Username Post: Best pen to use?        (Topic#1530827)
whenitrains
Tenant
whenitrains

I really need to get some better pens than the ones I currently use if I'm writing things so does anyone have any suggestions? Going to the best scrappin' shop in the county on saturday so planning a big shop xD

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to whenitrains

What are you using these pens for? I like my Sharpie pens because they write on just about any surface, and I love a good fine point. It's good for journaling and labeling things. I use AC Slick Writers when I want a bigger point. Uniball Signo is the best white gel pen I've found for writing on dark papers. I also like Sakura Stardust gel pens for a touch of glitter in a small area.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to traceyjean

yes, what she said

whenitrains
Tenant
whenitrains
In response to Tina scraps

Thanks for that traceyjean I did think about getting Sharpie's so I think I'll get a few of those maybe.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to whenitrains

But I thought Sharpie was not acid-free...is it acid-free?

I use these pens pictured below plus Copic Multi-Liners.

HTH!

Tenant
In response to Jennifer Priest

It's very useful and important topic to discussion about best pens for scraping. Actually i also wanted to know about such pens.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to allisa1

I use Zig pens.

flightgirl
Veteran
flightgirl
In response to dotfree

I'm on the signo white pen bandwagon!

My handwriting is not the best, and I have found that me and gel/glitter pens do not really get along. I do love the zig pens for journaling AND stamping. Lots of colors to choose from.

And I was looking on sharpies website, and it looks like just the waterbased sharpies are acid free! (I'd better go check mine!)

simply paper
Mayor
simply paper
In response to flightgirl

Sakura for me!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to simply paper

I like regular Sakura gel pens. I can't use anything that stays wet very long as I'm left-handed, but if I'm doing something little, or accents on die-cut letters, the Sakura glitter ones are nice.

I tried out the Sakura Glaze pens and was unimpressed. I wouldn't mind having a black one and a white one for stitching effects, but they're smeary and not for journaling and I don't need that kind of dimension and shine.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to aquabunny

1.Sakura Stardust for really sparkly glitter writing
2. Copic Multiliners for everyday use (journaling, doodles)
3. Signo Uniball White pen (A MUST HAVE!)
4. Zip Photo pen for writing on slick surfaces.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics