Username Post: Best Type of Scrapbook?        (Topic#1530613)
Tenant

What do you feel is the best type of scrapbook...post-bound, strap-hinge, 3-ring? I first got into scrapping in 2004 and bought several strap-hinge albums that year. I haven't done much the past few years but am ready to get back into it. The strap-hinge albums are not easy to find. I'm thinking of switching to post-bound because there are so many more options.

I'm looking to see what others find to be best. Do you stick with all the same type album, or do you mix and match depending on the subject you are scrapping? I have this compulsion that I want everything to be the same, but it seems that may be very unrealistic given how things change with time.

Edited by mcmomuv4 on 03-15-10 09:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to mcmomuv4

D-ring all the way!! SO much easier than strap hinge or post bound!!!

Ruthiez
Pro
Ruthiez
In response to JayAndXansMom

I totally understand the compulsion to have everything the same. I think this is something that is a personal preferance. I happen to be a big fan of past bound. for one thing, I think I can get prettier albums in them. I guess you have to find what you feel comfortable with.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-16-10 02:53 AM
In response to Ruthiez

I prefer the post bound, the three rings albums are just so much bigger and stick out of the bookcase even further than the post bound do.

You might try using Pioneer - Scrapbook Binding System - Snap Load to replace the posts. They also have albums that already come with this system.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to KimKV

Seem to just buy albums that I am attracted to visually. Unfortunatly, they are usually the ones that are the hardest to add pages to. If I was going to switch my method, I might keep that in mind. Most albums do not come wiht enough pages.

Tiff

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to mcmomuv4

I have switched over to D-ring all the way!
I used to use strap-hinge and have about 20 of them on my shelves, but now I'm going with D-Ring and love it!
I personally don't like patterned scrapbooks, so the WeRMemory Keepers leather fit right in with my decor. I have all my strap-hinge on shelves in one set of shelves and my D-ring are being put in another set of shelves.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Legomom

I used to only use Creative Memories albums, but now I usually go with the 3-ring ones. I like 3-D embellishments and I can put more pages into the D ring albums without them gaping from being too thick. I don't mind having a bunch of different kinds of albums. Post-bound albums are usually the prettiest, so I use those for scrapping a special event like a vacation or Bar Mitzvah.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to madmatter

I use d-ring, but that's just because I'm lazy and post bound are a pain in the ear.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to lisymarie

I'm moving over to the American Crafts D-Ring Albums. I was a post bound person but am tired of wrestling with 10 lb books to fit in one more page--with a D Ring I can slip in an extra page easy!

hth

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to mcmomuv4

I'm a post bound scrapbooker. i love doing double lo's- and with the post bound- you don't see a gap in between. the only one (or 2 actually... because it's huge) i have as a d-ring- is my 365 for 2009. it's so huge i didn't want to put it in a post bound...

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to AnthonyBeldt

3 ring all the way, when I 1st started I found a really good deal on post bound bought several bad call

scrapinmomof4
Veteran
scrapinmomof4
In response to Brandilynn

3 ring! I try to stay chronologically organized and this helps so much! I love how easy it is to change or add pages.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to scrapinmomof4

I use post bound because I can usually find them at Big Lotts for a pretty good price.

vivasuzi
Tenant
vivasuzi
In response to Peridotskies

I use post-bound - Kolo with cloth hinged pages is my brand of choice. But I also don't scrapbook as much as a lot of ppl here. I scrapbook major events in a timeline fashion in my book, so I'm only on the second one. I like my scrapbooks to be like a book when they are done, something people can flip through and enjoy the "story" of my life.

Expert
In response to vivasuzi

I use mostly post-bound and haven't had many problems with them. I have one strap-hinge (CM) and I really don't care for it because it seems very hard to get the strap tightened after I've added pages to it. I keep seeing all of the wonderful comments about the D-ring, but I too am concerned about the length of the album, and the space in between the pages because I've started being "OK" with cutting a picture to span a 2 page LO if necessary.

Tenant
In response to HuskerMom98

Thank you all for sharing! My friend who introduced me to scrapbooking only uses strap-hinge because she had so much trouble with post-bound albums falling apart, but I really like the variety of albums you can find that are post-bound. I do mostly 2-page layouts, so I also like the fact that they lay flat with little gap between them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics