Username Post: Need Advice on Vintage/Rememberance Page        (Topic#1529571)
amyers_79
Veteran
amyers_79

Hi All! I've been away from sb.com for awhile and am thrilled to be back. I am currently working on a layout about my hubby's grandfather who passed away a year ago. I always knew I wanted to do a layout about him but have been so afraid to try. I wouldn't want to disrespect his memory in any way and still consider myself an amateur. Anyways, I have never done a layout like this. I usually use bright bold colors and would love advice or even if you could share examples would be great. I have a few things in mind but was just wondering what you all thought. Thanks in advance!!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to amyers_79

First, sorry for your loss. My husband passed away note quite six months ago and I've been working on his memorial album. I don't think that you need to keep it muted or vintage-looking, unless that is really the look you are going for. If it is, Graphic 45 has some GORGEOUS vintage style papers. Prima has some understated flowers that coordinate really well, too. I really like the look of Tim Holtz' metal embellies on vintage pages, too. I love distressed edges, which you can create with an edge distresser, a pair of scissors, or by burning the paper. I've linked some products below that might give you some ideas.

If you like one of the products, go to the product page and you can see examples there. HTH!

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to siameseplease

So sorry for your loss. When my grandfather passed away (two years in may) I knew I wanted to do a special page for him. They played the song "ships of heaven" by Blackhawk at the funeral and knew the lyrics would be perfect on a page. Here is my example:
ships of heaven By Anthonysgirl

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics