Username Post: Journaling pens        (Topic#1531265)
Tenant

Last question from me tonight! Does it have to be something special? Or will any pen do? I just want a basic black pen for the pages I have done so far but am wondering if the pens I have lying around the house are good enough.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to CaryHaven

You should make sure it is acid free and color fast. Regular ink pens probably aren't that great. I have been thinking of buying the new Sharpie writing pens.

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to CaryHaven

I love my zig black pen for journaling. I keep one in black and red in my crop bag all the time.
Products Referenced in This Post:

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to DaisyButton

The zigs are fantastic.

I use a lot of dark background papers -- if you are needing a white pen, this one is the best. I made a lot of mistakes and spent a lot on white pens before I found this one.

Tenant
In response to ncyankee

Awesome - thanks! I am going to try the Zig I think. And thanks for recommending a white pen! I love white or metallic on dark but was afraid to even try to find one. This makes it so much easier.

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to CaryHaven

Zig, Sakura Micron and Signo (for white) is my choices!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to StrawberryPia

I echo earlier comments about zig pens. If you want to write on acrylic (I have a bunch of maya road acrylic journaling spots), you'll need sharpies or some other pen that won't smudge.

and the signo white pen ROCKS!! and there are actually other color signo pens too. check out jetpens.com. a bunch of friends and I went in on a couple boxes of the white signo - ended up being only $2.25 or something per pen, instead of $4!

Edited by Tina scraps on 03-26-10 05:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Tina scraps

Just make sure it is acid free and from a reputable company-- I got one from a mail order company one time that said acid free and in less than 6 months there were yellow rings around my writing.

Some of my faves are listed below

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to CaryHaven

another really cool journaling pen I recently discovered are these "glaze" pens. When they dry they are slightly raised and glossy like a poor man's embossing or I should say lazy scrapbooker's embossing

so if you want the look of embossing, without the fuss, try these pens
black works REALLY good and is opaque
other colors are translucent

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I like Zig pens in different gauges.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to dotfree

And the Zigs last forever. I have pens from more than 10 years ago that I still use.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to NMlady

I love my zig pen! Out off all the pens I have (in several colors) I use my black zig pen the most and now I recently purchased a white signo pen! I wish I found it before I wasted money and time on other brands of white ink pens. I love how it writes on dark colors... It really pops out!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

Sakura Micron with a real fine tip is my favorite. It comes in several colors.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-27-10 07:06 AM
In response to CaryHaven

• CaryHaven Said:
Last question from me tonight! Does it have to be something special? Or will any pen do? I just want a basic black pen for the pages I have done so far but am wondering if the pens I have lying around the house are good enough.

Is this an art journal? Have you painted on the pages? if so, then the pens will make a difference. There aren't that many pens that will write on paint.
Sharpie will work, and copics will work, tho I had a problem with copics bleeding thru my paper, so I don't use them. I really like Sharpie paint pens, you also have to be careful about the brands of paint pens you get too, some of them run and aren't good for writing. I bought some bic pens too, but I haven't tried them yet. Mostly, I think it's trial and error...Good Luck!

Tenant
In response to rtay

Thanks everyone....got the Zig black - love them! Waiting on the Signo white..... The copics look intriguing but WOW the cost. I'm saving up for a Pazzles Inspiration so that'll be my big spend this year.

Edited by CaryHaven on 04-19-10 07:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CaryHaven

• CaryHaven Said:
Thanks everyone....got the Zig black - love them! Waiting on the Scripto white..... The copics look intriguing but WOW the cost. I'm saving up for a Pazzles Inspiration so that'll be my big spend this year.

Scripto makes a white pen?

Tenant
In response to Bxr-Linda

LOL - sorry -Signo!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics