Username Post: Fiskars Shape cutter tips?        (Topic#1530033)
JohannaR
Tenant
JohannaR

I am using (or trying to at least) the Fiskar's shape cutter to cut pictures and cardstock and it does not seem to work. It seems to leave a line where it is supposed to cut the pictures but it does not cut them at all. It worked fine when I first bought it and I have even replaced the blade but the results are horrible. For paper and cardstock it does cut but leaves a few sections that are not completely cut.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to JohannaR

Have you got the blade far enough down? I found that when I adjusted my blade so that it was further down to give a deeper cut, it worked perfetly.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to SuperAllyFan

Make sure you blade is in correctly, adjust it lower, and make sure you are using the template correctly. There is a right and wrong side. The name Fiskars should be where you can read it.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Ms Jackie

^^yep, make sure the template isn't wrong side up.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Here Kitty

Everyone's suggestions here are right on target. Other tips are to hold the cutter like you would hold a computer mouse. Also, the Fiskars cutter does not easily go through heavy cardstock. When using heavy cardstock, expect to go over the area a few times, or do some additional hand-cutting for the missed spots.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Luvmyfam

I love this tool. You can adjust the depth of the blade...try to lower it down some more.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to angie girl

I have owned these for years, but have not used them. With your advice I will have to put them to use.

JohannaR
Tenant
JohannaR
In response to JohannaR

Thanks for the tips. I will check on my cutter and continue practicing!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to JohannaR

One more suggestion.....Fiskars has very good customer service. If all else fails, give them a call. The intake person will give you suggestions, and if needed, give you instructions for replacement in the event that you have a faulty unit.

Both Ms. Jackie and I are Certified Fiskars Demonstrators.....so PM either of us if you have any more questions.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to JohannaR

I got real frustrated with mine till I realized I had the template upside down.

There's lots of good videos on youtube!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics