Username Post: Paint Dabber Storage Question        (Topic#1531991)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

As a result of an Archivers class I purchased several of the acrylic paints with dabbers attached. Does anyone know if you can store these lying down, or do they have to be kept upright? Also, are you supposed to clean the dabbers after you use them? Guess I didn't ask enough questions. Thanks!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to dwelch

I am no help- but curious about these! Guess i need to make a trip to Archivers!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to ChansGram

Tim Holtz does a video demo of them. He does say to store them upside down. and he says you don't need to clean them. http://www.timholtz.com/vid_dabber-resist.htm

Pickledplum981
Veteran
Pickledplum981
In response to leebla

I store mine upside down.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Pickledplum981

I throw mine in a drawer and make sure it's upside down for a couple minutes before I use it.

Funny you'd ask about a paint dauber because I've had one for two years and finally used it for the first time on my latest project.

Edited by scrap4brains on 04-05-10 05:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to scrap4brains

Wow! If you've had one for that long unused and it still works, I guess storing them on the side is okay! I'm thinking about getting another 11x14 frame to store them on upside down like I do my Stickles, but haven't done it yet. Thanks all of you for the help. I've lost the speakers on my computer so the Holtz video didn't "tell" me much!

mc_hudd
Veteran
mc_hudd
In response to dwelch

I pm'd you.

Can we post links to products on here or is that against the rules?

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 04-05-10 06:12 PM
In response to mc_hudd

I just throw mine in a box, so they are stored sideways. They work beautifully - love them so much - and I have never cleaned the sponge tip. I do keep the clear cap on them though. They are so easy and fun to use and come in vibrant colors.

Code:
Can we post links to products on here?

Yes, you can link to products sold here in the Superstore. Not sure if that's what you were asking.

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to IzzyB

I love these... I have a good fifteen of them. The pearl is awesome! I do store mine upside down most of the time. I saw in one of the Ranger videos that if they get thick you can just add a little water and mix it up.

Jessica_
Guru
Jessica_
In response to AmyK75

dabber storage products in the superstore:

mc_hudd
Veteran
mc_hudd
In response to Jessica_

• Quote:
  • Quote:
Can we post links to products on here?

Yes, you can link to products sold here in the Superstore. Not sure if that's what you were asking.

No, I knew you could post links to stuff sold here, but what about stuff on other sites?

Thanks!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to mc_hudd

No, you can't link to other sites here. Anything that is sold can be from the superstore only, hth

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics