm with Ria. It IS evil. I can't even talk about it it's so evil to me. But by the same token, I believe in miracles because I've seen it happen, and I'm a believer in the power of prayer.

I don't know if you've heard about this, but you may be able to look this up. I'm not sure when, but in recent times anyway, the Mayo Clinic did a study and found that patients that believed in a higher power and practiced prayer had a higher percentage of recovery than those that didn't. My aunt who lived with us and was actually the mother of my heart fought cancer from the time I was 2 until I was 17 back in the dark ages of treatment, and we believe that she got that time due to her faith, and everyone's prayers.

Reets
Reets 
Veteran
Reets
  • Reets on 03-01-10 05:20 AM
In response to RockStar

Oh you are absolutely correct flightobl. The power of positive thinking, prayer and faith has a lot to do with healing. Having a good support system is also important. But putting faith in your higher power is really important.Another important factor is stress. Keeping calm, meditating, and not having more stress added are key factors in all this.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 03-01-10 06:17 AM
In response to Reets

I probably won't be an active participant in this post since noone in my family is currently fighting this dreaded disease but our family has definately be slapped around some by cancer. My mom just passed her 5 year mark of being a breast cancer survivor. Many times my prayers include anyone going through the diagnosis and treatment of the disease. It can bring a family together or tear a family apart.

ON that note, I'll post the real reason I dropped in. I thought I'd leave a little note to check out my gallery for some pictures I posted that might bring a little smile to your face. Saturday night, my two kids, my niece and her boyfriend and my son's girlfriend formed a team for the local FFA chapter's Battle for the Cure. It is a fundraiser that all proceeds go to the cancer society. The FFA chapter absorbs all the costs so all the money from entry fees, admission, concessions, and free will donations go straight to the local Cancer Society. Our bunch of kids were "Team Granny Bonnie" and played in honor of my mom.........their team "uniforms" were truly unique and funny. It was a really fun evening that brought smiles to lots of peoples faces and raised quite a bit of money for the cause.

I just thought I'd brag about my brats just a little and hopefully give you a smile.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Reets

I just found out that Jen,a friend of mine from when I was younger ( a girl I became friends with through my exhusband) has lung cancer.. She is in stage 4, and still going through Chemo. She is just 2 years older than me and has 3 children 9 and younger. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers ladies.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to SQ Mandi

i hope that we can all let the anger go and get back to the real reason I started this thread. i just wanted to place to come and vent and share and pray and ask for prayer. ultimately it doesn't matter the right and the wrong. the real wrong is satan poisoning our bodies with this dreaded disease. i know that God has the ability to heal and that God has the ability to guide the doctors who care for our loved ones. Cancer is stressful enough to deal with IRL. For some of us, it is not a friend, or a FIL, or a fiance, or a co worker but it is THEMSELVES facing this horrible disease. For their sake please keep this thread drama free and used for the reason it was intended. If you are even unsure whether you should post something online, then please don't. remember this internet world is bigger than all of us and I wouldn't want to cause any undo stress or harm. In reality there is no such thing as privacy here. I am here because I love scrapping, and I felt that over the past couple of months I had made some great internet friends who would share in journey of possibly losing the greatest thing to ever happen to me and my kids. I can't get through this alone. I need you guys. I don't want to come online and find that someone left this thread when they needed us the most, because we can't all play in the same sandbox. So onto bigger and better things and hopefully a cure for all of our friends and family members.

just an FYI: I took my opinions to PM. So if you got one, you know how i feel. If you didn't, then it doesn't matter. I will not take sides on this forum. So please for the sake of those of us who need this forum to just wake up in the mornings, lets move forward. i love you all.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 03-01-10 08:57 AM
In response to Yellielynn

My sister is 30 and a single mother of 3. She found out she has advanced cervical cancer in December of last year. She also recently found that she has several spots on one of her hip bones that may be cancer as well. She is getting an MRI done tomorrow after having to jump through a million hoops for weeks while in pain before the insurance company would pay for it.

My family has been touched pretty heavily from cancer. My mom and my aunt as well as a lot of cousins have had breast cancer. My aunt died of leukemia when she was a teenager. My grandfather died of cancer. My sister's has been the hardest to deal with though. She is my sister and I can't imagine losing her. Nor do I want to think of my nieces and nephews growing up without their mom.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather

I totally agree. I am here to lend support to those that have cancer and are dealing with it in their personal lives. I am also looking out for the postitve outcomes from others. I pray for you all and your family members. I can say that we all have a positive outlook in our family that this will be overcome and beaten!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to CASBa

Cassie~ and prayers

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather

Cassie, I am so sorry for all the cancer surrounding you and your family. Your sister is in my thoughts and prayers.
I have a friend that is just in remission from stage 1 cervical cancer She has no children yet and is afraid that she will not be able to carry to term now. I tlod her that I would be a surrogate for her if she ever needed. She is like my sister, we have been friends, as well as our families, since we were about 3 or 4 years old.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to CASBa

• cschissell Said:
My sister is 30 and a single mother of 3. She found out she has advanced cervical cancer in December of last year. She also recently found that she has several spots on one of her hip bones that may be cancer as well. She is getting an MRI done tomorrow after having to jump through a million hoops for weeks while in pain before the insurance company would pay for it.

My family has been touched pretty heavily from cancer. My mom and my aunt as well as a lot of cousins have had breast cancer. My aunt died of leukemia when she was a teenager. My grandfather died of cancer. My sister's has been the hardest to deal with though. She is my sister and I can't imagine losing her. Nor do I want to think of my nieces and nephews growing up without their mom.

OH NO. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister. i think that is also one of my biggest fears. leaving our 4 children without a father. i know is only a step dad to my 3 but he is really the only father they have. my oldest son has NO relationship with his biological father and the other 2 are only minimally involved with him. But we are early on in this treatment and need to think positive. good thoughts and prayers. i will be praying for your sister that the spots are not cancerous and that she is on the road to healing.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 03-01-10 09:09 AM

Thanks everyone.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Yellielynn

my fiance's surgeon just called. he needs an ultrasound in addition to the ct scan. this is another general surgery. please say prayers that we get through this week.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to CASBa

My thoughts and prayers are with you Cassie and with your sister!

Huggss again Mandi~~~you sure didn't need that news too hon!

Mel~~great photos and it sure looks like they had a ball and for a great cause!

Angi~~~how are you today??? Is your Ron ok? I'm glad your children are accepting of this situation because you sure don't need that issue on top of handling the rest of it. I know my son said he wasn't telling his 2 (9 & 7 yr old) and I said that was fine. Just tell them Nonna is sick & that will be what they understand.

My thoughts, prayers, & hugggsss to all~~~

I told many people with weekend including friends. Truthfully it was hard but I kept a positive attitude especially with my sons. Both told me that everything I said after the word "cancer" was lost to the wind. I want to make this feel better for them (the mothering instinct) and they want to mother me now!

This week will be when I get more information on what is going on and when. Oncologist on Wed, surgeon on Thurs. After the shock of finding out my biggest problem is waiting for information.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75

this whole thing is kicking my butt. i am off to sleep a bit before anyone gets home. thanks for your prayers.

Page 3 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics