Username Post: Cancer Sucks        (Topic#1529293)
ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to abbynormaloh75

OMG! Angi, I am so sorry for you, Ron and the rest of the family. I pray for you and your family. Miracles happen everyday. If you need to talk I am here.
Sorry, I have not been around but I have been dealing with a few personal issues; plus DH was away from Friday til Monday late afternoon so I was alone with the girls and they ran me ragged! By the time they went down for the night I would talk to DH for a bit then go to sleep.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to ScrappyHeather

Oh Angie, I'm so sorry about the news.
Whatever his faith is, maybe it's time for him to reach out. Where science ends, faith begins.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to RockStar

at least we know what we are dealing with. we need to take it one day at a time and right now for me that means one hour at a time. i can't keep allowing this to eat me alive. i don't know if that sounds harsh, but i have been so overcome with grief that i havent allowed myself time to live.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

All I can say is not to look too far ahead, just keep doing what you're doing for yourself and your family by putting one foot in front of the other and don't look past that...we did it in my family for fifteen years, this after my loved one was supposed to not even make it into the recovery room after the first operation.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to RockStar

Everyone's right Angi~~~and like my Dr said too~~one day at a time and one problem at a time.
Miracles do happen and you both need to believe in that & each other to get thru this.
You know we are all here for you....!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Abby0317

Angi honeypie,,,,,one MINUTE at a time if that's what it takes, sweetie,,,,,

just get through it, however you can,,,,we're here for you,,,,

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to CommaHolly

thank you guys. we made it through PICC placement this AM and hopefully this will last until they can place the port on the 22nd. i haven't cried yet today...LOL....i guess that is a good thing. now i just he could take a day off work to sit and talk and laugh and maybe even have a date. LOL...oh well...i don't even remember what a date is anymore.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75

i made it through my first day without crying. That is a start. i actually went shopping and spent wayyy too much on scrapping stuff, but i figure i deserve it. i need to get my mind onto something else. he starts chemo and radiation on monday and i really want to just have a normal weekend. so far, so good. we are going out together around noon today, so i am excited about that. not that we are doing anything special. just hanging out. he works usually from 9am to midnight. so whenever we can get a couple hours in the afternoon i take em.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Good for you! I think doing normal things and being "in the moment" helps a lot! Hope you had a peaceful fun time and that tomorrow is passes quickly for you.
Huggss~~~

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Abby0317

Thinking of you today, Angi,,,,,,

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75

thank you so much. we FINALLY got home from the hospital. chemo and radiation today. got some good news FINALLY...while the cancer has progressed to his liver making it a stage 4, it has not gotten to his lung. So thank GOD for small positives today. he is tolerating everything well and seems to be ok. i am getting ready to take him into work. broke my heart today to see my son react so sadly to the chemo pump and sharps containers, and biohazard stuff that is now in our home. i think it just makes it all too real for a 12 yr old. i tried to reassure him, but he is soo scared and worried and just wants the Dr. to take it all out. if only it was that simple.

if u aren't on any only threads of mine, i did complete a layout this weekend...it is in my gallery titled Emily. my dd age 10. she was nine in the photo. TFL

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Well thank GOD for small miracles!!!!!!!!!

Have you thought about a few sessions of counselling for the children??? It's not nearly the same thing, of course, but when we had a house fire, we had just a few sessions of counselling for the children about the loss and it really helped them deal with it and get some of their confusion and pain out,,,,,,,

the counselor was wonderful,,,,,,,

it might help them and give them a safe place to talk about their fear and pain and confusion.

It's a thought anyway,,,,,,,,,

Hugs,,,,,so glad DF did well today,,,,,,,thinking of you,,,,

getting nervous about my sister's biopsy tomorrow, and thinking of Terry and her lumpectomy tomorrow,,,,,,,,

How you doing Terry??????????? Check in will you???

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-15-10 01:53 PM

so glad to hear your news

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 03-15-10 05:28 PM

I'm glad to hear it hasnt spread to his lungs!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Hev

HI guys__
Sorry I had so much to get done before tomorrow!
Holly--sending my hopes, prayers, & huggss for you and your sister. May it be good news! And thanks for asking about me. Surgery is tomorrow and I'm still expecting to be home sometime around supper ~~I Hope~~! I will check in and let everyone know.
Angi~~so glad it went well. I agree with Holly that counseling~~even a pastor or priest~~would help the children immensely.

The good news I got today is so simple...I can eat up to 6AM tomorrow which means I get to have my Latte before we leave for the hospital!!! Such little pleasures...

Huggss!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Abby0317

Terry, saying prayers for you before I go to bed in the morning (I work the night shift here) when I say them for my sister,

and I hope to hear some good news from you as soon as you feel well enough to post an update (or perhaps you can have a good friend or a daughter or someone pop on to post how you are feeling),,,,,

Please take care, know we are all thinking of you and holding your cyber hand

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75

there is an organization here that they say is wonderful for children, so we have been looking into it a little bit. we were cautioned about starting therapy/counseling too soon, because sometimes their anxiety is caused by unknowns and even a counselor can't help with that...so to speak...also my son is autistic so his mood swings vary with the hour. we did tell his therapist that he sees for his autism about what is going on, so i am positive he will be helping him as well. now that we have all the staging tests in and a course of treatment, it will be easier to get the kids into counseling as they need it. i hope that makes sense. they all just have different needs and trying to accomodate 4 children with 4 different counselors and 4 different appointments, is going to prove most difficult. but we will find a way. we are just taking it day by day right now...there is no other way to do it.

i hope that everything goes smoothly for your lumpectomy. but it is a great thing to be able to have that latte. a small comfort, a small piece of normal.

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity

Isn't it funny that even such little things are a victory when you are facing cancer? The good thing that came out of my experience is that I really appreciate life a lot more and notice things that I never saw before. Also, things don't bother me much anymore - I am more mellow. However, I don't think it had the same effect on my family - especially my hubby and daughter. I guess it is actually harder on the ones watching then on the person with cancer. I would have a real hard time if my hubby or children had to deal with it. I am glad it was me and not them. Good luck to everyone facing tests and surgery this week. STAY STRONG!!!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to create4sanity

Just thought I'd check today since I did stay overnight in the hospital.
It turned out that just before surgery when they were inserting the sentinel wire & dye, they found a second lump. That was a bit of a shock to everyone. Plus the titanium hook went missing and she (the surgeon) had to find that too. So surgery itself lasted twice as long. Good news is that none of the lymph nodes were infected. Yeah on that score!
I also had a bad reaction to the anesthesia after surgery. They had a hard time waking me up, my glucose reading was high, the BP was all over the place, and then I was spewing fluids everywhere. Considering this all happened for 2 hrs I decided to stay in the hospital.
I'm great now~~~home again too. Now it's waiting for the pathology report.

Thank you all for the prayers and caring...such means a lot to have people help you thru this crisis!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Abby0317

Glad this part is behind you, and thank you for keeping everyone in the loop. Thoughts and prayers for all, now please go get some rest!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics