Username Post: Tags...        (Topic#1531227)
KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee

I would love to start making some fun tags...
Not only to include in my lo's but also to use for other uses too.

Where have you found your tags? I'm looking for manila (I think!) tags and have only found them at office supply stores sold by the case (@1,000). Not only are they a bit pricey (I don't think I'll use that many in 5 yrs!) but they don't sell a large sized tag.

Any ideas?? I'd love to hear ALL of your suggestions!

Thanks!!!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 03-25-10 10:36 AM
In response to KayMCee

I make my own out of leftover scraps most of the time. One made from heavy cardstock or chipboard makes a good stencil.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to j3Mel

I make my own also.

I have different tag templates I use. I have a tag punch as well.

To make a tag, simply cut a rectangle shape. Snip off one side at an angle, take the cut off piece, turn over, and use as a template to cut the same amount off the opposite corner.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Bxr-Linda

I make mine too

Tenant
In response to KayMCee

I make my own too. Use inks to distress or give them a leather look. I use leftover manila file folders to make mine.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to 48dragonfly

I make mine and also have the Creative Memories tag punch.

Charlena
Idol
Charlena
In response to chile_chicken

My cricut has a tag cartiage . Plus I make my own just cut a shape and add a hole punch.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Charlena

Another person who makes their own.

Being that you mentioned that you are looking for manilla ones, why not create some out of manilla folders.

Other ideas...kraft-colored paper...cardstock...chipboard...and or remember that through the magic of inks, mists, paints, etc, you can always take it a step further and alter them to your own liking!

The possibilities are endless & you can literally make a ton in just 1 sitting!

Hope That Helps!

Katlady
Veteran
Katlady
In response to KellyCali

I love fancy tags! But, besides putting on a LO what do you use them for? Do people collect them? I would love to make them but then what?

Kathy

scrapdolly66
Resident
scrapdolly66
In response to Katlady

I love fancy tags too. I make them for my LO, card fronts and gift tags. Everyone that receives them loves them. I also use them as book marks. Some hang from the bindings of my albums on my book shelves. If you use/make bigger tags you can bind them at the "hole" and make a great "tag" book of any theme. I have made a recipe book with each page being a fancy tag on one side and the recipe on the other. And on and on and on. Have fun with 'em. They are my favorite.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to scrapdolly66

I make my own too. I have a TON of Sizzix dies for tag-making - 5 Ellison dies with three sizes on each, a set of four Sizzlits with two tiny tags on each, a few tag Clearlits. Some of my Cricut cartridges have tag features but I haven't really used them yet.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 03-25-10 07:17 PM
In response to aquabunny

I have some of those "manilla" tags that you are talking about and I am trying to remember where the heck I bought them! I want to say it was a pack of 100 maybe. I'm thinking it had to be an office supply store, but not 100% sure. I know I'm not much help! lol If I remember, I'll be sure to let you know

Jessica_
Guru
Jessica_
In response to Lal

Check some of these out as well:

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Jessica_

I have made them in the past using Sizzix dies and Sizzix machines, now I can also make them using the Cricut.

Scrappy_Angel
Resident
Scrappy_Angel
In response to dotfree

I just bought a pack of 100 manila tags at Staples for about $5 Canadian They're great and I love experimenting with them.

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to Scrappy_Angel

Thanks for the ideas! I just got an E & have a few carts. One of them has a tags option I'm going to play around with.

You're all awesome!!

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to KayMCee

you can get the shipping tags at staples, office depot or office max. they aren't to expensive.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics