Username Post: what book do you prefer?        (Topic#1530095)
shally
shally 
Resident
shally

I have only been scrappin for a few years and i hate having to take apart my book to add pages..so i'm thinking about going to a 3 ring binder. Is this a bad decision? What do you prefer and what brand? I don't want to buy garbage-or something i will end up throwing away..so what is something that you have and have absolutely loved...TIA!!!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to shally

I use American Crafts D-Ring albums, LOVE them! You can fit so many layouts in them, and they're so easy to use.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Here Kitty

I gave up on post-bound a couple years ago, after nearly mutilating an album because the post was in crooked and I couldn't get it out. so now I have a 3-ring frmo we r memorykeepers, and I also have a couple albums from "scrap it simple" that use velcro and ties that I really like. they're both so much easier!

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
In response to Tina scraps

I'm thinking of switching to 3-ring also. I hate adding pages and post extenders! Plus, I scrap bulky so the pages never sit flat in a post-bound.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to ScrapHappyStArLIGhT

I switched over to the American Crafts D-ring albums, and I LOVE them! I don't plan on ever going back to post bound!

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 03-08-10 02:33 PM
In response to luv2scrap:)

I am also switching the American Crafts D-Ring albums. I hate postbounds!

sunshineann
Resident
sunshineann
In response to CASBa

I have always used the post bounds, and when i went to check out the D-ring albums, it never shows what it looks like opened up...Any suggestions?

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to sunshineann

I just changed to Dring and love it - I can get so many pages in it

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to SuperAllyFan

I love my 3 ringed albums from We Are Memory Keepers. I just love them because I can add pages, they hold tons, and they're such pretty colors. Another plus is that the covers could be wiped off (I think) as opposed to cloth covers. Just my opinion.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to scrappin 2

Has anyone had issues to the holes of the pages breaking in either of these albums? Didn't know how much stress the page protectors (the holes of them) could take. I like that post bound ones "hold on" to the edge of the page protector to help keep it stationary so the holes don't break.

FYI: By holes breaking, I kinda like what happens when the holes tear on filler paper in a binder...and you end up reinforcing every page with those tacky white circles.

Hope you gals KWIM.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to angie girl

I started using the American Crafts D-ring binders last month and I love them. I've left all the layouts I did before in the postbound albums and I think I'll still use post-bound for 2-page layouts because I don't care for the large space between the pages in the binders. But I LOVE the binders for single-page layouts- they are easy to add pages to and really accommodate thick pages. It doesn't look to me like the holes would rip very easily, but maybe someone who has used them longer could comment on that.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics