Page 1 of 23 
Username Post: Horse chat group        (Topic#1531995)
featherrs
Governor
featherrs

Hey is anyone out there interested in talking about their horses?? Scrap talk and horse talk at the same time? Well just s thought but I would for sure be up for it. Maybe if were having a problem with training or a sickness maybe you are not familiar with there might be someone out there that has gone through it and can share. Anyway just a thought!

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to featherrs

Well I just invited a few of you to come chat. Please feel free to chat. Whether you ride cow horses to dressage it's always fun to chat about our 4 legged friends. Please introduce your self and your horses. I'll start. My name is Lisa, a mom of 2, a son (25) and daughter (17), and a grandma to a 15 month old grand daughter, married for 19 years now, live in Ca. in the Sierra Foothills. We have 4 horses, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 5 birds and some chickens. My horses consist of a 25 yr. old quarter horse, a 17 yr. old quarter/TB cross, a 17 yr. old Appaloosa and a 4 yr.old warmblood. Quite a mix but it works. Welcome.....

Edited by featherrs on 04-05-10 08:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

loves ranch life
Diva
loves ranch life
In response to featherrs

What a cool idea having this horse group on Scrapbook.com!!!
I'm Judy and I live in western North Dakota where my husband and I ranch. I've got two sons,one of whom is married and has two kids, which makes me the luckiest grandma around! I have an 8 yr granddaughter who is horse crazy and a 2yr grandson who seems to be leaning the same way!!
We have 9 quarter horses, varying in age from 15 to 3 yrs. All of them are cow horses, although the two 3yr olds I play around with in halter classes. Our granddaughter has a 20yr old Welsh PonyxAppyxPaint cross. I also have four dogs, which include 2 border collies and 2 border collie X heeler crosses. My husband has declared a moritorium on any more horses or dogs for some reason! I love taking photos of our cattle, horses, dogs and ranchlife. Some of them I scrap and the others I just pile up in my computer!!!

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to loves ranch life

Hi Judy!!!
I am so glad you are here. I wasn't sure if anyone would respond. Yeah I saw every other topic here and thought it would be fun to have a horse group. Well this is cool!!
What does your husband mean no more animals!!! Mine says the same thing but says nothing when another shows up. My son lived here for awhile with his 3 pitbulls and our 2 heeler mixes, what a crew they made. Before I let them out I sometimes would rile them up and say the "S" word (squirrel) and the pits would run out and my dogs would be heeling them. Should of got a video of that.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 04-06-10 06:16 AM
In response to featherrs

hey girls...I'm here, just a little slow!

My name is Melanie. We live on 15 acres in the sticks in Missouri. We have 6 quarter horses ranging in age from 3-26. We mainly trailride but hubby loves to go round up rogue cattle for neighbors on occasion as well. I have 2 kids, Joni is 19 and a freshman in college, Jake is 15 and a freshman in high school.....and we have their significant others hanging around a lot as well. Add in 4 dogs and 2 cats and the zoo is complete!! As for squirrels....haven't had one around our house for 14 years...our Aussie keeps critters of any kind cleaned out...including barn cats which is why, much to my hubbies dismay, both cats are in the house full time

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to j3Mel

Morning girls. Glad you're here Mel. Nothing new on the front here. Amanda (daughter) home sick today so I'll be taking care of her!!
Mel...have you had a chance yet to ride your filly?

Judy...do you still break colts?? Me...not anymore. Looking for someone to send "Bling" (4 yr.old.geld)to this year.

Sammy Jo
Expert
Sammy Jo
In response to featherrs

I'm Sam and I have a 12 year old American Quarter Horse. She's a handful but I love her. You can't beat getting a horse for $1.00 like I did...but she's costing me money now. LOL. I have a fiance who doesn't ride but I'm sure he will some day. I'm crossing my fingers. LOL.

What a great group to have on Scrapbook.com!!

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to Sammy Jo

Hi Sammy Jo,
Welcome! Glad you came on in!!! Yeah horses for 1.00, There is nothing free about a horse!! But a good way to get one. What do you do with her? We (hubby and I trail ride mostly. Amanda rides with us sometimes. She has taken a break for awhile but as soon as Bling gets 60 days put on she will start up again. She likes eventing so will probably get back into that.

Edited by featherrs on 04-06-10 12:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sammy Jo
Expert
Sammy Jo
In response to featherrs

I just kinda ride. I don't compete with Dixie. She's just my big baby girl. =)

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to Sammy Jo

I Myself hate arena work and competing. Now I just like to enjoy a nice ride down the trail. Out in nature and so quiet, just you and your horse.

You said Dixie is a handful...is she highstrung?

Sammy Jo
Expert
Sammy Jo
In response to featherrs

She can be...but she isn't really like that anymore. She's calmed down a lot.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 04-07-10 06:39 AM
In response to Sammy Jo

hey girls.

Sammy Jo!!

nope Lisa...haven't had a chance to work with Little Bit any. The weather here hasn't been very ride friendly. It seems like it rains every other day. Our round pen is in the middle of the pasture so it is pretty sloppy right now. Hubby and I might load up the girls this weekend and head to my nephew's indoor roundpen just to get some saddle time in and tune them up a bit. I'm kind of anxious to see how Little Bit is going to do after being turned out all winter.........that is if I can find her under all the mud

they are pretty happy campers right now though because the grass is greening back up and they can eat fresh grass instead of hay

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 04-07-10 06:40 AM
In response to j3Mel

Sammy Jo..........go to my gallery and go back a few pages to the pictures from our Labor Day trail ride last year.....you'll really like them. It was an amazing ride!!! You just have to look past the horse ears in some of my pics The grey gelding I rode at that trail is going to have a new found companion this summer. My son's girlfriend will get to ride him when we go since I have the 4 year old now!

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to j3Mel

Morning all....Chores are done and I have a little more tax work today and then I am done!!

Ok I have not figured it out yet!!! How do you get the smiley faces on here??

Is every bodies horses shedding?? Mine are and the hair has started to fly!! Birds will be happy!!

Have a great day all.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to featherrs

Now a days, we go on trail rides when we are on vacation. We used to ride for pleasure and do some team pennings. My husband and I both love horses. 1 of our most memorable trips was to a wild horse sanctuary in South Dakota. They had some beautiful Medicine Hat paints studs and mares.

Sammy Jo
Expert
Sammy Jo
In response to featherrs

• featherrs Said:
Morning all....Chores are done and I have a little more tax work today and then I am done!!

Ok I have not figured it out yet!!! How do you get the smiley faces on here??

Is every bodies horses shedding?? Mine are and the hair has started to fly!! Birds will be happy!!

Have a great day all.

Dixie is shedding something awful. I could make another horse out of all of her fur!!! The flies are starting to gather!!! Time to break out the fly spray!!!

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to Sammy Jo

Done with taxes!1

To bad there wasn't money involved with shedded hair!! Not ready for flies tho. Hate them. My daughters appy is the worst. We eat hair for a month with him.

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to featherrs

Hello, we ended up on the second page. Of coarse we are not as exciting as the brat pack divas. They are quite an interesting bunch of gals. Love to chat with them!!!

Anywho hope everyone is having a great day.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to featherrs

Ooooooh, but that shedding is so worth when they are slicked off for summer all shiny and gorgeous.

Sammy Jo
Expert
Sammy Jo
In response to SoonerT

• SoonerTeacher Said:
Ooooooh, but that shedding is so worth when they are slicked off for summer all shiny and gorgeous.

Ooooo...I second that!!

Page 1 of 23 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics