Page 6 of 26 
Username Post: Cancer Sucks        (Topic#1529293)
abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Huskymom

well the ct scan yesterday showed two spots in the liver that they need to biopsy tomorrow. when will this end??? i really am at the breaking point. thanks guys. please more prayers.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 03-03-10 11:04 AM
In response to Abby0317

You are very welcome! Best wishes to you! Please keep us updated!

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 03-03-10 11:09 AM
In response to scrappycath

Congratulations on almost 9 year cancer free! Gives me hope!

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 03-03-10 11:12 AM
In response to mizzgreenjeanz

I wish your mom the best throughout her treatment!

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 03-03-10 11:36 AM
In response to Hev

Angi I am keeping you in my thoughts. I pray everything is ok with your fiance.

We are waiting to hear the results of my sister's MRI from yesterday. Hopefully we hear sooner rather than later. The waiting and wondering is the hardest part.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to CASBa

Oh Angi~~~I'm sending many many huggss and I agree totally with Raquel~~scream in the car, pound on that steering wheel and let the stress go or you will end up being the sick one. I feel so bad for Ron and all that is being handed to him but with your help he will pull thru... You just need to be strong for everyone. Sucky and it's a load and a half to carry girl! You know you have us to help you however we can.

It's dr day for me and hopefully we'll get some answers~~~and truthfully, I really am scared at what the oncologist is going to say. It can't be real until a dr says so ~~~ right???

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Abby0317

please let us know what the dr says. i am trying to be strong. but it is soo hard. i feel soo overwhelmed right now. i think i may need to ask for help with my depression. i just can't do anything but sleep and cry lately. i hate this. i hate this...i really fricking hate this.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to create4sanity

• create4sanity Said:
I AM A SURVIVOR!! I was diagnosed in May, 2002 with stage III breast cancer. I had 8 malignant lymph nodes. Had a complete radical masectomy on the left side. They removed 26 lymph nodes. I had six months of chemo and 37 radiation treatments. I took Arimidex for 5 years. My cancer was hormone positive which means that all the years of taking hormone replacement therapy was what caused the cancer. I went through genetic testing and am BRAC 1 and BRAC 2 negative. This means is was not inherited. Do not ever take HRT for menopause - just tough it out.

I had had mamograms every year and had one in January of that year - 4 months later massive breast cancer! When the dr. told me, of course, I cried and about went crazy. About 15 minutes later, I told God that I could not handle this and I was giving it to him to take care of how ever he saw fit. I felt at complete peace and have been ever since. Not to say that there were days that I was discouraged, especially when I puked everyday and still gained weight (from the meds.). My story is a long one and I don't want to bore everyone with it. I just want to say to everyone to find their faith, trust in God, except the help from others, and keep positive.
Also a word of warning, you probably will lose some friends because they just don't know what to do. Don't be bitter at them for this. Try not to worry about the money part. That will not be easy but your life is worth more than any amount. My whole treatment from start to ending was almost $500,000. My insurance paid most of it and the cancer clinic accepted what the insurance paid and I paid very little. I praise God everyday for this. I do not let cancer rule my life and it is not my identifying factor. Odds are that it will return somewhere. If is does, I will deal with it again. One day at a time. I am strong, happy, and I will survive!

I would love to counsel anyone with beast cancer - believe me , I have heard and seen it all. Please PM me and we can talk that way or I will give you my phone number. Stay brave and positive!

Bless you!

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity
In response to RockStar

The doctors can tell if your breast cancer is hormone positive or not by testing. You should find out so that you can avoid any kind of female hormone in the future. Did you know that soy and flax seed are natural hormones and your body can't tell the difference. I try to avoid both those if I can. I have 2 daughters and 4 granddaughters and I had to know if I carried the gene - that is why I had genetic testing. Both my daughters are on natural birth control and I so encourage everyone to not take HRT.

I am going to start a special prayer notebook for this site - anyone else want to join me? That way when I have my quiet time I can pull out my notebook and have everyone listed.

There is nothing wrong with taking sedatives or depression medication during this trying time. It is almost too much to bear and if meds can help you, then go for it. Don't try to be the bravest person on earth. This is tough - it is OK to cry - just try real hard to be positive and supportive. This disease really does suck!!! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to abbynormaloh75

• abbynormaloh75 Said:
please let us know what the dr says. i am trying to be strong. but it is soo hard. i feel soo overwhelmed right now. i think i may need to ask for help with my depression. i just can't do anything but sleep and cry lately. i hate this. i hate this...i really fricking hate this.

there's nothing wrong with asking for help when you need it honey,,,,,hugs. I wish I had more advice,,,,just know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you,,,,,

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to CommaHolly

Angi--- You have taken on sooooo much here with just being a mom, a job, and now all the hardship and unpredictable emotions with the cancer, etc. Your body is telling you something. Listen to it...get help whether it's in dr form, medication form, or just "time out". You also need to find the happiness in your life again. I know that's hard right now but it will help. This all doesn't have to rest on solely your shoulders. A priest, pastor, rabbi would all be good listeners and helpful to you. A support group that can help you with little things even. Please take care of you!!! And maybe you really do need to cry...then cry a lot and after that a good hot bubble bath. Then find that phone & get the rest of the help that you feel you need.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

My oncologist visit today re-confirmed that I have this...dang it!
BUT...right now out of the 4 levels I have the one that is the best to have if you have to have this. Won't know about chemo or radiation until after the surgery, which could be as early as next week (that info should come tomorrow). They will dye the lymph nodes and see if there's a problem while I'm having surgery and then blood work, liver tests, hormone tests, etc. So no really bad news just a few tidbits that I need to study more about. And a drug called Efferox---don't know why but I'll find out.

Huggss to all~~~

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Abby0317

My mom flew in today from Massachusetts,,,,My sister had a mammogram and has a lump that's growing,,,,,,it might be nothing,,,,I pray it's nothing,,,,,,

but she has everything else,,,,EVERYTHING,,,,,sh e has brittle diabetes, a heart condition (serious), had a failed kidney transplant, blind in one eye, and she can't feel her hands or feet,,,diabetes SUCKS about as bad as cancer,,,and had pre-cancerous cells on her cervix 6 months ago,,,,

for crapps sake, enough is enough,,,,,,,the LAST FREAKING THING SHE NEEDS IS BREAST CANCER,,,,,with her heart condition, it's freaking DANGEROUS for her to even get put UNDER.

UGH, I'd take it from her if I could,,,she's gone through enough.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to CommaHolly

Holly, i am soo sorry about your sister. i too pray that this is nothing. she has certainly had her share of ******** to deal with. she is lucky to have you as a sister. please keep us updated. she will be lifted up in prayer as well.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 03-04-10 06:51 AM

Holly I am sorry about your sister.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to CASBa

well we leave here in about 20 minutes for more surgery to see how far the cancer has spread. lets pray for some good news. i really need it. thanks guys. i will be back when i can. its gonna be another long day for me.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Hugs and continued prayers to all...and Donna, you are an inspiration and an excellent source for information.

Thumbs up for the support group suggestion.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to RockStar

Good luck Angi~~~!

Awww Holly! Sending many huggss to you and many prayers for your sister. Diabetes (which I also have) is a silent steady killer. And even when you think you are being good --- bam! I am so sorry it has caused her so much illness. Has she had her biopsy yet? Let's just hope it's only a cyst and give her a break!

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity
In response to Abby0317

Good morning! It is a beautiful sunny day - 50 degrees and no snow for a change. I am so ready to get outside and just feel the sun on my face. One good thing about cancer - it makes you appreciate every day and even the small things in life. Hope everyone gets good news today and the load get a little lighter. STAY STRONG!!

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity
In response to create4sanity

Holly - Makes you wonder why so many bad things can happen to one person. She must be a pillar of strength to withstand so much. She sounds like she is an inspiration to everyone around her. You are lucky to have her for a sister and I so sorry she is so sick. I will pray that the lump is only a cyst. What is her first name?

Page 6 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics