Username Post: adhesive for prima flowers....        (Topic#1529815)
retrospect
Veteran
retrospect

I used my new prima flowers last night for the first time.... but found it weird that there was no adhesive on them.... they were wild type flowers like real dried out flowers ( not the plastic type kind.) And not sure if I like them yet.... I love the way they look but dont like how bulky they were. I used my terrifically tacky tape ( the round kind with red backing) and was wondering what else everyone else has used for adhesive that works good. Thanks.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to retrospect

I'm a tacky glue junkie. It never fails me!
Products Referenced in This Post:

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to byondbzr

Glue dots, all the way. Love them and no need to wait for them to dry.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to siameseplease

for some of those flowers glue dots and tacky glue weren't working. I have been using Fabri-Tac...but let me tell you...once you glue something with that....you will never get it off...you are committed. But it holds fabric, felt, everything.

Robinzberdz
Diva
Robinzberdz
In response to Nancy Keslin

I use Zip Dry for all my flowers. Works like a charm, and if you have to take them off for any reason, you can get them off without ripping the paper.

retrospect
Veteran
retrospect
In response to Robinzberdz

Thanks ladies..... and I love that Aleene's glue too! Dont know why i didnt think of using it

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 03-05-10 10:10 AM
In response to retrospect

I usually use zots brand glue dots.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Hev

I found that glue dots don't work well for mulberry flowers since they peel off the layers of paper and the flower falls off. I like 3D Foam Squares--they work really well! I just stumbled upon using them one day when a glue dot was not within reach.

If a flower is being really tricky I will use some E6000! LOL

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to Jennifer Priest

I tried using glue dots on this type of flower, & it made a big mess--the flowers crumbled to pieces when I tried to peel them up off the backing. Appreciate all the good ideas from you all, as I still have a couple of the flowers left....

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to GemGirl

Glue dots, or alternatives like a brad or eyelet for a center.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to NoirCat

THE BEST GLUE EVER. Super tacky right out of the bottle, fine writing tip, can make your own glue dots with it--and dries super fast.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics